Millie Ti w/ CQI on sale heads up

I don’t like how the fluting practically disappears by the thumb. Is the tighe at $179 or the Southard flipper at $229 a better value? They are much more premium steels with more or less similar handle materials

I don't think they're a better value. The Millie in any configuration makes a great user. In Ti you get an extra cool factor (and added weight).
Southard is a great knife too. The Tighe is a show piece but the hump for the Spydie hole is too large for my liking.

I don’t like how the fluting practically disappears by the thumb. Is the tighe at $179 or the Southard flipper at $229 a better value? They are much more premium steels with more or less similar handle materials

The Southard is way smaller than the Millie though. Not sure about the Tighe.

Does anyone know where these fluted Ti Millies are made? Golden or Taichung?

They're made in Golden like the other Millies. Same with the fluted Native 5.

I wonder if the fluted Titanium scales are done in Golden as well. It would be cheaper to do it in Taiwan, then ship and assemble them here. It does say Golden on the blade, so it wouldn’t be against regulations, would it? Flytanium replacement scales are listed as made in China

Anyone does anodization of the fluted Ti Millie, like making it similar to the ones that Spyderco decided a long time ago no longer to manufacture? This should not be so difficult to do, correct?

Anyone does anodization of the fluted Ti Millie, like making it similar to the ones that Spyderco decided a long time ago no longer to manufacture? This should not be so difficult to do, correct?

Do you have a pair of pliers and a blow torch?

I received a Ti Millie from BHQ and it was the old version. Sending it back.

I forgot the mandatory picture of proof! TI also shown with the free M4 Millie that comes with the purchase of a Squarehead!

sqrdreV.jpg

I forgot the mandatory picture of proof! TI also shown with the free M4 Millie that comes with the purchase of a Squarehead!

sqrdreV.jpg
I picked up the M4 with a square head last week, it’s a sweet deal! The best tool is the one at hand and I wear a Squarehead on my badge lanyard every day I work :thumbsup:

^^^That Newer CQI Standard handle Ti R.I.L. Military is a really good looking knife & at ~$189, It's a good deal IMO. Both versions are a good deal.

Back