Maxpedition Bottle holder kit, review and pics

^ noice! glad to see one of my favorite threads revived :) I agree this is still the best thing for hikes, hunts and general woodsbumming.
Packed right it holds about all you need. Reminds me of deer hunts of my youth when the old thermos ruled and everything else was carried in the game pocket of your coat.

Just to check

A 10" x 4" will hold a Klean Kanteen 40 oz
Correct?
How much extra space will I have?

Thanks

Just to check

A 10" x 4" will hold a Klean Kanteen 40 oz
Correct?
How much extra space will I have?

Thanks

Maxpedition 10X4

40oz Kleen Kanteen (wide mouth) with GSI cup nested underneath:

IMG_4023.jpg

40oz Kleen Kanteen with cup sitting on top:

IMG_4024.jpg

Both ways allow you to close the top easily, but don't allow a lot of room for much else.

CCMI,

Excellent
Could not have asked for a better reply

Thank You!

I have to see if an alcahol stove will fit over the top of my bottle

Bumped for the greater good. Haha.

I love this thread. Finally coming around to buying one. I like the idea of hiking with a small kit alone, but this will also attach to my Condor 2, my go to fishing bag.

Had a question though. I made a nice little pocket kit that fits in a Bill's urban wallet. I was wondering if it would fit in the front pocket of the 10 x 4. I went through all 26 pages and didn't really find a good pic of front pocket filled with stuff. I don't have the wallet with me, but I think it is right around 4". Bill's site does not list measurements.

So what do you think? Is the pocket 4" wide as well or smaller?

Hope it works now

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339787604166.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339787604166.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 63
Sideways is better than nothing I guess. It will definitely hold that bottle even full of rocks.

Here is a pic of the eagle claw that works in back of the pathfinder that does not

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339788350097.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339788350097.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Has anyone used the Pathfinder Bottle holder?
It is less expensive than the Maxpedition

Tixx, that is a great idea using a jaw spreader!

Glad to see this thread still active. Had my bottle kit out on a 103 F hike yesterday. I took the bulky side pouches off and just ran my phone pouch and a dump pouch. My bottle holder is a Tad Round Pouch and the strap is off my EMDOM TNT Bag.

SPDFBO066.jpg

I use paracord and a carabiner wrapped around and clipped to my front belt loop to keep the bottle pouch in one spot.

SPDFBO079.jpg

Works well.

SPDFBO078.jpg

Last edited:
Just ordered the Pathfinder Bottle bottle holder

Will review it when it arrives in a couple of weeks

Its looks like you used straps with snaps to attach the barnacles. What are they and where do you get them?

Here's my pouch with the Maxpedition Barnacles attached-

BottlePouch001.jpg

Here's what I have in there so far-

-Nalgene water bottle
-Stainless steel cup
-Survival bandana
-Military issue space blanket
-Signal mirror
-Large Fire Steel with whistle on the lanyard
-Spark Light fire starter
-Cotton tinder
-County Comm mini pry bar
-20 feet of parachute cord
-Small roll of Duct Tape
-Spool of stainless steel snare wire
-Pocket Pal knife sharpener
-Folding Titanium spork

I still need to add some water purification tablets, a compass and some other small stuff but so far it's pretty good.

Could or would you elaborate on your stove setup there? Thanks
here's my latest set-up.....got pretty much all I need for 1 day hike...if not more.
Like someone wise said, always have anything you need to make a tea in the wilderness, and you'll be fine if you have to spend the night...
IMG00281-20110209-1207.jpg

and the tools.
not pictured (but inside the cocoon pouches):
-30'+ 550 paracord
-basic first aid
-rain poncho
-survival blanket

IMG_0468.jpg

I've been carrying this set-up for more than a year.
I find it can wear your shoulder down after few hours of hike, so I attach it to my belt sometimes, for more comfort, in conjunction with shoulder carry. Still one of my favorites set-ups...

Just found a local maxpedition dealer and bumping this awesome thread. He has an orange Jumbo on sale but I want to build up a kit like this, maybe order a cocoon or a pocket organizer to go with it. Think I have a guitar strap kicking around to save a few bucks with too. Already have a million ideas running through my head, will post pics eventually.
Awesome kits everybody!

Back