Millie Ti w/ CQI on sale heads up

Just called and they said the regular Ti millies seem to be the newer ones with larger lanyard holes, forgot to ask about the fluted

Man I'm having an internal struggle now. Do I get a Ti, a blue/S90v, or hunt my old orange? I already have a 204p and love it but would love another

Man I'm having an internal struggle now. Do I get a Ti, a blue/S90v, or hunt my old orange? I already have a 204p and love it but would love another

Been thinking about this too. I have S110V. Was thinking either plain ti or get the KW S90V/ti/CF on Black Friday when there's a decent chance it'll be discounted like it was over Labor Day.

If you dont have one, the recent KW S90v/cf/ti sprint is pretty damned awesome

If you get a response [from BHQ] will you give us an update on this thread?

They equivocated a little:

"Thank you for your email. Looking at our stock of the Spyderco, it looks like we received this last shipment, at the beginning of this month. So I would guess that this is the latest version, but unfortunately I don’t have a more past version to compare side to side. If the new ones came out just recently, then these are probably them."

True according to KC and their photo clearly shows it has the CQI's. My fluted Ti is the old small lanyard hole without CQI's and the photo at KC of the fluted Ti shows the small lanyard hole, etc.

C36TIPa.jpg

SP36TIFPd.jpg

Body screws look smaller too. Also look at the pivot. The new one seems to have a pivot where one side doesn't spin.

They equivocated a little:

"Thank you for your email. Looking at our stock of the Spyderco, it looks like we received this last shipment, at the beginning of this month. So I would guess that this is the latest version, but unfortunately I don’t have a more past version to compare side to side. If the new ones came out just recently, then these are probably them."

Nah guy, that is mad lazy.

They can't call up or e-mail Spyderco and find out if they have the latest shipment?

Actually maybe you could contact Spyderco and ask then if BHQ has recieved the CQI versions yet.

I got 2 of the fluted versions at $219 each, they had large lanyard hole. What else did the OP want to know?
Oh there’s a pivot screw rather than a pin as well

Last edited:
I like the contouring of the fluted scales but I don't like the fluting itself.

I don’t like how the fluting practically disappears by the thumb. Is the tighe at $179 or the Southard flipper at $229 a better value? They are much more premium steels with more or less similar handle materials

Back