Making Progress!

ea42

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Well I'm slowly but surely getting there with the new knife company. Made a practice run of fifteen knives this week and everything turned out great with the exception of my shield pins. I thought for sure they were nickel silver but it turns out they're stainless, hence the glaring pin show! Don't know how I managed that, what a rookie mistake! Ugh. I'll definitely remedy that on the next batch. Well anyway whoever gets one of these has a surefire way of proving that they got one of the first fifteen LOL! Plus it's actually nice to see that the stainless blended in as well as it did, definitely a good sign. Did a whole bunch of different handle materials to make sure the shields were doable. Here are a few shots. There's gabon ebony, bubinga, old westinghouse maroon micarta, blue/yellow kirinite, and a couple of different jig bones. Now I can start in earnest. Waiting on boxes which should be here next week, hoping to get between fifteen and twenty knives done a week. Blades and springs are CPM154 (61RC) with half stops, bolsters and liners are stainless as well. Length is 3 3/8" closed. I'll keep you posted:

Single Blade Jack Group Shot 2.jpg
Ebony Single Blade Jack 2.jpg
Ebony Single Blade Jack.jpg

Single Blade Jack Group Shot 3.jpg

Eric

Last edited:

JohnDF

Gold Member
They look great.
The 'obvious' pinned shields remind me of Scagel's.

Duper

Gold Member
How do we get on the list? They are beautiful!

,,,Mike in Canada

TOM K.

Gold Member
They all look great, I Really like that Bubinga!

Last edited:

AnW

Gold Member
They look awesome! I'm definitely in for one if they're available. So glad to see this coming to fruition.

pmek5

Gold Member
'Those look amazing. You do great work. The jigged bone all the way to the right is very nice ;). Kind of like the exposed pin on the shield. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Sacto

Basic Member
Those look great. I’ll be looking forward to the Albers Cut Co official release.

Those are some really good looking knives! Any idea on how long the blades are? Have you settled on a price!

ea42

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Thanks for the compliments everyone! They're not quite ready to be put up for sale yet, still waiting on boxes but should be good to go in a week for sure. I'm going to try to have a website up by then as well. I really just wanted to share the outcome with everyone, couldn't wait to show you! I'm pretty sure I can't discuss prices here but if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM or email any time, I'm always available.

DavidABQ the knife is 3 3/8" closed, the blades are 2 9/16" from the end of the bolster to the tip.

Eric

BDubbs

Gold Member
Here, just take my money! Bubinga and ebony look great, never understood brass pins when everything else on the knife was silver, really nice contrast and uniformity on the ebony. You should send me that one to do an extended wear test. I’ll provide feedback and when it’s time to return it I’ll explain how I lost it and you can charge me for it.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC