Mod'ing The CS Trail Hawk

Let me tell you about problems.....

I'm $165 short for ordering my Rodgers Rangers from Bear Mt.

Hays wont have the Next Gen in stock until October.

The ATC CQT_C only has a 13 3/4 handle and I will have to try and order a Custom with a 16-18.

My check to H&B has not cleared for my Shawnee and Medieval Spike and my card hasn't been charged for my Minuet Man from Bear Mt. so they probably haven't shipped yet.

The Franciscans I ordered from Knife Center ar'nt due in until tomorrow.

I split the handle on one of the Rifleman's with the other and forgot to order a new handle before I went on this binge and spent my allowance for the next....I will be a long time before Ms. G.S lets me near the computer with a credit card.

I don't have a problem I can quit any time I want......

As for paint, I've been happy with high temp grill pant on my machetes and yard tools. My hawk is blued though.

Brown just dropped off my box from H&B. The Medieval Spike throws like a champ, Hits like a truck and looks way cool. I hit a pine round I use for knife throwing with the spike and it sunk to the top of the flair.

See no problem.

Now were is a Zombie when you need one?

Brown just dropped off my box from H&B. The Medieval Spike throws like a champ, Hits like a truck and looks way cool. I hit a pine round I use for knife throwing with the spike and it sunk to the top of the flair.

See no problem.

Now were is a Zombie when you need one?

good work on the problem, brother 'snob!

don't worry about the current zombie shortage, ...they will be everywhere during the next election.

(wink!)

vec

don't worry about the current zombie shortage, ...they will be everywhere during the next election.

Now there are some Talking Heads that need a good 'HAWKING'. :eek::cool::thumbup::D

Remember: Never trust anyone willing to pay multi millions for a six figure job, there up to no good!;)

H&B really came threw, both tools are outstanding! Looking forward to a few days to 'make them mine' as it were. There on the list for mods after several others, so its time to break them in real good. That is the real reason behind the sudden serge in my collection, looking for the right fit, the one.

As much as I like the Mall ninja sheik of the Uber tacticals there is some thing down to earth wholesome about a sharp piece of steel on the end of a wooden stick.

Now there are some Talking Heads that need a good 'HAWKING'. :eek::cool::thumbup::D

Remember: Never trust anyone willing to pay multi millions for a six figure job, there up to no good!;)

H&B really came threw, both tools are outstanding! Looking forward to a few days to 'make them mine' as it were. There on the list for mods after several others, so its time to break them in real good. That is the real reason behind the sudden serge in my collection, looking for the right fit, the one.

As much as I like the Mall ninja sheik of the Uber tacticals there is some thing down to earth wholesome about a sharp piece of steel on the end of a wooden stick.

i hear that, brother...;

i am soundly impressed by H & B ...i would really like to make a faux wood composite handle for one of those that one could carve on and embellish with those tacks, etc.

i have been fooling around with pigments to look like woodgrain in teh composites i do ...still have a ways to go ...i want to get a rosewood effect ...and a burl....

....just like wood ...only i can run my truck over it.

i think that would be kind of nice.

best of both worlds.

vec

Praise the Lord and pass the Bruks Axe Diamond...the Trailhawk heads are finally in the mail to Mr. Parker I. Zing. :)

Unsub,

Whilst flipping through your Photobucket pictures, I saw (I think) my next knife purchase. How do you like your SS4? I really like the idea of the INFI, and the shape looks like it would make an excellent user.

The only thing I'm concerned about is rusting. I have no interest in having to constantly put oil on my blades, or worry about them getting wet. I currently have only knives made from stainless (S30V, VG10, AUS-8, etc.), or D2, which is very nearly stainless. Your thoughts on the SS4 would be much appreciated.

A couple shots of my Cold Steel Trail Hawk, just for fun....

As mentioned before, Trail Hawk heads have been shipped out to Mr. Parker I. Zing who's been busy grinding and shaping and documenting his progress. Here's a teaser from Mr. Zing ;) ...

I took a 'chainsaw' file to the top and bottom of the eyelet for the handle. Just enough on the bottom to remove any burs that will scar the handle during assembly. The top I 'Break the edge' with a slight bevel so it won't cut in to the handle. About a 15-20 deg. angle, not very deep. I hit it with the Crytex lightly to smooth.

Fact is, he's doing such a great job...I'm kinda feeling my haftage pales in comparison. Wooo Whooo!!!
image_353841.gif

thawk07.jpg

yea i can't wait for mine if sword depot every sends it has been 22 days and counting lol:jerkit:

CQ

Hope your as impressed when they are in hand.

I'm the parker formorly known as Mr. Zing.

Q. asked for help from a member with a project. I could help. I have taken loads of Info., entertainment and.... from the form so I jumped in.

Long story short, threw several E-mails we decided I would receive 5 trail hawk heads from Q. 3 to park, 1 to Express blue and one with a stained and sealed handle for me.

I spent a few evenings prepping the heads for the finish and got them parked last weekend. I hope to buff the hammer face and put a bit of an edge back on them in the next evening or 2 and have them in the mail home the next day.

I pressed the head on the handle Q. sent and if the rest of the handles are as well done there should be some nice hawks floating around.

The bluing will have to wait for the weekend. Sorry for the delay, it is shaping in to a long week at the job. My Illegals are showing out and I got to fire the ring leader in the morning. I never thought I would miss working with drunk/doped up/unreliable American Drywallers.

yea i know thats were i order all my knives thought i would try sword depot was 5 dollars cheaper but not worth it btw just got it today so in total it only took 27 days witch i order fom all over canada by money order and it has never taken me more then 10 days total 4 there 2 processing and 4 back this took 27 days you do that math lol:eek::thumbdn:

Here's some more teaser images from GunSnob, or as I refer to him in my best New York accent, "Da Snobster!"

I added 2 more heads to the mix, both black hawks a large and small that belong to the wife. These are a little different style and much thicker than any of the CS line, to thick for throwing. These have been thin, smoothed and the edge re profiled.

Since I ended up with a total of 7 to park I used a little Jasco paint remover on them the night before to loosen the remaining finish. Stuff worked great on the CS heads but barely touched the Blackhawk finish.Don't know what they use for paint up north but it definitely works.

After scrubbing them down with a little dish soap to remove the softened paint I let them dry and bead blasted them before finale inspection.

thawk08.jpg

thawk09.jpg

yea i know thats were i order all my knives thought i would try sword depot was 5 dollars cheaper but not worth it btw just got it today so in total it only took 27 days witch i order fom all over canada by money order and it has never taken me more then 10 days total 4 there 2 processing and 4 back this took 27 days you do that math lol:eek::thumbdn:

Great minds think alike.I just ordered mine form sworddepot.They report that they had some flooding at their store so they're delayed.I have 3 other hawks so I can bear the wait.It should be here by the middle of next month then let the modding begin!

You guys are killin' me. I stayed away for a few months, then thought I'd just take a quick look-see, now I am ordering a CS hawk to modify like all y'all.

Hi, my name's rick and I am a tomohawkaholic

Back