Making Progress!

Well I'm slowly but surely getting there with the new knife company. Made a practice run of fifteen knives this week and everything turned out great with the exception of my shield pins. I thought for sure they were nickel silver but it turns out they're stainless, hence the glaring pin show! Don't know how I managed that, what a rookie mistake! Ugh. I'll definitely remedy that on the next batch. Well anyway whoever gets one of these has a surefire way of proving that they got one of the first fifteen LOL! Plus it's actually nice to see that the stainless blended in as well as it did, definitely a good sign. Did a whole bunch of different handle materials to make sure the shields were doable. Here are a few shots. There's gabon ebony, bubinga, old westinghouse maroon micarta, blue/yellow kirinite, and a couple of different jig bones. Now I can start in earnest. Waiting on boxes which should be here next week, hoping to get between fifteen and twenty knives done a week. Blades and springs are CPM154 (61RC) with half stops, bolsters and liners are stainless as well. Length is 3 3/8" closed. I'll keep you posted:

View attachment 1422148
View attachment 1422149
View attachment 1422150

View attachment 1422151

Eric

Eric, those look absolutely fantastic… shield pin and all! :D Now I’m just hoping that I’ll be able to drop an Albers Cut. Co. in my pocket some day soon! :cool:

Eric, forgive me being late to the Party, but as Charlie said, the right guy behind the Wheel!, I am glad that such a array of skillsets all rolled into one of which you possess is not being wasted and will continue to produce such great quality, we all in the Knife World are better off for this- as well as the Knife collector in the future too!

Those Knives look Great, any one of us wouldnt blink an Eye Lid at that Pin, in fact- as you say, a great marker of I.D'ing an early one! :) :thumbsup:
This is great news, looking forward to owning one - one day I have the feeling these will sell like hot Cakes Eric.

Beautiful work, Eric. I’m looking forward to checking out your new website. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats, Eric, I'm hoping for a long-lived and successful venture! The visible shield pins look great . . . no change needed. :thumbsup:

Great looking knives and best of luck in your new endeavor !

Oh man, such a nice surprise to see this weekend! Fantastic job all around. While not a big fan of nail nicks or clips, I’m so super stoked for your new endeavor! These all look fantastic!

Besides the fact that these are beautiful, and the fact that I know Eric's craftsmanship is top notch, I'm excited about the prospect of a Boys Knife (which are meant to be users) that is stainless steel.

Woo, pretty excited to see this happening, Eric!

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really appreciate it!!! It's been an incredible amount of work getting to this point but seeing the final product finally come to fruition definitely makes it all worthwhile. This is going to be more of an artisan venture rather than a large scale operation where hundreds of knives are dumped at once. I'll be working more on a trickle but it should be a steady trickle so don't get discouraged if you miss out on a knife, there should be plenty more down the road.

Eric

Eric, congrats and best wishes, these look amazing. Terdl76 shares the pictures and they are just awesome.
If any of the original 15 are still available (jigged bone and bubinga would be preferred) let me know!!
Best
Joe

These look wonderful Eric. Glad to see you are keeping busy. Keep up the great the great work!

Back