Lost in the woods - Pick one of these knives!

I'd go with the 110 as I don't own the other knives. I do have a Rucksack I like a lot, though. When I'm outdoors, camping, in the woods or hunting, I have a 110 on me at all times. I feel nekkid without it.... then there are the big blades, as well. I don't go anywhere without the Effie BJ #1-7. BJ

The farmer would be my first coice. But also the 110 stikes me as o good knife for the purpose.

Bosse

Allen and Vivi,

Your debate has to be one of the most civil, respectable, mature, insightful, and enjoyable debates that I have read on BFC. The only thing neither of you have touch on is appearance. Which knife would you rather be seen with when rescued? :D

Current tally:
Paramilitary: 15 (14%)
Buck 110: 27 (25%)
Vic Farmer: 66 (61%)

Your debate has to be one of the most civil, respectable, mature, insightful, and enjoyable debates that I have read on BFC.
Thanks.
I have the utmost respect for Vivi....he's a great credit to this forum.

The only thing neither of you have touch on is appearance. Which knife would you rather be seen with when rescued? :D
No contest! :D

HPIM4875.jpg

HPIM4876.jpg

man this was a good thread. im gonna have to go with my 110, especially cabellas version. though the sak is a close second.

Of the three "choices", the only one I have is a buck 110.
And it is an automatic version. So I guess it wins of the "choices".

Reality, my Lone Wolf Harsey Tactical T-1 beats any of them hands down.
Add a T-3 and a Leatherman Charge and I am set to go.

Let's see...I wouldn't want to have the one those guys had while looking for the Blair Witch because...hey, they didn't have a knife in that movie. But that guy in Cliffhanger had a Spyderco, and he lived, so I'd probably take the Paramilitary.

The Victorinox knives are only good for carving up the people who have already died and are being canibalized. The blades are too small, too thin and a made out of only so-so steel, so those Swissies would be my last choice except the one with the cell phone and flashlight tools.

Back