Liu Kang (Dan Huang) - when is enough...well, enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it:thumbup:, but it seems like another band aid for that ONE particular person/problem.

Agree on the latter part. You gotta do what you gotta do, but sitewide rule changes because one person likes to see how far he can push the rule set seems like a bandaid to me. As soon as the new rules are in place, he'll find a way to bend those as well and then we're all back here again to discuss even more rules.

While I'm aware of the situation with the Busse Exchange, the simple solution to the majority of the issues with the exchange is to make people post where they're supposed to. Kick the dealers, makers, providers, etc. out of the "Individual" forums and direct anybody who doesn't like it to the logout button. Just my two cents, but the actual individuals shouldn't have to be restricted more for something they're not doing. It's not the guys who wanna buy and sell as a part of their hobby or tool needs that are the problem, it's the ones who can't recognize that "business" and "individual" are not the same thing.

Really, I'm about to crack down and put a "No more than 10 items per ad, no more than 4 ads per 30 days" rule into effect.

If you've got more than 50 items you are actively selling, PAY THE MONEY AND BUY YOURSELF A FRIGGIN WEBSITE. For the amount of time you are wasting reposting everything here, you could have a functioning storefront website and not have to deal with all the hassle.

Thank you, sir!

The owner of the forum is yelling at you Dan, are you getting the message yet?

Really, I'm about to crack down and put a "No more than 10 items per ad, no more than 4 ads per 30 days" rule into effect.

If you've got more than 50 items you are actively selling, PAY THE MONEY AND BUY YOURSELF A FRIGGIN WEBSITE. For the amount of time you are wasting reposting everything here, you could have a functioning storefront website and not have to deal with all the hassle.

That sounds exceptionally reasonable to me, besides who needs to sell more than 40 knives a month that doesn't have a legitimate knife business to run?

It is apparently, however, about the only place where a person can run a knife-selling business without overhead, auction fees, a business license, or taxes. BFC should be a place of discussion, not a storefront.
Good point.
It's unfortunate that it's supported on any level.
Spark also makes a good point.

Precisely...

Well said! I am up for!

It is apparently, however, about the only place where a person can run a knife-selling business without overhead, auction fees, a business license, or taxes. BFC should be a place of discussion, not a storefront.
Im' glad you got right down to the nut cutten because that's what's going on.

Since we're on the subject, we may need a rule against buying for third parties for profit so that "dealers" don't swoop in acting as middlemen and further preventing actual buyers and collectors from using the "Individual" forums.

Or we could just get rid of the source of the headache. :rolleyes:

The part that bothers me is LK is able to skirt around a lot more than just BF rules, he's able to skate around taxes proper licenses and everything else. That is the core of my issues with him, second is when you have someone who is on here who buys knives on the scale that he does and buying up product on here IS his job, it ruins BF being a place to come to be able to buy and trade Busse for the rest of the people on here from the constant non-stop flipping. Just my two cents.

Not sure why LK wasn't declared a "dealer" rather than an "individual" in the first place, but all that has been said in this thread makes perfect sense. There is no reason in the world as a community forum we can't abide by community guidelines. Individuals selling or trading knives should be just that, individuals...and rightly limited to a certain number of knives listed per month. Dealers have a forum as well, and would not necessarily have a limit to how many knives they post...or if there were a limit...a higher set limit.

It costs the owner of BF time and money to run this site. The owner of BF also has a site which he does not advertise here. LK needs to become an adult and stop leaching off of BF.

I still like my idea as posted earlier. If he is limited to 40 knives for sale per month, what's to stop him from having his friends/shills post his blades for sale under their accounts? He will find a way around it and show no shame in doing it. He's already proven himself to be a liar and a cheat in more ways than one.

I want to clarify that I feel his past actions here should have had him banned. My suggestion in a earlier post was to deal with the mess that was allowed to happen.

It costs the owner of BF time and money to run this site. The owner of BF also has a site which he does not advertise here.
Actually, 1sks does advertise here. You just never noticed because you've been a paid member since the ads started. Log out and refresh the main page a few times and you'll see one for the Sebenza at 1sks.

LK has shown time and again that he is willing to do whatever it takes to skirt around the rules in order to save a buck.

An absurd amount of listings, shill buyers, refusal to purchase insurance from the company doing the shipping and instead insisting he is personally insuring packages, PP mark-ups that go above and beyond the rate at which PP actually charges, insisting that items received from him with undisclosed defects be sent to the manufacturer rather than issuing a refund for a return himself...... the list goes on and on. I also have a hard time with the fact that he fought getting a dealer membership for so long while claiming to be a collector/average seller. If he can't be bothered to treat this site and community with both honesty and professionalism how can we expect him to do so with future customers?

I realize that I am not privy to everything that has gone on regarding this issue and respect Spark's decision to allow LK to have a continued presence here. Just my penny's worth.

The rules don't need to be changed again, all that needs to happen is to have LK post in the dealer specific sub forum. That would clean up pretty much all the problems highligted. He is abusing the special treatment he has been given so it should be removed. It's beggars beliefe that layer after layer of rules are put down because of LK's tactics yet he is still given this special treatment. Just removing that would seem to be the very best solution here, short of removing LK all together that is.

LK doesnt give a rats a%% about Bladeforums members or the knife community itself. This is just his meal ticket. I mean hes got it made here. What he pays in Dealer
fees must pale in comparison to what he should be paying the US government for properly running a business in the United States of America. Im just glad I dont collect
Busse knives (and probably never will) so I dont have see his spam everyday.

Restricting him to the Dealer only general section wouldn't be fair to other paying Dealers as he would crowd out their sale posts. His sales are too big for this forum in it's current state. Since he has been allowed to get to this point, he needs his own section in the dealer area or his own website to flip/broker his goods.

Well said!! Bravo!! I agree 100%

Dan Huang needs a business license and a website, just like the rest of the dealers here. I don't see the other dealers listing EVERY single knife they have for sale. They post links to their website. He is only here on BF to look out for himself and only takes from the community and never gives back. The whole "special consideration" thing is complete BS. Man up, Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back