LionSteel Shuffler

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by BenjaminRush, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Anybody know if the BCF will be random?

2. WoodManGM

WoodManGM

May 24, 2017
    Mike has a two-blade version of the Shuffler up on his Early Reserve system called the Warhorse. Full size clip and wharncliffe in M390. I reserved one in Ram's Horn.

3. pistonsandgears

pistonsandgears Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2011
    One of my favorite and most frequently carried knives :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

4. texmex03

texmex03

Nov 17, 2014
    Any pictures showing thickness next to a regular one or 77 2 blade?

5. pistonsandgears

pistonsandgears Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2011
    I haven't seen any comparison pictures but Mike did say this...

6. texmex03

texmex03

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah that’s why I wanted to know how thick we are talking.

7. chivaceae

chivaceae Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Weeks before Mike showed pics of the new prototypes for his LionSteel line of titanium barlows, I dreamt of his now named Warhorse model. Since I had a Shuffler and a Dom, I removed the covers, took some measurements and careful observations, and went ahead and disassembled both. Took some more careful measurements with a caliper, ordered some parts and spent several hours (spread over the course of a week) and made my own Warhorse version. I wanted one with a sheepfoot blade rather than a wharncliffe blade.
    Here are a few pictures. I love it!
    PS. The only thing I need is a set of gnarly ram horn covers, or add a 3-D sterling silver longhorn shield on the mark-side ebony cover.
    Raul

My-Warhorse-mark.jpg My-Warhorse-pile.jpg

Here is a comparison of its thickness (about 9/16" with the covers/bolsters) with a Queen Trapper
    LS-Warhorse-vs-QTrapper-top.jpg

See/expand the other thumbnail pics below to get some more illustrative details. I have modified SAK knives in the past (with pivots/torx replacing the original brass pins), so I had some confidence in pulling this Warhorse off.
    Dimensions-&-parts-1.jpg Assembled.jpg LS-Warhorse-vs-QTrapper-mark.jpg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  8. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    That’s cool! I’d love to hear the full rundown of your modification!

chivaceae likes this.
  9. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Very skilled mod that, you should start a business :cool:;)

chivaceae likes this.
  10. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    Nice job! Well done. :thumbsup:

chivaceae likes this.
  11. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Shuffler madness has come upon me, it's been a year since I had my first Shuffler, then the next and today at work the fellow that took the second one off my hands had it in and wanted it touched up, it needed some sharpening but then, he is a machinist and uses his knives all the time, for everything. So I wasn't surprised that she was needing some stone to steel work. But, that time spent did me in and I ordered an Ebony handled Shuffler today, just a really nice folder right there!
    G2

12. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018
    I have an ebony Shuffler too...… I love it; it's a very well designed & executed knife.....

Laurelbb and Gary W. Graley like this.
  13. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    The Shuffler is a great pattern and matched with being a lion steel makes it a win win :thumbsup:

Laurelbb and Gary W. Graley like this.
  14. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016
    Agree with comments above. Shuffler is a marvelous knife.

585B5D64-3ECC-42D6-BC6C-6A2C217B8A2B.jpeg FBC50932-BDDC-4ADE-959E-8D097AD40ABF.jpeg

Dadpool, solphilos, TheFactor and 4 others like this.
  15. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Mine arrived today, excellent example, walk and talk is great and she arrived blazing sharp too, very nice thanks @knifeswapper one thing Mike does that I haven't seen others do, the package is encapsulated in plastic which helps to keep it a bit dryer especially in these winter months, a false drop and into the snow can wet the carboard box quickly, being wrapped as he does has to help.

Edited to add, another thing Mike does...ships fast ! ;)

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

16. solphilos

solphilos Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2009
    The Ebony looks fantastic. It was a close decision between that and bone micarta, but the micarta won me over. Can't say enough good things about this knife, and every compliment I want to give it has been said a thousand times before. Also can't say enough good things about Mike and the CK store, and love the fast shipping!
    [​IMG]

17. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018

I got a little something from Mike yesterday...….. It was shrink wrapped & heat sealed...… Like your frozen DiGiornio pizza from the Dollar Chopper Store...…….. Nice way to ship things...……...

18. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Me too :).

[​IMG]

19. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
  20. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Gary W. Graley likes this.