"Man, Woman, Wild"

I would suggest you take some survival training. Uncle Sam will even pay you to do it.

Your statement shows very little experience and understanding of survival priorities.

Feel free to explain further.

And maybe try reading my whole post. I said "if I were filming a TV show". -Knives are my first love. I wouldn't bother spending much time out in the wild without one. Besides, with just a knife I can make fire, and just about everything else I need to survive. But I don't think I could make a decent knife on the spot in the middle of nowear. Also keep in mind that, for me at least, just having a good knife or three is a huge psychological boost. :thumbup:

Which is? Maybe I missed something.

...Say it three times fast. :) If you still don't get it, you may need to go look for your sense of humor. :p

That info is out there, though, isn't it? Just showing the contents of a decent kit wouldn't take but a few minutes I suppose. Of course, you'd have the guys who demand that we all carry rambo knives or two-handed swords complaining if the knife is less than a 12" blade.

Or you'd have guys demanding that anything over 3" is a useless waste. :)

UUHGG! ....wrong wrong wrong! You should all just be using sharp rocks for all your cutting and chopping tasks! That's what REAL men do anyway.

No, real men just break the bottoms off their beer bottles and use that for everything from cutting meat to shaving.

sheesh It's almost as if you've never spent time in the "right" kind of bars before.

:D

Instead of a lighter, I carry steel wool and a 9 volt battery...it's much more convenient.

...Say it three times fast. :) If you still don't get it, you may need to go look for your sense of humor. :p
Well, in my defense, if his name were Mike Hunt, I would have gotten it immediately.

I wish that Ruth England loved Myke Hawke, Myke Hawke, Myke Hawke.

What was used last night in Episode 10 in the Dominican ?
Looked like William Harsey.
Hers i cannot fathom.

so far i saw :

Louisiana : SOG Jungle Primitive.
Mexiko : Hellion Tops
Utah : Fehrman First Strike
Pacific : CS south africa Machete plus two Tops Steel Eagle.
Alaska : Tops Battle Cry for Ruth plus Ontario Survival Machete for Mykel
Tennessee : SOG Daggert 2

The first two or three episodes had only black Cold Steel knives and machetes.

Last edited:
You were looking at her knife? My wife was laughing stating that Ruth must be the only person that thinks a halter top is perfect for wear in a mosquito-infested jungle.

Altogether, the show grew on me. I didn't like Hawke/Pierce much at first but I've changed my mind.

I particularly like that they never did any stupid Grylli Vanilli stuff (jumping down waterfalls, pretending to rappel with vines or whatever). That wins a lot of points with me.

I was disappointed that Dave on Dual Survival went Gryllish (jumping into unknown depth water, drinking amazon water etc). I'll keep watching DS because Cody is worth it, but if Dave reappears alone I won't watch.

Last edited:
It was that thing that he used
http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/spartan_blades.jpg
I guess she also had a Spartan, then.
Do their sheaths like that ?
It´s hot to see expensive knives being used !
Is it product placement or is Mykel a knife nut ?

@nemoaz
I apologize for looking at her knife!
I learned that talking female assets can be a problem in american forums :p

But its a good show, along with Dual. I can´t stand Grylls any more.

Last edited:
She had the Horkos and he had the Harsey/Spartan collaboration. I've got the Horkos and an older Nyx. Their blades are now supplied with the cordura sheath.
That Harsey model is about 525, spendy blade but she held up well.
I'll miss this show and hope it returns soon!

My wife was watching the show with me and immediately said "Nice Boob Job." The funny part came when I was caught off guard, I was so busy looking at the knives last night, Ruth's appearance was an afterthought...love my wife for pointing out the things I miss.

I enjoyed it too. My kids love to watch it. I thought that all in all, it was a pretty good show. I like anything that's got a bit of humor in it, and even in the serious situations, it was there.

My wife was watching the show with me and immediately said "Nice Boob Job." The funny part came when I was caught off guard, I was so busy looking at the knives last night, Ruth's appearance was an afterthought...love my wife for pointing out the things I miss.

I was watching the show one Saturday afternoon (the episode where they broke down in Africa) and my wife walked into the room. Just then they gave a close up of Ruth, and my wife (who hates to camp) exclaims "What's she doing with all that mascara on?"

I had to laugh.

Now, every time I watch the show, I can't help but notice how perfect Ruth's eyelashes are, no matter what situation they're in.

Not much of a boob job. But who am I to know one way or the other?

I watched the last two episodes last night; Tennessee and Dominica. Both were good although I never noticed how they go rescued on Dominica. The Tennessee show in the Great Smokey Mts (area I presume vs the park) was interesting. The black bear and their TV reaction just made me chuckle. The othe chuckle was their running into that house with the barbacue going on.... pass me a beer. Funny. The folks had really garthered to watch the filming spectacle (crew) versus two people wandering down a creek bed toward them. I doubt they looked very lost at that point.

I have especially liked watching the fire making on the various shows. Ruth's imput helps to point out just how hard it is to make fire based on her frustration at times and how easy it is with some of the other methods.

She really liked that black top even in the mosquito infested jungle. Ouch.

Back