NEW 4.7 Thread

Yeah pics. And why Green? You probably dulled it if anything. Guy sends these things shaving sharp. I would be on white or a sub micron CBN for heaven's sake!

Yeah pics. And why Green? You probably dulled it if anything. Guy sends these things shaving sharp. I would be on white or a sub micron CBN for heaven's sake!

The brush strokes were very light, but no, I don't have any white or that oil which they sell to use after white. Do you use Flexxx? I bet you are a Wicked Edge person and probably own at least two of them, just in case ;)

P.S. I think that their green is 6000 grit.

The brush strokes were very light, but no, I don't have any white or that oil which they sell to use after white. Do you use Flexxx? I bet you are a Wicked Edge person and probably own at least two of them, just in case ;)

P.S. I think that their green is 6000 grit.

LOL!

I have a wicked edge gen 2 pro kit, but for touch-ups after use I strop by hand. I don't know how to make a Strop last long enough to buy fancy Flexxx ones, so I buy the DLT ones for now. They work good enough for a mirror edge, and as they get too shiny, I can throw it out. I don't want to rub a saw or something into it to refresh the surface, as then it's too rough for use with white or 0.5 CBN. At least for what I know how to do.

Happy now?!

r0Bhymt.jpg

OMyt7eR.jpg

I shy away from mirror edges. It looks ultra cool to have a reflective edge but IMHO that weakens the steel. It may not matter on tougher steels, but I still shy away. Toothier edges bite better, IMO. The thin paper cutting like the phone book paper above looks cool, but the better test is effortless cutting and slashing of leather. But I didn't want to ruin my leather pad ;)

You can see slight markings on the blade 1/3 off of the heel. I cut about 7-8 saplings and feathered some green and dried wood. Nothing too arduous!

I'm thinking about using mine on my neighbor's Camry that drips oil in front of my house.
I might see if Guy's sharp edge and sharpened spine can cut the fuel line and spark a ferro rod.

You can borrow the EDC-4 if you need it. You know it'll throw sparks. :D

I wish I could. It's a young girls car so I can't bring myself to say or do anything. Her dad is a lazy ass that probably doesn't know a thing about cars.

I had a similar problem as well as one with a neighbor who didn't mow his front law that was making another one upset. You know the guy who has a front lawn like a golf course and is working on it every 2 days. His neighbor the guy with foot tall weeds?

Same solution to both problems.

Do it myself!

I fixed the girls car and then her boyfriend got upset because obviously it makes him look bad. Owned his face. Age difference might be slightly different here, girl with the car is 10 years younger than me. In the future he will be a better man I'm sure.

Second, I asked my neighbor "What's the deal with the weed factory?". He said since he had his year old daughter till his wife came home from work, he couldn't get it done till she was home and by then it was kinda late. So I mowed it myself.

Boom. Everyone is happy.

Last edited:
Lol I'm the guy that waits till I can't see my son running and playing cause the weeds are so tall, then I cut. Never mow the ditch, that's the county's job. My mail lady usually leaves me 'I love your yard so much, but I can't reach your mail box without my GSO 5.1' notes about once or twice a year. So I leave tips in there for her. Like 'Get a GSO 10', or 'Don't eat yellow snow' which doesn't much help a fellow Texan out much....

Maybe that's why she only waves at me with one finger. :(

Back