• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mods, Regrinds, Cerakote, and Sharpening

I just wanted to add a comment on Josh's work. I just bought a small knife from the knifemaker's market, I could not get this thing sharp regardless of what I tried, probably a combo of the steel and chisel grind. I discussed my options with Josh over email and phone calls, mailed it to him and less than a week later I have a scalpel that would make a surgeon smile. Thank you very much Josh, I will definitely be sending more of my "difficult" knives in without hesitation.

Thanks so much Ray! Enjoy ;)

Just got a few knives back from Josh. His work is absolutely top notch. I never thought the Medford would pass through thin notebook paper as easily as it does now. The ZT0801 looks so awesome with the 15DPS bevel and it cuts better than I ever expected . I highly recommend Josh's work. His customer service is top notch as well. He always answers my emails quickly and his turnaround time is more than reasonable.

Also pictured is an XM-18 I had Josh do a regrind and blackout job on. Three very different knives and they all have far exceeded my expectation.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Dan! Hope you enjoy those things!

Here's a little bit of recent work, having fun every day!

PM2 at 13 dps w/ a 15 dps microbevel
IMG_20160805_130255-X2.jpg

pm2_1.jpg

pm2.jpg

Curtiss F3 with a 600 grit hollow grind

IMG_20160806_105556-X2.jpg

IMG_20160806_110118-X2.jpg

Just got my XM-18 back from Josh. He is a true professional. So this is my XM-18 3.5 spear point hollow ground about .009" thick 15 dps with a 220 grit finish. It really likes to cut now. Thanks Josh I will definitely be using your service again. Can't add feedback from this post but I would have to say Josh is a true master of his craft

Last edited:
Just received my ZT back from Josh and am simply blown away. His grinds are perfectly executed and he has an eye for the smallest detail. I had a few ideas of what I wanted, but basically gave him "artistic freedom" for the project. I had very high hopes, and what I got in the mail today far exceeded them.
Absolutely amazing level of craftsmanship.
-Paul

Just received 2 vintage balisongs back from Josh for sharpening service...awesome work, laser sharp :D
Always a top notch prof job...Thanks again for rounding out my refinishing project!!

Last edited:
Here's my 301 that Josh transformed for me. Full-on regrind: dropped the point, removed the recurve, blended the thumb ramp, and thinned the blade making it one helluva slicer. G10 scale coated with "sniper grey" cerakote.
The lighter blade flips open much faster than it did before the grind.
Could NOT be happier with this one!!!
100_4490_zpsqkpk60ky.jpg

100_4484_zpsc4xefnky.jpg

100_4496_zps5ynlidg5.jpg

Hey guys thanks for chiming in my thread and I am very pleased that you are happy w/ the outcome! :)

Hey there Josh, I shot you an email last Friday and haven't gotten a reply, do you prefer phone/text? Maybe my email didn't go through?

Thanks.

Hey there Josh, I shot you an email last Friday and haven't gotten a reply, do you prefer phone/text? Maybe my email didn't go through?

Thanks.

Hmmm... I catch up on emails pretty much every night and am all caught up to date... shoot me a pm or text 864-810-0656

I just saw this thread and I feel a bit guilty for not posting in it earlier. I put this in the Benchmade forum when I got it back. Josh did this Benchmade Adamas for me recently. The knife came out better than I expected it would. Along with everyone else that has already posted, I can't say enough about Josh's quality of work and professionalism. I couldn't be happier with this knife.

20160827_071448_zpswvhzulrs.jpg

20160827_071427_zpsrafn48jm.jpg

20160827_071411_zpsvrrhzvta.jpg

20160827_071750_zpsglsspzx7.jpg

I just saw this thread and I feel a bit guilty for not posting in it earlier. I put this in the Benchmade forum when I got it back. Josh did this Benchmade Adamas for me recently. The knife came out better than I expected it would. Along with everyone else that has already posted, I can't say enough about Josh's quality of work and professionalism. I couldn't be happier with this knife.

Nice pics, thanks bud =)

Glad you like it bud, looking forward to taking care of the edges on those knives you made, and checking out your work! ;)

Little bit of recent work...

Got a Hinderer XM18 spear point in the owner wanted sterilized/hand-rubbed flats w/ a compound grind taken to 600 grit. Then mirror polished the edge at 15 dps.

IMG_20160909_150721-X2.jpg

IMG_20160909_145536-X2.jpg

And another Hinderer... harpoon w/ a deep hollow main grind!

IMG_20160910_175614-X2.jpg

Spyderco Nirvana w/ hand-rubbed flats and 220 grit finish...

IMG_20160909_091921-X2.jpg

And another Nirvana converted to a 600 grit FFG and buffed =)

IMG_20160901_160132-X2.jpg

And here's a Tom Brown Tracker reground to 220!

IMG_20160902_141322-X2.jpg

Got an idea in my head man, so that usually means trouble!

Sending you an email, let's see what you think...

Back