New Buck Made Remington's?

That's easy.

The Camillus knives were Remington patterns originated by Remington.

Apparently (from what little info we have gotten here) Buck has no intention to ever make a real Remington from actual Remington patterns.

That's why the Buck effort is less legitimate......they didn't even try to make a legitimate effort--they just took one of their own knives and slapped the Remington name on it.

Such negativity, We have no idea what Buck offered Remington. They may of offered them the full enchilada and Remington said lets keep the costs down. No reason to discredit Buck on any of this and state ( Bucks effort is less legitimate and that they didnt even try to make a legitimate effort.

I dont think you get it. Its was Remingtons decision.

Such negativity, We have no idea what Buck offered Remington. They may of offered them the full enchilada and Remington said lets keep the costs down. No reason to discredit Buck on any of this and state ( Bucks effort is less legitimate and that they didnt even try to make a legitimate effort.

I dont think you get it. Its was Remingtons decision.

I have a question for you, Makael.

How can you see my posts if you have me on ignore?

It was only days ago that you and your friends took up half a thread bragging about how you had put me on ignore and wouldn't have to read my posts anymore......yet here you are, stalking my posts, insulting me and trying to start arguments with me.

It doesn't seem like you have me on ignore. Maybe check it again?

... whether or not Buck will EVER make even ONE real old pattern Remington or if they're even CONSIDERING the possibility or discussing it with Remington--because.......if they don't make a real one.......what's the point of all this?

It would be nice to know if it's even a possibility.

According to Mr. Hubbard in post number 44, Remington chose to go with the 500 instead of one of the 300 series, to do something different.
AFAIK Remington has never done a lockback bullet knife before.

As for "ONE real old pattern Remington ...": What pattern did Remington make (before PAL, since the PAL knives "are not a 'real' Remington", but are just a rebranded PAL) that no one else did?
AFAIK, Remington offered the same patterns (and probably a few less; for example, I don't think I've ever seen a Remington "Gentleman's" knife) as everyone else.

Since the Bullet Knives have historically changed every year, perhaps next year will see a 300 series Bullet Knife.
Who knows? Maybe Remington and Buck will bring back one of the 300 series that is out of production that Buck still has the tooling for. The large 2 blade fish knife, maybe? (I don't know if Buck made that in house, by the way.)

Obviously, you are disappointed with what Remington chose this year, and do not like it. That's fine. No one is forcing you to buy one (or more). Wait until next year, and buy whatever they come up with then. But only if you like it. :)

According to Mr. Hubbard in post number 44, Remington chose to go with the 500 instead of one of the 300 series, to do something different.
AFAIK Remington has never done a lockback bullet knife before.
:)
Wrong.
Two pictured in the posters just on this thread.

Ahhhhhhh, fresh air.

Is there a supporting dealer here for the Remington Knives that can be linked to this thread? I want to order.

Ahhhhhhh, fresh air.

Is there a supporting dealer here for the Remington Knives that can be linked to this thread? I want to order.
knifecenter i thought was......? not sure who else is gonna stock and sell them........

after this long thread I may have changed my mind. might want that elk version just cause.....

Last edited:
Yes my fellow Buck nuts, I may add one or two of the woody versions to my Elk Bullet already on order. I may want to have one customized with the Rem blade and one Buck 500 blade. What do you think?

JB

There is no 500 in the Buck Custom Shop by the way, so this works out perfectly. I have my eye on the Elk. It looks great.

Mr Hubbard, there is no 302 Solitaire in the Buck Custom shop. Hint. Hint. Add a cap lifter (bottle opener) and you would have something quite unique for the land locked urban woodsman.

Personally it's nice to see Remington continue with the bullet knife and have it made by an American company. In a way it sort of goes with a timeline of newer hunters using a lockback more than a traditional pocket knife. In 50-100 years the 500 will be considered a traditional old school knife. Just think Jetsons....

It's definitely a good starting point for the partnership. I hope it does well so they look at more options in the future. That said, for the money I'd probably get another 110 so I'll be supporting the new knife in spirit only....

Mine came today.

ly979YpYc6CyCp8Poh09HpTOSJIW55CebrTPvZbiRcFsWKHSIyu1BO7ZP2FoZJsHhlUNdhLnbcKLqt218n7hmz9jzA0tov9IymBk4ZCHgJ6D-75vM2jVORBATwQy7ynymj4Qj8BaMk4VWLCzzomCxqXqYHMtQdS20yogNGAP1iJ-G678pZNd7X4b9k4rpl2tuma8w7Evfy8rMU2nA2u7gfZIkqHNH_SUVLEOPn2ko5O_Ndc3Pd055TialL6_SI1QRKwo-OhrEpdoze9Q9xwTZ_LBJ-z6T-EWelRhVPli0-BFnUWYtDXbp2eap3A2rECQa_fVmOHOlL3rr2nSUftWnoCcE6yRZWWjiZiUuaPRwKcdm6sIc-iAk0sGoUGOqVRPfUcc3oz7w3m4VAea1h4L0wEtKIasDPuyKoS9Rn0gDPz4E_IDUGHI25xqEWIifBdbqbVsOo-ZmT-XFTjdSUTPMOeWU34AYS_x_AoW_6VSSLK4IZ-xfm0TSmjDTgthIheZjxQpvK1eujDXOR1nFoARM4RHQeyCmPkIgdCgKBhTP71gdoZf_tSnGIjBM8RAyaz1xDOMi0vP0HKJNPNlx2Ihk31UFcEXyc-V3YogkioFwI1eWmvzJo2R84_keV_RF848tS3epjsGAtpC4fTbbluU8e-FAuPFB3_t=w1200

ovojQizHXRoGd_S9nMP2D3bEDqr8GP-Hm6Hieucw2YWf-XE19qabNReUEba0Cy5msDsOp7qKNs7IiWkYbwJOYskC4evI_ObGx5V3J2eCBM-SVCG8O9ZqLp4dkQlwMFLaj4ZsE1LXuNe87V8b_tntYlHPPAWsxCUPNbt6_5qTXNtJJkdE8CKgg9mJ_pKyhcMgstWQ9HZmE0ej1JYqECeS--Y90H0k2uurQEPzecog8UfCbPBqejYtEeA5y1wLvlB_ZP8l8JOg5jNYHpUSguoNSy4Rq3n6efAw3Bi3d120_KqJVzvtcuekF8OVLoXTRohh1RvbpOWnacEbUhL-pQ1Fh6aTTryGuzLHyUdeKsFP8b_uwVFIZZhUFHpN5MZPdRo9VQs7Hhbo0yVSV4RLLVac0HnoBN1qf35NgHwlCjmnHezNu2VaqG1qA0Zg4AnlV5D6o-UZ5pGo5oAUGhiv8ax_QwQfwAUKcnB7CL86FWT1TGtBBsrTjYabcnpL_ZT60m6OyOaidaZDjen3h7QnR-dI17gPvgwo9HEAA_M2TwW8t5-6Vpl9-QjT07uD9Z1XALk2sjx1Gc_U58nJTTITZdYTuBxXn0lQMFJ-b5kIF_y-X97xpL7C_2jauavSlS37gcigy8NrrJFItW1F-rqcsdp1tqspM-qGOZzv=w1200

O.B.

Looks good, I'm just not a big 500 fan. Hope to see some different patterns from Buck in this line, that would get me excited and I'd fire the credit card up for that.

I'm still waiting like a little kid on Christmas Eve! lol:cool:

JB

Back