Making Progress!

Matt_WY

Gold Member
Looking great Eric! I am interested in the jigged bone or acrylic. Send me a message if you’re selling!

Georgecatl

Gold Member
These look great :thumbsup:
I’m in. I’d like the maroon Westinghouse micarta, or ebony, or ....... you tell me what’s available.
very pleased with the Red Trout, keep building on the quality and success

Scott J.

Basic Member
Well I'm slowly but surely getting there with the new knife company. Made a practice run of fifteen knives this week and everything turned out great with the exception of my shield pins. I thought for sure they were nickel silver but it turns out they're stainless, hence the glaring pin show! Don't know how I managed that, what a rookie mistake! Ugh. I'll definitely remedy that on the next batch. Well anyway whoever gets one of these has a surefire way of proving that they got one of the first fifteen LOL! Plus it's actually nice to see that the stainless blended in as well as it did, definitely a good sign. Did a whole bunch of different handle materials to make sure the shields were doable. Here are a few shots. There's gabon ebony, bubinga, old westinghouse maroon micarta, blue/yellow kirinite, and a couple of different jig bones. Now I can start in earnest. Waiting on boxes which should be here next week, hoping to get between fifteen and twenty knives done a week. Blades and springs are CPM154 (61RC) with half stops, bolsters and liners are stainless as well. Length is 3 3/8" closed. I'll keep you posted:

View attachment 1422148
View attachment 1422149
View attachment 1422150

View attachment 1422151

Eric
Wow!!
Nice work and great steel.
Definitely keep us posted.

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
Nice showing, Eric!! I like the visible pin!! Congrats on your fledgling business!! It's in the right place, by the right guy!!!!:cool:

Ramrodmb

Gold Member
I'm in! Those look fantastic! Classy looking tang stamp too. Congrats, Eric.:thumbsup:

GE Jr

Gold Member
These are excellent...very nice, Eric! The Ebony! Jigged bone! Which one? Help me.

I like the shield pins - I've got a few older knives that have them revealed a bit from pocket wear.

JTB_5

Gold Member
Very cool knives, Eric. Like a few others have said, the visible pin in the shield is a unique and interesting signature. You should consider keeping it that way as a trademark. May you have great results as you bring everything to completion!

Thanks for the compliments everyone! They're not quite ready to be put up for sale yet, still waiting on boxes but should be good to go in a week for sure. I'm going to try to have a website up by then as well. I really just wanted to share the outcome with everyone, couldn't wait to show you! I'm pretty sure I can't discuss prices here but if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM or email any time, I'm always available.

DavidABQ the knife is 3 3/8" closed, the blades are 2 9/16" from the end of the bolster to the tip.

Eric

Thank you very much and I eagerly await news that your website is up and they are available! I am all for the maroon micarta! I have an old Buck with maroon micarta and I love the look and feel of it.

ty_higg

Gold Member
Those look great honestly if your selling I may be on the lookout I love supporting smaller makers!

Ernie1980

Gold Member
I am glad to see you back making knives again!! Those look terrific, especially the wood versions:thumbsup: