Monthly speculation thread - Released! Feb. BOTM

Daniel

Gold Member
I like everything about the February offering!

Blade steel: ☑️
Handle material: ☑️
Size: ☑️
Pricing: ☑️
Sufficient quantity offered: ☑️

I personally am glad that Buck is making enough for pretty much everyone to get one if they want it. Flippers are not happy!!

mbkr

Gold Member
I have the Maverick version of the Vantage from SK Blades so I'll pass on this one. If the natural canvas micarta is the same as that used on the Maverick, then its good stuff. Great feel and grip.

ohen cepel

Gold Member
Big Vantage fan so happy to see one. However, I don't like the plastic "tray" handle design. I'm sure they have a great reason to do it but I don't care for it so will pass.

Am glad to see them making more. Hope the people trying to flip them all the time choke on em.

Lesknife

Platinum Member
I just grabbed one late and I never got an email. Saw it on facebook. I’m a Vantage fan and this one is really sweet! I can rotate this one with my sk version in 20cv. I’m extremely happy the higher number of knives for the botm. Take that greedy flippers!

David Richardson

Gold Member
I bought one because I have a Vantage addiction. I'm sure it's a nice knife. I prefer the look of the SK Blades model that has full Micarta scales rather than the inserts into the black nylon. And the SK has 20CV. Nothing wrong with A35, but I already have an S35 Vantage. I would have preferred something new for the Vantage, like 154CM or S90V.

I know, I know... we get a great knife and always ask for more. Thanks to Buck for the nice looking Vantage BOTM. I'm eager to try it.

Fixall

Gold Member
Platinum Member
Man... I really want to love the Vantage, but I've never received one with an action that I found acceptable and always end up passing them along. Too bad, cause this BotM really looks great!

The Buck Legacy 102 and 55 can't get here soon enough. I haven't picked up a Buck since SK had the 104 Frontier on sale for $100 during Black Friday... In fact, this is the longest Buck drought I've had in three years. :(

Makael

Books temporarily closed on sheath orders.
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

I personally am glad that Buck is making enough for pretty much everyone to get one if they want it. Flippers are not happy!!
Its a good looking knife.

Makael

Well see about flippers if any extras make it on the bay. Depends on the source, depends on the price. Ive seen a whole lot of limited run 119s sold since Dec Xmas sale that were a limited purchase or didnt even make it to the sale tables before showing up online from a non dealer. Factory blems can be purchased and sold.

Lesknife

Platinum Member
Some guys say they have difficulty flipping the blade open on the Vantage models. Sure they’re not autos or assisted but I find them easier than a thumb stud. At first I had a bit of a problem getting them to fire completely open but with practice I can deploy as quickly as an automatic. Some things take some skill to function properly and practice is the best way to develop skills.

Makael

Some guys say they have difficulty flipping the blade open on the Vantage models. Sure they’re not autos or assisted but I find them easier than a thumb stud. At first I had a bit of a problem getting them to fire completely open but with practice I can deploy as quickly as an automatic. Some things take some skill to function properly and practice is the best way to develop skills.
Some are easier to flip than others. I like early lockup as breaking the action in helps the lock up take a set.

Lesknife

Platinum Member
I haven’t received any confirmation from Buck yet about my order like I have in the past. Are they still emailing confirmation? I did get the PP receipt for the purchase at Buck knives but that’s it.