• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mods, Regrinds, Cerakote, and Sharpening

When you cerakote a blade, how does it effect the action? How does it wear at the pivot?

Here's the awesome regrind/renovation Josh did on an old Strider DB I still had laying around. Great work all around!
StriderDB.jpg

When you cerakote a blade, how does it effect the action? How does it wear at the pivot?

It doesn't affect the action since I mask off the pivot area, detent track (when possible) and the lock faces :)

Some recent work! Been slammed but thankful for the work!

IMG_20161011_201257-X3.jpg

9E3815C3-A50C-4E4D-A77F-8E400BEBD5DD-X2.jpg
IMG_20161123_151711-X2.jpg
IMG_20161203_151851-X2.jpg
IMG_20161202_165541-X2.jpg
IMG_20161203_114152-X2.jpg
IMG_20161203_120057-X2.jpg
IMG_20161117_154317-X2.jpg

Have a drop point mini grip that has a combo edge, would you be able to get rid of the serrations and do like a compound grind?

Have a drop point mini grip that has a combo edge, would you be able to get rid of the serrations and do like a compound grind?

Yes but keep in mind that you will lose some blade width (from spine to edge) as the edge will have to be brought up to approximately the half-way point of the serrations so the edge is centered after the regrind...

It's probably been asked dozens of times already but, what would be the best way to contact you before mailing in?

ESEE 4 Stainless Before.....

attachment.php

And After

attachment.php

Beautiful Work - Another Happy Customer :)

More awesome work Josh, took me a while this morning to figure out which one to carry.. Ended up with this one. :) (Josh fixed the tip on it along with another one and reground the Sebbie above for me. Stellar work as always..)

Strider_Blk_Cuscadi-Messer_S110V_SMFs_003.jpg

Thanks my friend! Awesome strider btw, love the scale work!

Hey, have you done an 0452 before? Regrind specifically. I'm highly considering it with the one I just got. Great knife but needs to be thinner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hey, have you done an 0452 before? Regrind specifically. I'm highly considering it with the one I just got. Great knife but needs to be thinner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

For some reason I don't always get notified of the replies to this thread recently so you will have to forgive me for the late response... you or anyone else who needs me can always reach out via email, text, or pm if you need a quicker answer =) That being out of the way...

Yes I have done 0450's and 0452's before, unfortunately I don't have any pics atm. The regrind is very beneficial on most ZT's though because not only are they semi thick, but the plunge line always makes the edge look jacked up at the heel of the blade - which will be fixed during the grind.

Thanks for the question!

Back