Millie Ti w/ CQI on sale heads up

No more red lok tite, new CQI Millies available, and I see frankenmillies on my horizon!

Those Ti millies have the CQI????
Call it Spyderco’s poster child for their commitment to C.Q.I. - Constant Quality Improvement

I’m guessing OP was excited about the RIL?
I have never owned a framelock Millie but I have always wanted to, it might not be a bad idea to snag one before they are gone. Does anyone know (I searched) if any forum members have had fit/lock up issues swapping non framelock Millie blades on to the titanium frame?

Those Ti millies have the CQI????
True according to KC and their photo clearly shows it has the CQI's. My fluted Ti is the old small lanyard hole without CQI's and the photo at KC of the fluted Ti shows the small lanyard hole, etc.

C36TIPa.jpg

SP36TIFPd.jpg

Last edited:
Call it Spyderco’s poster child for their commitment to C.Q.I. - Constant Quality Improvement

I’m guessing OP was excited about the RIL?
I have never owned a framelock Millie but I have always wanted to, it might not be a bad idea to snag one before they are gone. Does anyone know (I searched) if any forum members have had fit/lock up issues swapping non framelock Millie blades on to the titanium frame?

I switched a black blade from a G10 millie with the blade from a Ti Military with no problems on either handle after the switch. The black blade and black clip looks awesome on the Ti handle

True according to KC and their photo clearly shows it has the CQI's. My fluted Ti is the old small lanyard hole without CQI's and the photo at KC of the fluted Ti shows the small lanyard hole, etc.

C36TIPa.jpg

SP36TIFPd.jpg
The lanyard hole isn’t an issue for me with a tip down only folder, aside from the red locktite and clip are there any other big changes made?

So do they have CQI on the fluted?

Also have all the camo DLC and black DLC versions been updated?

I did a little more searching but would like the opinion from the guys here, is there a significant improvement in the action of Millie’s with CQI compared to the older version? Is it worth the wait and extra $60 for a newer fluted version?

What is CQI ?
Constant Qaulity Improvement
“Our purpose in improvements to a model are to refine and create a better, safer, more functional tool. When we learn a better process or customers point out potential improvements, these are added.

We like to think of it more as "evolution" of a pattern. If you are not using the old knife, a new one will serve no purpose.

Most of the refinements are small, but serve a function. occassionally, we make a larger improvememnt.

Industrially, it would be called CQI or "Constant Quality Improvement".

When we want to create the "newest, latest and greatest", we design a totally new patttern like the ATR, Salsa, Temperance or Meerkat.

sal”

I did a little more searching but would like the opinion from the guys here, is there a significant improvement in the action of Millie’s with CQI compared to the older version? Is it worth the wait and extra $60 for a newer fluted version?

I have only three: dlc/digicam s30v, full ti, and kw exclusive cts204p with cqi. I cannot tell the difference in terms of action and quality. They are all great. I will not pay $60 just for cqi. $20 more? maybe.

I have a wide range of Military versions going back to the late 1990s, and several with the latest tweaks. Has the Military gotten better? No question. $60 better on a $190 knife? YMMV, but I'd say no.

Back