Never Fear, The Northwoods Zulu Spear is Here!

Considering they sell out fast and retain a high resell value, they're priced right . I have a few including this one but pass on most because of the shield. I like the arrowhead shield a lot but not on every knife . The scagel w/ the hole pull looks great with it . I understand that's the trade mark and all .I wonder if this discussion about price would of come up if it had the gimp shield on that Bose.

So I knee jerk ordered my camel bone before watching the video to find out about the giraffe bone. I ALSO ordered a giraffe bone in the hopes of cancelling my camel order, or having to simply pass it on secondary market.

My Giraffe bone here since all the photos will be gone from KSF soon. Jason really does an excellent job photographing each individual knife for us. I also enjoy taking photos, so that has got to be a sweet gig to be able to fondle and photograph every single knife that goes through KSF.

NW-Giraffe-Front-8714__80152.1463438585.1280.1280.jpg

I came SO close on that one, nice score Jeff. I did pull the trigger on a slightly lighter colored example:

Last edited:
Loved the giraffe bone. This was my first ever drop and I snagged #3 giraffe and also got it at the camel bone price. Was a very memorable drop for sure and can't wait for the next!

2a60d336ae8dadfba29e57714a12d34d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I am kicking myself for not grabbing a black micarta. I had several chances to and didn't. Now I'm suffering from non-buyers regret. Maybe some more will hit today. They said 500 of them made and I don't think they have posted that many yet. I just wish it had a long pull. That is the only thing that would make this knife better for me.

Just looked at KSF. I should've jumped on the micarta too, but I have prior obligations knife wise. I've got an awesome gunstock jack coming to me from Brent Cramer.

Yeah, I am kicking myself for not grabbing a black micarta. I had several chances to and didn't. Now I'm suffering from non-buyers regret. Maybe some more will hit today. They said 500 of them made and I don't think they have posted that many yet. I just wish it had a long pull. That is the only thing that would make this knife better for me.
I feel the same way... I wanted that black but passed.

Loved the giraffe bone. This was my first ever drop and I snagged #3 giraffe and also got it at the camel bone price. Was a very memorable drop for sure and can't wait for the next!

2a60d336ae8dadfba29e57714a12d34d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh, I hesitated for literally 30 seconds and they were gone. I wondered if they were going to honor the price glitch. Congrats on a great deal.

I picked up number 25 and number 15 (Green) so WTLJ didn't miss out on it...just wondering what I should charge him :eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Almost bought the camel bone and then the giraffe bones popped up , got one of those instead 👍 Man talk about pressure to make a choice !!!! Hahahhaha should have seen me on my phone in my work truck flipping through the camel photos like someone had a gun to my head 👴🏻🔫, Good times ! Can't wait to see this thing in person , and just in case anyone was wondering there is something really wrong with all of us !! Lmao

Not mine, just surfing pictures... it was such a mad dash to grab these I didn't really get much time to enjoy what was available..

NW-Giraffe-Front-8680__46424.1463438204.1280.1280.jpg

NW-Giraffe-Front-8725__42974.1463438759.1280.1280.jpg

NW-Mammoth-Ivory-8822__41596.1463445113.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
I made sure to buy my micarta zulus last night, as fast as possible, so as not to be seduced by the mammoth ivory. Boy that mammoth is gorgeous.

Overall, I'm very excited about this run. Then again, I get excited about every run that features micarta and carbon steel, so GEC is very much on my good side lately.

The only thing I don't love about this run is the level of blade detail. No nice swedge on the blade. No long pull. No interesting ricasso or choil. The blade is utterly average in looks. Just the same boring blade detail you get on any $15.00 slipjoint. A nicer looking blade would have elevated this run to legendary status.

I was able to get a giraffe bone, mammoth ivory, denim micarta, and black micarta! When they come in I'll see what I think about them, but 4 may be a bit much!

You still need the stag...[emoji6]

If you check out my mammoth ivory it looks like stag! ha!

Unfortunately, your attachments are invalid and I cannot see them. By BFC rules, you must now send your knife to me. Shoot me a PM and I will get you my address. :)

Back