Markesharp Fixed Blade and Beer Scout GAW - WINNERS DRAWN!

Haven't been much around here lately, I'm glad I didn't miss this!

I'm in! Those fixed blades look really nice! I like the design.

Awesome work, Mark! Another great give away from a great guy! icon_thumbsup.gif

(Not an entry)

Last edited:
Here are a few before final finishing, not the best light for pictures :eek:

IMG_1589_zpsx8zlrvqh.jpg

IMG_1590_zpsd3ffpox4.jpg

Holy cow are these nice! I love the pattern you've come up with here. Those handles look extremely comfortable and the blade shape is pure function.

wow.....some great looking knives. I wish I was able to do that type of work.

Thanks for the GAW!

Im in.

Jim

good looking knives!
I am in with no preference and thanks for the chance!
what's the wood? (I realize the wood handled model is not part of the giveaway - just think it's pretty)

Looks like a nice palm-filler to me. Nothing wrong with a chubby handle. It will make it more comfortable for prolonged use. If anything I'd say maybe round the edges off a bit more, which you probably already had planned in final finishing. But otherwise I wouldn't change a thing!

Thanks Phil! :D

Thank's Phil, it's Cocobolo. What's your two cent's on the size of the handles? I think I need to remove 1/8" off the top (spine) and 1/8" off the belly. I have big hands, but I think it would look better and I wouldn't lose out ergonomically.

Anyone else feel free to give your thoughts?

Thanks Phil!

I have big hands. Too small handles are one of the things that frequently bothers me about knives.

Based on the photos, I would personally prefer the handles not be made any smaller. For myself, any potential aesthetic improvement would be more than offset by the less hand filling handle.

Wow! Amazing generosity and wonderful prizes. I really don't have any proper fixed blades (apart from a beat-up Mora 511) so these would amazing additions, both as users and as showpieces.
The Beer Scout looks good and I am missing such a pattern in my collection, but wow, the fixed blades are awesome.

Thank you again for the chance and congratulations on your skill.

Back