Microtech's ship w/religious info??

Status
Not open for further replies.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The reason I added the "Rosie" comment is because she is anti-gun, which means she is probably anti-knife and anti-self defense, I would then consider that stupid and hypocritical that a company like Microtech would support that. [/B]</font>

Don, Funny that we both mentioned her, I didn't read your first post before writing mine.

I mentioned her for the same reasons, and because I personally can't stand her, she epitomizes some of the major things that are wrong with this country.

Personal freedom vs Rosie .... is there a trend here???
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by cpirtle (edited 04-28-2001).]

LOL! I thought I was the only one!

I brought this up at the Emerson chat the other night and no one had seen the comics. I thought Tony and Al were F'n with me, implying I needed more Churchin' or some thing.
biggrin.gif

Hey, I read all three of the ones I got so far:

Big Daddy?
A Love Story
Flight 144

And actually, I kind of enjoyed them. If you have others that you don't want, email me and send 'em my way.
biggrin.gif

You guys ever hear the line, "It is a sign of increasing maturity to recognize that the dial also turns to the left"?

OK, it originally referred to teenagers' stereos. But I think a few of you have your sensitivity set too high.

A few times, I was walking around New York City, and had someone come up to me to ask if I was a Christian. Once, someone came over and asked if I was a Jew. (Yes, but none of his business.)

I didn't mind any of them, low-key, polite, and when I said, no, no thanks, not interested, they wished me a nice day and went looking for another new friend.

A piece of paper? A little religious comic? Packed with a soul-sucking super-slasher manufactured by a microscopically perfect high-technology company?

Whoever sent it, meant you no harm. It wouldn't hurt you to read it, or to ignore it, or to cut it up to test that edge, or not even to notice it.

LIGHTEN UP !!!

((just once i'm gonna post with highlighting or urls or whatever without having to edit to get it right))

[This message has been edited by Esav Benyamin (edited 04-28-2001).]

If anyone knows for sure if this is a Microtech company policy "PLEASE" let me know...................

If it is, I'll be adding a lot more of them to my collection!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is kind of 'comically sad' to me that in our 'sick' society of almost anything goes that the mere mention of GOD (the ONE and ONLY), who made all that is (including us); shakes some people up so much.

Seems to me we've got it all kinda backwards.......some are
confused.gif

Oh yeah, if I'm not mistaken; BUCK Knives has been 'endorsing' GOD for years. More power to them and anyone else who does.

Just my dollars worth.....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif

------------------
teacher

Chick tracts are pretty good. Hey if something is in the box you don't like, throw it away. Ever order something from Smokey Mountain Knifeworks and get all those postcard advertisements in the box with your packing slip? Lots of companies have extra papers or circulars packed in shipments. If you don't want to read them, trash them. What is the big deal?

You guys, don't get all twisted out of shape over what I am going to say...

I see a couple guys get offended because there was religious material supplied by a Third Party in the illegal knife they received because enforcement of some laws are lax.

"How dare you send me some sort of religious information while I am illegally purchasing a knife!"

I'm not going any further, this is ludicrous and people need to grow up and simply just let people be people.

------------------
"You are no more armed because you are wearing a pistol than you are a musician because you own a guitar." ~Jeff Cooper
And the same goes for a knife...
And, I'm a Usual Suspect.

Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline. It's the end of the world as we know it...and I feel fine. ~Stipe

First off the Religious Material was put in there by MT, not some mysterious third party.

Secondly, in some states these knives ARE legal to carry and in MOST states legal to own. SO get off your high horse there about "Illegal" Knives.

------------------
Marc

So, whats your favorite tract? Mine is the Flight 711.

#1 What if the purchaser buys from a dealer within his state?

#2 Just cause its a Microtech its not always a automatic AKA "Switchblade".

On the other hand, you are absolutely correct. It really should not be that big of an offense. Its not like its promoting NAMBLA.

I'd like to see some NRA literature in the boxes.

------------------
S4Supply.com

[This message has been edited by Frank Castle (edited 04-28-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lomic:
First off the Religious Material was put in there by MT, not some mysterious third party.

Secondly, in some states these knives ARE legal to carry and in MOST states legal to own. SO get off your high horse there about "Illegal" Knives.

</font>

First of all, I don't care if Microtech puts religious materials in their package with the knife. Anymore than I "care" that someone quotes scripture in their Signature at BFC. I don't see this as "shoving religion down the Customer's throat," as one Forumite suggested, and if you think that is similar to The Inquisition or The Crusades, you're off your onion friend.

Furthermore, technically speaking, there are very few people outside of Florida who can legally own a Microtech Switchblade. For purposes of this conversation, we will not utilize the "kinder, gentler" term, "Automatic."

Just as there are very few people outside of Oregon who can legally own a Benchmade Switchblade.

You're simply ignorant of the law.

I might be on a "high horse," but my horse is at least correct. Would you like me to quote Maryland Law to you?

------------------
"You are no more armed because you are wearing a pistol than you are a musician because you own a guitar." ~Jeff Cooper
And the same goes for a knife...
And, I'm a Usual Suspect.

Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline. It's the end of the world as we know it...and I feel fine. ~Stipe

I can just see it now on the Sale or Trade forums: "Microtech, NIB, complete with Jesus comic".

------------------
GronK
Just 'cause yer paranoid don't mean someone ain't out to get ya!

I apologize. I have no interest in knives and should not be here. Please disregard this as trolling.
------------------

[This message has been edited by salad girl (edited 04-28-2001).]

Gotta add to the discussion. I've been reading a book by Milton Friedman (great conservative economist), and one of his main points is that we have to judge issues in the GENERAL, not the SPECIFIC. IE, if we were to judge the issue of the right to bear arms on individual, specific cases, no doubt we would soon be only allowing "reasonable, normal people" to carry, and rejecting people we suspect to be "unbalanced or weird". Fortunately we don't do that. We allow everyone to bear arms (ok, there are restrictions but you get my point).
It's the same thing with free speech. If we pick and choose when free speech is appropriate, then we will lose all free speech. We have to look at the general issue - is free speech good? We see, yes, it is, so even in a case like this where some of you are offended, you have to remember that you are not being forced to buy Microtech knives, you are not being forced to read the pamphlets, nor are you being forced to agree with the opinions contained therein. Personally, I prefer freedom, so I'll just do my best to ignore the stuff that offends me, and keep going.
BTW - I am not offended by the stuff Microtech puts in there - I am a Believer. If the stories about that employee are true, then I'll say the guy has guts for putting the Good Work before everything else.

Gotta add one more thing. Salad girl, I don't know if you're just purposely trying to be provacative or what, but since you asked, yes I do ignore it. I recognized your link, remembered that I was "offended" by the content contained therein, and made a purposeful decision to NOT click on the link. That's all there is to it. I don't see what your point is.

If MicroTech's still a private company its their buisness if they want to include religous material as long as their not harming anyone.For years Buck has openly put their Christian beliefs on material with their knives.Whats the big deal?Buck admits they would'nt be the large company they are if it was'nt for God.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mgeoffriau:
Gotta add one more thing. Salad girl, I don't know if you're just purposely trying to be provacative or what, but since you asked, yes I do ignore it. I recognized your link, remembered that I was "offended" by the content contained therein, and made a purposeful decision to NOT click on the link. That's all there is to it. I don't see what your point is.</font>
Yes I am trying to be provacative. And as evidence by the post above you did not ignore it. If you are going to ignore, then don't post whining to me about remembering that you were offended by that link. ignore it like you said. Ignore this post too.

Whoa, I think somebody needs to get a grip. First of all, I don't think that explaining my point of view in the course of discussion is the same as "whining to me about remembering that you were offended ". If I, for instance, came across a post in the community forum with that link, I would simply ignore it. I would not post complaining to anyone, nor would I resort to illogical invalid arguments. The fact is I did ignore the link. Did I ask to to remove the link? Did I condemn you for posting that link? No. If you want to know, believe me, I can very readily express my opinion about that website, but I chose not too. Most of us here are capable of having an interesting and passionate discussion without attacking each other personally or insulting others.

BTW Nice try with the "Ignore this post too.", but that's really an unneeded sentiment here. We ARE discussing this issue. We ARE acknowledging these ideas. That's the whole point, we are all discussing our opinions about how one should act when confronted with something "offensive".

[This message has been edited by mgeoffriau (edited 04-28-2001).]

If you were walkin' along on the sidewalk and noticed what looked like a dollar bill on the side of the road you'd stop to pick it up, but upon closer inspection you see that instead of Lincoln's picture it is Jesus; the bill turns out to be from Vacation Bible School (VBS) for little kids at the church across the street. Some of you would just throw it back on the ground, some would throw it in the trash can, and some would keep it. That is exactly how you should handle a tract that came in a knife box, either keep it, throw it on the ground, throw it away, or do as Clay does and use it as toilet paper. It's not going to kill you to touch it long enough to throw it away, of course it wouldn't kill you to read it but that's a whole other discussion.

------------------
Cameron

"And shepards we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, so we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be, En Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti"
A few of my balisongs
My ClubPhoto albums

Dear'salad gril' sorry..'girl'????,

Thank you for the opportuinity to ignore you, it will be a pleasure. ..
smile.gif

If and when you ever grow up and become 'lettuce lady', it will be a pleasure to ignore you then also. ....
tongue.gif

Thank you bunches for giving me this golden opportunity.
biggrin.gif

Sincerely,

------------------
teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back