MOP Handles

I certainly do know you are grateful and it is much appreciated. Thank-you.

Time difference between Florida and the UK is 5 hours.

Best wishes.

Here are a few more..
This is another Fight'n Rooster with scrim on the MOP..

000_1139.jpg

My daughters EDC..
000_1078.jpg

An old vintage bartenders knife mop..

000_1063.jpg

Bob Cargill Cripple Creek mop..

000_1005.jpg

Back on track... I really like those pearls and especially the bartender's knife. Here is one that I have.
CSKnives002.jpg

Back on track... I really like those pearls and especially the bartender's knife. Here is one that I have.
CSKnives002.jpg

S-K,
Now that is not fair, your Bartenders Knife is way nicer than mine!!.

Just messing with you bro,, BTW, what is that purpleish looking stone you have in between the MOP you have got there on the knife??.

Thanks sunnyd. That is just reflection. The bolsters and other metal pieces are German (nickel) silver.

Reflection or what not, it is just one gorgeous bartenders(or pub) knife you have their!!. Thanks.

Here is one that I like that I thought you may enjoy..

000_1046.jpg

A very enjoyable post folks, my eyes may never recover from the beauty..:thumbup: :)

Hope you don't mind if I add one. This one has some real nice color.
Great thread.

T.A.Davison

252AA.jpg

Now that is a beautiful pearl, fantastic..Mail that baby out to my post office box...:) I do hope that one day you will accept money orders from those of us who admire your work...Thanks for sharing the beauty with us..

Sunburst

Fantastic knife T.A. I really like the little mosaic (is that the right term?) pins. An extra touch of class on a gorgeous knife.

Since we are talking about a sea shells here :D I wanted to add a couple of Abalone handled knives. Here is a Schatt & Morgan Abalone Harness Jack with a Winchester Abalone Toenail plus a S&M Black Pearl to boot...

Sunburst

WinchesterAbaloneToenailfront1.jpg

AbaloneSMHJ1of1front.jpg

SMBlackPearlwhittler.jpg

This is the only MOP knife I have. It was in a little cardboard box of old knives that my dad gave me recently. It is a 2.75" Walden Knife Co. Senator(1870-1923). Too bad that the blades were broken at some time but someone cleverly re-profiled the blades.

WaldenKnifeCo-MOPSenator.jpg

Kerry - I only have two pearl handled knives, an LF&C and an Ellenville senator just like the one you showed, except mine has almost 100% blades. It is the only Ellenville that I have ever handled.

If what I read some time ago is correct, MOP may have practical value in addition to the aesthetics. MOP grips were used during the 19th Century on target revolvers because they did not become slippery in a sweaty hand, or so the author said. Perhaps someone can verify this one way or the other. I have only one small MOP pen knife so it's difficult to "test" what I have read. Regards, ss.

Back