Making Progress!

cudgee

Gold Member
Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really appreciate it!!! It's been an incredible amount of work getting to this point but seeing the final product finally come to fruition definitely makes it all worthwhile. This is going to be more of an artisan venture rather than a large scale operation where hundreds of knives are dumped at once. I'll be working more on a trickle but it should be a steady trickle so don't get discouraged if you miss out on a knife, there should be plenty more down the road.

Eric
" Good Things Come To Those That Wait ", as my old mum would have said.;):thumbsup:.

Rusty1

Gold Member
Wow Eric, some fantastic cutlery you have engineered there my friend. They all look spot on. Looking forward to these.

Russell

Dave Dallam

Gold Member
Basic Member
Well I'm slowly but surely getting there with the new knife company. Made a practice run of fifteen knives this week and everything turned out great with the exception of my shield pins. I thought for sure they were nickel silver but it turns out they're stainless, hence the glaring pin show! Don't know how I managed that, what a rookie mistake! Ugh. I'll definitely remedy that on the next batch. Well anyway whoever gets one of these has a surefire way of proving that they got one of the first fifteen LOL! Plus it's actually nice to see that the stainless blended in as well as it did, definitely a good sign. Did a whole bunch of different handle materials to make sure the shields were doable. Here are a few shots. There's gabon ebony, bubinga, old westinghouse maroon micarta, blue/yellow kirinite, and a couple of different jig bones. Now I can start in earnest. Waiting on boxes which should be here next week, hoping to get between fifteen and twenty knives done a week. Blades and springs are CPM154 (61RC) with half stops, bolsters and liners are stainless as well. Length is 3 3/8" closed. I'll keep you posted:

View attachment 1422148
View attachment 1422149
View attachment 1422150

View attachment 1422151

Eric
100% IN for your first run, or second. GREAT work, Eric!

KellyGlanzer

Gold Member
Looking good Eric. Very nice to see a new start up by someone such as yourself. Im sure we will be lined up around the block from the looks of your work :)
I as well am looking forward to when you website is up and your ready for sales and orders :)
If for some reason there is a list be sure to add me to it:)

Cheers
Kelly

RBB2

Gold Member
Those look fantastic! I'd be down for an ebony at some point for sure.

Well I'm slowly but surely getting there with the new knife company. Made a practice run of fifteen knives this week and everything turned out great with the exception of my shield pins. I thought for sure they were nickel silver but it turns out they're stainless, hence the glaring pin show! Don't know how I managed that, what a rookie mistake! Ugh. I'll definitely remedy that on the next batch. Well anyway whoever gets one of these has a surefire way of proving that they got one of the first fifteen LOL! Plus it's actually nice to see that the stainless blended in as well as it did, definitely a good sign. Did a whole bunch of different handle materials to make sure the shields were doable. Here are a few shots. There's gabon ebony, bubinga, old westinghouse maroon micarta, blue/yellow kirinite, and a couple of different jig bones. Now I can start in earnest. Waiting on boxes which should be here next week, hoping to get between fifteen and twenty knives done a week. Blades and springs are CPM154 (61RC) with half stops, bolsters and liners are stainless as well. Length is 3 3/8" closed. I'll keep you posted:

View attachment 1422148
View attachment 1422149
View attachment 1422150

View attachment 1422151

Eric

Eric, these look great! I'm really glad to see you're continuing to make knives. I think going under your own brand / company is a good choice. I'm also glad to see you've kept the same MASSIVE nail nick as on the Red Trouts. It's very functional, and could almost be a calling card.

Wow! 61hrc CPM154. That's incredible!

I really hope to get in on one of these first run ones :eek:

ea42

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
L.H.S. this nail nick's just a little smaller than the Red Trouts. That one almost didn't fit on the blade! I liked it myself though, kind of harkened back to some very old Sheffield knives I've seen.

I really appreciate the words of encouragement everyone! Really gets me motivated on these guys. Should be some interesting stuff coming down the line. I'm going to incorporate a pen blade in the next order of steel I put in so that should start arriving on the knives in a few months hopefully. Baby steps.

Eric

Jack Black

Gold Member
Congratulations Eric, and good luck with everything for the future. Those look fantastic :thumbsup:

abbydaddy

Gold Member
Well hoo doggie! Those are gorgeous. Glad to see you making knives again Eric. I'm not in a position to manage to buy one of those first 15 beauties, but I sure hope I get to buy one of your knives before too much longer.

sitflyer

Gold Member
L.H.S. this nail nick's just a little smaller than the Red Trouts. That one almost didn't fit on the blade! I liked it myself though, kind of harkened back to some very old Sheffield knives I've seen.

I really appreciate the words of encouragement everyone! Really gets me motivated on these guys. Should be some interesting stuff coming down the line. I'm going to incorporate a pen blade in the next order of steel I put in so that should start arriving on the knives in a few months hopefully. Baby steps.

Eric
Just do what you do best, and I believe things will go good for you, you have extreme talent and a sound following. Let your imagination run free and follow your dreams, you only get one life to make them come true...all the best to you! :)

CasePeanut

Gold Member
Awesome knife and a perfect size. Can’t wait to order one! That Bubinga caught my eye