Magnacut campsword/ extra long Bowie

[ IMG ]https://i.ibb.co/Hzv2FYn/machette-revised.jpg[/URL][ IMG ]

[ IMG ]https://i.ibb.co/gz4gbYn/machette-0002.jpg[ IMG ]

[ IMG ]https://i.ibb.co/dM2Zg7P/new-design-blade.jpg[ IMG ]

This is all I got for the moment guys, let me know what you think.

I know they're just sketches but I never did a full blueprint of the blade, so I hope it's good enough for you makers out there.

Sorry about the images not popping up in screen, I'm not computer savvy and I'm just trying different things people told me to do to get them to work but they aren't, but the links are clean, maybe someone else will repost them correctly.

Last edited:
Aprox. what do you think it will cost?

The lines flow better than I feared from the first handle sketch. Should be a fun piece.
One thing isn't clear to me. Is the part in front of the handle a thick bolster, or is it thinner and integral to the blade?

Aprox. what do you think it will cost?
One knife maker quoted me $600 once, another said if he did it it'd be $550 with out heat treatment and I'd have to pay to have it shipped to a heat treater and pay whatever that would be, so somewhere around that range I'm guessing

The lines flow better than I feared from the first handle sketch. Should be a fun piece.
One thing isn't clear to me. Is the part in front of the handle a thick bolster, or is it thinner and integral to the blade?
It's thicker and not sharped at all, it's mostly just for aesthetics but also it helps tilt the weight a little in favor towards the handle and serve as a sort of quasai guard of sorts just incase in the very unlikely event the hand slips forward when chopping.

So with these modifications, the more oval shape rings of the handle, possible use of other matirals for the handles construction, having it be more wide in the center as oppse to pole shaped, changes in the size of spaces or groves in the handle and having an understanding that the part of the blade that protrudes downward right in front of the handle is not meant to be sharp would any maker here be willing to take on this project?
'
I'd also like to add the teeth at the back end of the blade are not meant to be sharp, it's just for aesthetic purposes and not at all to be used as a saw blade so they shouldn't pose any issue as a weak point or point of stress, just round of the grooves in-between and make them more robust on the bottom and only narrow them towards the very top just a little bit.

Richard338 Richard338 I tried to send you a PM, but it instantly showed "Richard338 has left this conversation" the moment I sent it. Is your inbox full?

That's smaller than I thought it was going to be. Seems like a bolo-ish knife. For some reason in my head I was thinking Fikes Jungle Honey.

That's smaller than I thought it was going to be. Seems like a bolo-ish knife. For some reason in my head I was thinking Fikes Jungle Honey.
Yea when I originally wrote this I was thinking the largest bolos had about a 14inch blade for some reason, that's why I said a long bolo/ machete type design.

But this is not short by any means, the blade it self is 16 inches long and will have about a 5 and 3/4th to 6 inch handle or so, so it's over 21 inches in total, which I guess is still a little on the short side for a machete but it's purpose is, and always was to be a chopper more than anything else, it just kind of has a machete look to it is all.

keep in mind it's made from 3/16th inch steel, so to make it much longer would make it unnecessarily heavy for a one handed blade.

Back