Mora Sweden

Better pic of the #3....

Better%20pic%20Frosts%203_zpsdlwyowec.jpg

Both of these knives are marked: Frosts/Mora // Made in Sweden/Laminated Steel

Eric Frost (top) Frosts/Mora//Made in Sweden/Laminated Steel (bottom)

Both marked: Broderna Jonsson/Mora/Sweden
I don't know if the handle on the top knife is original. Any comments ?
The lower knife arrived very sharp and is used almost daily in my kitchen.

More Mora in next post.
kj

The top 2 knives are very similar, slight difference in blade grind. Upper one is marked Mora & lower one "Norse King/Made in Sweden". Bottom knife is Mora Made in Sweden, same markings as top knife. This one has a fuller on both sides which is more commonly seen on Finnish knives.

The top knife is more recently made "Morakniv/Made in Sweden/Carbon Steel".
Lower 2 are both marked "Mora" with a stylized "CA", but the stamps are not the same; likely different ages.

More Mora next post.
kj

Last edited:
Top knife is marked on blade flats on side not shown "GC & CC/Mora Sweden" Anyone know this marking ?
Middle: Broderna Jonsson
Bottom knife: "KI Stainless/Mora Sweden"

"F.M.MattssonAB/Mora/Sweden"

K.J.Eriksson/Mora/Sweden
K.J.Eriksson Mora

More Mora next post.
kj

All 3 are K.J.Eriksson

Top knife "Made in Sweden" S.E.Laszlo/Importer/New York N.Y."
Middle: "Edward Zinn/Sweden" (may not be from Mora ?)
Bottom knife: "Sweden/Orr & Lockett/Hdwe Co./Chicago"

Please help by adding any information you might know about any of these knives i have posted. I like these knives and any of them could be sharpened and used. The blades take a keen edge. However i know almost nothing of their background or even ages.
thanks, k.j.

What a great collection!!!!

The very first one is the little bro to my Laminated Hunter. The 4" version! Congrats!!
Mora%20Hunter%20From%20a%201960%20leaflet_zpslh5fsiro.jpg

The 2nd one is a Frosts Classic #3

In post #124, first pic, the top knife is a Carl Andersson Mora and it's pre '53....I think...Andersson closed his shop in 1953 or thereabouts.

Second pic in #124 , top knife is a recent (last 10+ years) Mora model 612. Then a couple of Carl Anderssons below it.

Post #125, second pic, F.M.Mattsson is pre '61. He closed in '61 and KJ Eriksson bought his facilities in 1962.

Lots of obscure makers in your collection!!! Congrats!!!! Lots of them look 20's-40's based on some of the bladestamps. I'll look for more ref links where we might ferret out some info! :thumbup:

Really good stuff KJ!!!!

Could have been better, and knowing me could definitely have been worse! The main thing is it looks to my eyes better then the red paint that came on it and was the hardest part in getting it off!

Thanks brian and SAK Guy! It was more challenging then my Opinels except one!

Last edited:
Wow KJ. Those are some real gems you have there. :eek:

I ordered a #1 and #2 yesterday afternoon and came home from work today to find them in the mailbox. Now that's a Firday treat :D
Just need to dig up some long skinny leather scraps and ready them for neck knife service.

Overall length 8 3/4". Someone has carved away part of the handle but it is still comfortable to hold. Only one i have seen of this Outer's type pattern.

What does "skidkniv" mean ? Was there a specific intended use for this knife ?
thanks, kj

I don't own any fixed blades at the moment but will probably pick up a mora whenever I do a online order. They seem very factory sharp and durable for the price. Will probably pick one up to throw in my fishing tackle box or in my glove box.

This is not a Mora knife. It is from Eskilstuna. I'm posting it here as it is at least from Sweden.

Was S.W.Dahlgren a well know knife maker ? Any information about this style of knife or this maker will be much appreciated.
thank you, kj

Back