MOP Handles

I took some new photos last weekend of some mother of pearl handled knives. Please add yours to the thread.
26-05027.jpg

26-05002.jpg

26-05029.jpg

26-05034.jpg

26-05050.jpg

I was just thinking, it's about time for s-k to start another interesting thread with some drop dead fine old knives. I don't know why, but the first thing that came to my mind when I saw these was:

GETCHA MUDDA UH PUHEAL!... GETCHA MUDDA UH PUHEAL HEAH!!!
(for the full effect, you have to say that with the best East coast ballpark vendor accent you can muster) :D

Sick, I know.:eek:

Hope you don't mind me adding these to the mix...
RBose Stockman
rbose-mopcongress5.jpg

TBose Toenail
tbosemopropeknife3.jpg

From Murray Sterling a 2-blade-Onehand-Folder - without engraving and with engraving - Sorry. is not a tradional one !

As usual my pal Smiling-Knife comes up with quite a grand thread!.

Hey there everyone, Great Mother of Pearls!. Here are a few of me vintage Fight'n Roosters..

000_0804.jpg

000_0658.jpg

I don't know why, but the first thing that came to my mind when I saw these was:

GETCHA MUDDA UH PUHEAL!... GETCHA MUDDA UH PUHEAL HEAH!!!
(for the full effect, you have to say that with the best East coast ballpark vendor accent you can muster) :D

Sick, I know.:eek:

Kerry, that's properly pronounced "poyul" like putting a "p" before the stuff put in your engine crankcase. :p :cool: :thumbup:

Great pix, by the way. Though I'm not much of a pearl (or poyul) maven, I can certainly appreciate its beauty.

This is one of my favorites, can't tell ya much about it other than what I thought was a coke spoon turned out to be an earpick.:barf:

lobby.jpg

Hey there everyone, Great Mother of Pearls!. Here are a few of me vintage Fight'n Roosters..

000_0804.jpg

000_0658.jpg
[/QUOTE]

WOW!! that is what came to mind when I saw those beauties. They really show that a knife is not only a tool, but a piece of art.

Thank you for showing them to us.

Sweet vintage pearls there TE & SK. Here is my all time favorite vintage mop. Some time ago I was told that this old Tree Brand slippy was circa turn of the century. I would sure appreciate a confirmation on that here if anyone knows for certain..

000_1167.jpg

000_1159.jpg

000_1161.jpg

000_1164.jpg

100_0375.jpg

100_0374.jpg

these pictures are posted in a couple other threads. I have the camera down here but the knives are back up north with my brother so I can't take new ones. MOP is a favorite handle material of mine esp. on small equal end knives.

pete

Hi sunnyd. That is a sweet knife. Goins lists H Boker & Co's Improved Cutlery 1869-1914. Does your knife have Germany marked underneath? In my opinion, your tree stamp looks most similar to the 1900 version in Goins. That's all I have for now.

To deviate slightly, sunnyd your marks look very similar to those on this knife which has reg mark 1907. I hope the photo it is adequate to make a comparison.
Nov11033-1.jpg

Hi sunnyd. That is a sweet knife. Goins lists H Boker & Co's Improved Cutlery 1869-1914. Does your knife have Germany marked underneath? In my opinion, your tree stamp looks most similar to the 1900 version in Goins. That's all I have for now.

No where is it marked Germany. And the picture of the Boker Tree brand pen knife without mop scales looks to be the same stamp. So what does that make it then?..

BTW, nice pearls Pete!

Well, 'Germany' would have ruled out pre 1891 but the absence of Germany is not really that helpful. My hypothesis based on the 1900 mark in Goins and the 1907 penknife would place your knife in that general time period. Sorry I can't be more definitive. Maybe someone much wiser than I in these matters will help us.

Well, 'Germany' would have ruled out pre 1891 but the absence of Germany is not really that helpful. My hypothesis based on the 1900 mark in Goins and the 1907 penknife would place your knife in that general time period. Sorry I can't be more definitive. Maybe someone much wiser than I in these matters will help us.

What??. There is no one wiser than you in this area sir!. And don't you ever forget it!!!!. ;)

You no I am very grateful for this information, don't you?. BTW, I am dealing with this chap in the UK right now as we speak.. I am going to call him on the tele.. Can you give me the time difference between here and there??. Please..

Back