Lum Tanto

Every time I saw this knife in the forum I had a lust attack, sometimes I made a comment, and sometimes I just slobbered over my computer keyboard and didn't say anything. Well, Rusty finally gave in and I got it, thanks man, I really appreciate it!!
I got it about a month ago but haven't said anything; I thought I'd post a pic and let those of you who are Bob Lum's fans admire it, maybe you were lucky enough to score one when they came out; when was it? 2001 or around there? I don't really know, but I know it's been a long time.
I really wish Spyderco would bring this back with a compression lock in it, and maybe some gimping even though it doesn't really need it.
What do you guys think? It is a big blade and it is beautiful!
eac3ddf4c51d2b57bac80e5e08b5689c.jpg
3e06e2b3cda2556dc5661863c41f66b6.jpg
ec7908ccaed44defccaf6059aa5911ca.jpg
8d6258e21c3b64b1249c8e7187fd5447.jpg
f648eaefb5eef29765b186bde5b5ffe7.jpg

The liner in the non locking side was drilled out
d61ab267c5b890eb7e282e1ab56d9d6f.jpg

For size comparison:
3e07d0f2a4b2b8278c01f3864ca7343a.jpg

aa4a2014e42965ef0ae7fb4ac1c02e88.jpg

It was a sprint run:
8e3c7c91122f703581814c0f6ea70660.jpg

d8fcf52053eab4cb6a66baba863ba7e4.jpg

60780509ec4c36206dfc72192e465606.jpg
4c77dd3945094263dcd1d1f726e8a324.jpg
cool grind on the tip, right?
Thanks for looking.

Every time I saw this knife in the forum I had a lust attack, sometimes I made a comment, and sometimes I just slobbered over my computer keyboard and didn't say anything.

Seconded man, definitely one I've lusted over many times. Congrats on scoring one!!

I'm in the same boat. The tanto is always hovering on my wish list...the price usually backs me off.

That a CQC 8 or Horseman in the pics? All great pics btw. :thumbup:

See my sigline.

I finally found a seller on another site. It's supposed to be here tomorrow!

Pics to come!

Congrats to anyone fortunate enough to have one. I recall feeling surprised at the quality of workmanship as well as the power of the design when mine first arrived. It felt better in hand than it looked in pictures. It's a true classic in my eyes.

Joe

Seconded man, definitely one I've lusted over many times. Congrats on scoring one!!

Thanks Apophis!

I'm in the same boat. The tanto is always hovering on my wish list...the price usually backs me off.

That a CQC 8 or Horseman in the pics? All great pics btw. :thumbup:

Yeah a Horseman in the first with a Seb. 25, and a CQC8 as well on the second; yeah they're pricy but they're worth every penny.
Took the pics with my phone btw.

Same here. There will never be another Bob Lum.

I so agree with you Rev; he's one of my favorite designers, too bad I was so broke and I missed the Chineese folder.

Really cool knife. Great score.

Thanks man!

See my sigline.

I finally found a seller on another site. It's supposed to be here tomorrow!

Pics to come!

I can't wait to see it, congratulations!

looking good man.
glad to see it go to a good home.

Thanks a lot Rusty, did you find your dad's present? Rusty sold it to me so he could afford a present for his father; such a cool guy.

Congrats to anyone fortunate enough to have one. I recall feeling surprised at the quality of workmanship as well as the power of the design when mine first arrived. It felt better in hand than it looked in pictures. It's a true classic in my eyes.

Joe

Thanks Joe; it is a powerful design. That tip grind is so amazing; they did a great job at the Japan shop.

a lum tanto with compression lock would be awesome, so awesome i don't understand why it hasn't been made yet. i would certainly buy more than 1. heres to hoping sal and co. read this

Errr not that cool Alex.
Lol
Bought myself an aimpoint t2 instead.
The old mans got enough knives.
[emoji12]

Ha ha, you did well Ron, that's an awesome sight! I'll think about you when I go look for an aimpoint and sell you a Lum Tanto to get it:). It's still cool you let me have it.

Thanks man, I'm really trying to not carry it until I get another one; I really hope they bring it back. If I ever sell it to pay bills I'll give you a shout, I promise; it's going to be a long time though:)

I've seen a lum sprint for sale by a dealer, for under 2. How much do these regular fetch?

I am lucky to have 2 the only thing I would consider trading one for is my other Grail, an Emerson Persian.
image_zpse9skj3is.jpg

Back