Multiples of the same model?

JasonPaul

Gold Member
Spyderco Manix 2
Benchmade Griptilian
Chris Reeve Knives Inkosi (insingo being delivered Monday)
GEC 15 Barlow

These are my favorites from each maker. I have other knives but these seem to be constants in my rotation.

Anyone else favor one particular model from different companies?

20180929_150411-1612x1209.jpg 20180929_154804-1612x1209.jpg 20180929_154925-1512x2016.jpg 20180929_154623-2016x1512.jpg

These are my favorites from each maker..... [EDIT] Did not realize you were asking for multiples purchased from one particular maker.

FAVES FROM MAKERS:
- Zero Tolerance 0095 Sprint Run with Titanium Handles and Tan Coated CMP S90V Steel Blade Model 0095TANBLK
- KA-BAR BK21 Becker/Reinhardt Kukri Fixed 13.25" Black 1095 Blade, Nylon Handles
- Winkler Knives WK II Recon, with "Black Micarta" handles, handle treatment "Sculpted"
- Bradford Guardian 3, M390 - Black G-10 - False Edge - Stonewashed
- ESEE Knives Junglas Machete 10.38" Dark Earth Blade, Micarta Handles, Kydex Sheath
- Spartan Blades Horkos - Flat Black & Black Micarta Tactical Fixed Blade
- Medford Knife and Tool USMC Fighter
- Neill Schutte CUSTOM 8 inch dagger
- Les George Galvos Daggers CTS-XHP. (TWO) leather sheaths, (TWO) kydex sheaths.
- Emerson Tactical Kwaiken
- Hinderer 3.5 inch Fatty Harpoon Tanto
- Tops Knives - BladeOps Blackout - Special Ed Wild Pig Hunter
- Chris Reeve Knives Green Beret, 7 inch, DLC Coated
- Cold Steel Tai Pan, 3V
- Randall Made Knives CUSTOM Model 14 Attack Sawteeth / No Teeth," 7 inch O1 steel blade

MULTIPLES THAT I HAVE FROM A SINGLE MAKER
2 - Spyderco Yojimbo 2, CF, 20CV Blade
2 - Bradford Guardian 3, M390 - Black G-10 - False Edge - Stonewashed
2 - Zero Tolerance 0095 Sprint Run with Titanium Handles and Tan Coated CMP S90V Steel Blade Model 0095TANBLK
2 - Cold Steel, Code 4, Clip Point in CTS XHP
2 - RMJ Tactical Raider Dagger
2 - KA-BAR / EK - Jarosz boot knife
2 - Les George Galvos Daggers CTS-XHP. (TWO) leather sheaths, (TWO) kydex sheaths.
2 - Cold Steel Machete (TO HAVE THEIR EDGES DESTROYED AND USED FOR MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING)
4 - CRKT Columbia River 2010K Crawford Kasper Dragon Combat Knife 4.5"
2 - TOPS Knives Wild Pig Hunter, one in original color and one in blackout.

PROBABLY BUYING THE FOLLOWING MULTIPLES
2 - Benchmade 133 Fixed Infidel 4.52" D2 Satin Double Edge Dagger Blade, Black Aluminum Handles, Boltaron Sheath
2 TO 4 - CRKT S.P.E.W. (SMALL. POCKET. EVERYDAY. WHARNCLIFFE) Fixed Blade
2 - CRKT, 2709, Clever Girl, Fixed 4.6" SK5 Black Blade, G10 Handles, Glass Reinforced Nylon Sheath
1 more, so that I have two -Spartan Enyo Inside Waist Band/Neck Knife
1 more, so that I have two - Cold Steel 52100 Boot Knife
1 more, so that I have two -Bastinelli PiKa Picoeur Karambit Fixed Blade Neck Knife, 1 Inch Blade, Bohler N690, Black
2 - Emerson Kwaiken Neck Knife 154CM
2 - Max Venom Karambite in S35VN

Last edited:
I have a few manufacturers who I only like 1-2 models from, actually.

ST5S8jAh.jpg

vz6icMfh.jpg

nRenooCh.jpg

The only double I have is a PM2, one with Copper and Satin, one with Carbon Fiber and black DLC. Too many different knives that I like too keep buying the same in different configurations. I can see the appeal though.

Well I misunderstood the question before I opened the thread. What the heck, to be weird I'm just going with it.
I like full size trappers (=favorite) . . . here are some from more than one maker. I have multiples of these.
Much improved by removing a blade and sometimes converting the blade shape too.
IMG_4180.jpg
IMG_4671.jpg
IMG_4301.jpg
IMG_4023.jpg
IMG_5551.jpg

Then there's the Trapper Flippers . . . I'm on my third one of these. A bit better steel (VG-10) . . . but I sure could use me some M4 in my Trappers :rolleyes: .
IMG_5318.JPG

No question that I have favorite folders from multiple manufacturers.... they include, Spyderco Native 5 and Delica, Vic Adventurer (111mm), Boker Urban Trapper, Steel Will Mini Cutjack, ZT 0770CF, and a number of GEC made slip joints. I suspect the Benchmade Mini Presidio II would be right up there as well, but I simply have not used it beyond cutting paper at my desk. But I like it a lot.

Everyone can do what they like.
I just never understood the appeal to having multiples of the same knife. Different steels? Handle materials? Still the same thing. I just pick what I like best and go with that. It frees up my funds to make other purchases.
But hey, if it floats your boat to own 25+ PM2s more power to ya!

Wow. I misunderstood the topic.

The closest I have to duplicates is this.

0uxAeKmh.jpg

Cool idea for a thread, but the title's a little confusing. Maybe "multiples of the same model" or "multiple versions..." or something like that.

I know what you mean, though, and thought at first I don't have many like that, but actually I do. Not identical versions, but different iterations of the same model. I'll start out with a couple from the Spydie wing. All the Sages including both versions of the 3. These are about as "same, only different" as you can get.

J3DDWRN.jpg

I've got a soft spot for the black Tenacious in the pics as it was my Gateway Knife into this hobby. I'd carried a pocket knife for most of my life, but wasn't into them other than just a handy object to have along. The Tenacious was the first step into the rabbit hole of knife knuttiness. I've got so many mid-techs and expensive knives now that it's too easy to drop $30-45 on another color, blade, or grip.

mNnreJB.jpg

EewMKmn.jpg

Spyderco: P'kal
TOPS: BackBite
ESSEE- Essee 4
Benchmade- 51 Morpho
Emerson- CQC 4k
Suarez International- Grab n' Stab
Gerber- Their folding box cutter. EAB I think its called
Max Venom- PKM
Bastinelli Creations- RED Raptor L. Its a great all purpose blade and heck, if Scarlett Johanssen likes it, so do I

For customs, I like the work of Johnathan Michell, Dylan Farnam, MMHW and CMFTW (My current favorite maker by far).

edit: Misread the OP I suppose, I thought it was being asked simply one's favorite design that you've owned from each company that you've had different models from.

I edited the title. It was confusing. Thanks for the input and contributions. :)

I don't own multiples of the same model, but I won't deny that I have felt tempted to get a second Cold Steel Code 4. I ended up getting the American Lawman to complement my Code 4, and now I want multiples of both! I must hold back... The titanium frame-lock is still missing from my collection!

Last edited:
After I broke my first Shuffle 2, I bought two more.
In part because I love it, in part because I'll probably end up breaking another one.

I would get another Mini Crooked River if Benchmade shipped their customs overseas.

Other than that no. Maybe if the CQC7K went out of production, then I'd buy ...2. Or 3.

Multiples:

Microtech Socom Elite- 6
Chris Reeve Sebenza- 5
Spyderco Paramilitary 2- 6
Kershaw Skyline- 4

I also have some duplicates but these are all different variations.

Cool idea for a thread, but the title's a little confusing. Maybe "multiples of the same model" or "multiple versions..." or something like that.

I know what you mean, though, and thought at first I don't have many like that, but actually I do. Not identical versions, but different iterations of the same model. I'll start out with a couple from the Spydie wing. All the Sages including both versions of the 3. These are about as "same, only different" as you can get.
Yep. Sage's are similar but not the same at all. That Sage 4 doesn't really fit in with the others. I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands. :) I have three each of the Sage and the Chaparral. And 2-3 of a few others just to get into different steels. Spyderco temps us with all their their variations. None we really need after one version, but many we want.

Back