My new small Apogee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackyl, I wasn't refering to you, if I was unclear I apologize.

Kajnin, while first impressions are important they are not the end all and be all, most people realize this as well. If your are not happy, do not purchase sight unseen go to a store pick up all of their knives find the one that's perfect for you. I buy knives from the maker and from purveyors as well as in stores, I have a very good relationship with these various people and go into there shop's or stores and they have no problem in letting me get my fingerprints all over their merchandise
wink.gif

The reactions you've received are because many people here have Darrel's knives and getting a knife from him in the sub $500 dollar range is getting something special on the cheap. While I only have 2 of his I have handled many of them and a bad knife from him is the exception and not the rule.

------------------
~ JerryO ~

Cogito Cogito Ergo Cogito Sum

Why the hell would I spend so much money on a knife and still spend even more money just to get it right?

KAJNIN - Any reputable maker will stand behind his/her knives and would want the customer to be happy with their purchase. If one is not happy with their purchase and they contact the maker about it, chances are very good that the maker would want to rectify the situation without charging the customer.

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator
AKTI Member # A000005

I didn't have to pay ANYTHING to get mine fixed. Just shipping. Darrel is being more than fair. No more attacks here please, KAJNIN. -AR

------------------
- AKTI Member ID# A000322

- Intelligent men, unfortunately, learn from fools, more often than fools learn from intelligent men.

I was wondering how long it would be before the real "Ninjak" stood up. Once again, he proves that he cannot present his case without personal attacks and derogatory remarks. Do not get sucked into the muck with Ninjak AKA Kajnin.

Daniel

What happened to the real "Ninjak"? -AR

------------------

- Intelligent men, unfortunately, learn from fools, more often than fools learn from intelligent men.

NINJAK was banned, I understand. The same rhetoric displayed as KAJNIN. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Daniel

Banned? who said I was banned? How can one be banned from these forums? One can always create another account, so banning is useless. I've stated my opinions and if you people don't agree fine, I won't be losing any sleep over it. If you people only had seen and held the Apogee I received, you'd be quite shocked as well. Yes, I've been quite harsh on poor old Ralph. But hey, what made me mad was that he made the Apogees by hand and he should've known that the Apogee I recieved was defected. What does he do? He lets it go for sale.

[This message has been edited by KAJNIN (edited 03 December 1999).]

Kajnin is ninjak spelled backwards.

Although I don't agree with how Kajnin presents himself on these forums, I do not think he did anything wrong. He did not personally attack Darrel, although he came very close.

I think it's not necessarily a bad thing to have people like this on the forums. People like this tell it how it is and gives us some more insight on things. If everyone in the world said, the sebenza/apogee is an awsome knife and there were no opposers, then everyone would have a pretty lopsided view. Although the sebenza and apogee have very few opposers.

Kajnin, try and lighten up.

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

I appologize for saying in past threads that Chris Reeve invented the integral lock. I was always under the impression that he did from reading the Chris Reeve literature. This is not a slam on Chris or anyone else. It just seems like I came on a little strong when I said Chris invented the lock.

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

JoHnYKwSt, how long did it take you to figure that out? That NINJAK is KAJNIN?
I too have always thought that Chris Reeve Invented the integral lock. Hmm, that is interesting. Then who did invent it?
I know I'm rude and blunt at times, (well, okay all the time) but that's the way I am. In my culture, I'm considered to be quite polite. Believe it or not. Thank you for at least realizing that people REALLY are different and that everyone is entitled to their opinions. And besides, the forums would be boring without people like me.

Don't flatter yourself KAJNIN! ...and you can't always just create a new account. Unless you have multiple ISP's. You're not invincible...Spark is!
wink.gif

You just got lucky, he only removed your screen name. He can also ban your email address, and if that doesn't do it, you whole IP block! -AR

-AR

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jackyl (edited 03 December 1999).]

Hey Jackyl... you don't like the Apogee... you don't like the Apogee... trade it to Fish... Chalupa! I guess I am going to have to try to get one for myself. Dang...

------------------
"Hi, I'm Fish, and I'm a Sebenzaholic..."
copfish@aol.com

Cappy has a med. with blue / purple handles. $450 I believe. -AR

------------------

One last comment
I have been working on different grinds for the apogee. This includes blade shape , grind
lines ect..
So if you get one that a bit differnt It because I have been looking for the very best all around blade shape and grind.

COMMENTS PLEASE after use!

------------------
Web Site At www.infinet.com/~browzer/bldesmth.html
Take a look!!!

Hmm I just got my first sebenza and now all you guys are getting me excited to get an apogee... man...
smile.gif
Make up your minds!! J/k Anyone know how good elishewitz customs are?

------------------
-Humpty

"Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty dumpty had a great fall.
Maybe Humpty should of had a knife."

Repeat message -- sorry
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Humpty (edited 03 December 1999).]

Jackyl, you obviously don't know what you are talking about. ISP's have nothing to do with it. FYI, I've never been banned from this forum. I'm NINJAK at Knifeforums. Next time at least know what you are talking about okay.

Sure, whatever man! Do you even know what an ISP is? They own an IP block which they use to assign you an adress within that block. They also incorporate subnetting somewhere in there. Now, go find something constructive to do! -AR

------------------

Really Kajnin:

Find something productive to do. You remind me of one of those guys that always got picked on and beat up as a kid and now this is your way of getting back at the world; by severely ripping on, insulting and causing direct confrontation with even the most minute detail you disagree with. If you treat people in real life this way you'll find that when you open your mouth a fist is inserted. Don't flatter yourself. I don't think BladeForums would be boring without you. I think Blade Forums is annoying with you.

It is the whole clip thing that messes up a lot of knives. The latest modification to the Sebenza, for example, is designed to allow more space under the clip. Not a reason I would want to change a knives design, but it is a consumer driven merket.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back