"Multiples" or "The Knife So Nice You Bought It Twice"

SAK Spartan (a bunch).
Gerber MK I (sold one, bought two).
Gerber MK II (sold one, bought one).
Cattaraugus (bought a bunch, maybe nine or ten. Aim to keep them).

I have a Boker Nano in 440C with a black plastic scale; I loved the design so much that I bought the "decade edition" (run of 600 total) version in VG-10 and carbon fiber as soon as it was released.

It's too short and chunky to be a slicer, unfortunately, so I don't carry it much, but it's pretty much the coolest knife I own. One of these days I'll get a Curtiss custom.

I like Griptilians with the oval hole in 154CM. They were only made around 2006. In 2007 they started using the round Spydie hole. If I see one, I'll bid on it. I have 3 full size and one mini.

I also have two Caly 3s in G10. It's my favorite knife. So when it was discontinued I picked up a spare.

Spyderco Roadie

I picked up a red handled one in the EDCF aussie pass around box - had it for a few weeks then lost it
just had an orange handled and blue handled one arrive - so i now have a spare (i may grab a red, black and grey one too at some point, its a perfect little knife for me)

I have 2 Cruwear Manix 2's. I bought one when they popped up for sale, and forgot to cancel my preorder somewhere else. Essentially, I bought 2 on accident.

I want to sell one, but I never get around to it.

Busse TGLB is my only double, had I unlimited funds the number would be much higher. This one is my favorite knife design I have ever seen.

I did buy 2 Benchmade mini Infidels, one is in my safe as I carry a full size Infidel, the other I gave to my wife.

There are others that I feel like obtaining doubles for,

Swamp Rat Rodent Solution, this one is my EDC fixed and I would like a back-up. Great design for a hunting knife.

Benchmade 51 Morpho, pretty much a perfect Bali-Song in every way.

Benchmade 610 Ruckus, discontinued but it is my favorite large folder design ever, and an extra would be great to have JIC I ever loose break my only one.

Busse Magnum Bear Cub, I own zero and never have, but I plan to eventually buy two of these.

Benchmade 808, another great large folder, want a 2nd before they are discontinued.

I'm guessing here:

12x Delicas
12x Enduras
8x Para 2
6x Militaries
2x Tenacious
5x Buck 110
4x CRK
10x Victorinox Classic
5x Mora

And so on. There are plenty of others. Multiples of Kershaw Leeks and Skyline and Blurs.

I bought 2x blue S110V Para 2's recently, for example. One to carry, and the other to keep NIB for no good reason except to make me feel good. Its borderline crazy, but as far as I can tell, I have the rest of my life pretty much nailed down, so a little knife craziness is not so bad.

20121013_145635.jpg

Kershaw Skyline. And I don't even like the Skyline that much.

Camillus OVB Fisk Bowie, one in fiddleback maple and one in desert ironwood.

Had a second kid, so I had to pick up another one.

Most of the time if I find a knife that I really like and it is a limited-production (which most of my favorites seem to be), I pick up a second to keep as a backup incase I ever lose the one I use.

I've done it with several models:

Spyderco PM2
Spyderco Millie
Large Sebenza
Spyderco Manix 2

I love all of those knives and I could really get back into the habit of collecting them at any time. Lately I've been collecting Big Chris Custom Knives in the camp knife variety.

I guess overall, I should go back to collecting spyderco's. They are great knives and a lot cheaper than strider or CRK.

Manix 2 LW. I traded for one and then promptly traded for another. Love it when you find something that's just "you". Workhorse, lightweight, great slicer and the ball bearing lock makes it a great "fidget" knife. Probably going to buy most of the Manix line as I like the XL too.

I had 3 Spyderco S110V Para 2 at one time.
I actually really liked the knives and were the first production knife I had bought in several years.
I reground 2 and sold them though.

Forgot, I have two Buck 110's too. One is regular model and other is a damascus with stag handles. Reason: Just because.

Hogue EX-04 3.5". I bought one in the "black" Gmascus (black/greenish gray/coppery tan) and liked it so much I bought another in red Gmasc. I also have a black Gmasc. 4" version coming. Hooked on Hogues now, I guess. :D:thumbup:

Victorinox Tinker and Parachutist. Lost track of how many I've purchased and given to family and friends.

Yep - F3's so nice I got them thrice. (hahah!)

PlainJaneF3 N690
e8gFKgq.png

2015 F3 Medium N690 Blackwash blade w/swedge, pivot, clip, hardware, and milled backspacer
fOrQHAC.png

2015 F3 Medium Tac mod1 Blackwash CPM154 blade w/swedge, scales, milled backspacer, hardware, impeller pivot, and milled clip,
2pJILTF.png

Last edited:
Back