1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New Cruwear PM2?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by perchjerk, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish

Mar 22, 2018
    That’s how mine arrived. I tried loosening the pivot and stop pin and it didn’t do a lot.

After disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling using blue loctite it’s about as good as any of my other PM2’s. I haven’t been able to center the blade yet but it’s close enough. I’ll try swapping / polishing the bronze washers sometime down the line and see if I can get the blade centered but it’s not hitting the liners or anything now. The grind on the blade is pretty coarse but that might be intentional. I imagine that’s also something I could fix with a rotary tool and polishing compound.

Kind of a love / hate relationship with this particular PM2 but I’m going to keep it. The final assembly left a lot to be desired but I had the tools and time to correct most of that.

2. anycal

anycal

Jan 11, 2017
    I have a feeling that won't do it. Perhaps you already tried, but this process works pretty well for me,

loosen all the screws > wedging the blade to the opposite side from the off-center > tighten all the screws, starting with pivot > remove wedge > adjust pivot for desired action

Don't over-tighten the pivot too much, but make sure the handle screws are tight.

3. blame it on god

blame it on god Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 21, 2013
    I got mine a few hours ago. No problems at all.

[​IMG]

I think I might have a slight problem with being a steel snob though. LOL!

dman62, cnm123, Stonewash and 3 others like this.
  4. darth_cholo

darth_cholo

Mar 29, 2010
    Me too.

5. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish

Mar 22, 2018
    Ok, I’ll give that a shot next time. I tried holding the blade on the opposite side while tightening the pivot and stop pin but it didn’t make much difference. The first 7 PM2’s I bought all came perfectly centered so this is new territory for me. The action on a PM2 usually needs some work out of the box (usually an 1/8 of a turn of the pivot or stop pin) - only my S110V came needing no adjustment whatsoever.

6. PStone

PStone

Mar 3, 2018
    You could try and rotate the stop pin. I had one before that would stick so bad I could hardly unlock it. A very snap accompanied the unlocking.

I rotated the stop pin around until I found a good spot. Lock stick gone completely.

I only loosened the one screw on the non presentation side. As soon as it came free, the pin rotated. Then I tried opening/closing until it was right. Then tighten it with the blade open to keep the stop pin in place.

JackTheKnifeGuy likes this.
  7. bladesrckool

bladesrckool

Jan 25, 2017
    [​IMG] Got mine in yesterday and it's good to go. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  8. kingston73

kingston73 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2013
    I just got mine yesterday and haven't had time to try adjusting it but it is very tight. I must have gotten the Canadian version, it needs two hands to both open and close. I'll see today or loosening the pivot helps but this is the tightest new knife I've ever had.

So some of yours are do free or of the box? You can actually flick them open?

9. blame it on god

blame it on god Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Mine drops free and spydieflicks no problem. I actually may tighten my pivot by 1/8 of a turn.

10. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Took the stop pin out and wiped it clean, back in and no problems:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

PStone likes this.
  11. kingston73

Oct 14, 2013
    Wow, how is there such a wide range of inconsistentancy with this? I'm wondering if mine might need to get taken apart.

12. PStone

PStone

Mar 3, 2018
    Awesome!!

13. FK

FK Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Mine just arrived,, absolutely perfect in every way.
    A few drops of Nano-oil in the pivot and free drops smoothly.
    Great factory edge and perfect centering when closed.
    Not a hint of lock stick.

Another nicely made Spyderco PM2, excellent price for a great steel.

One item is unacceptable, and that is KC selection of smooth G-10 scales,,, they are too slippery to be of any use in the field. These will be replaced ASAP.

Regards,
    FK

14. bladesrckool

bladesrckool

Jan 25, 2017
    Mine is extremely smooth and opens with ease and authority flicking, dropping, and thumbing.

15. fatsubie

fatsubie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Let see how long this run will last.
    Seem less people interested than DLT run.

16. perchjerk

perchjerk Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2009
    It's got to be the smooth g10 that's keeping people away. I just got mine in just now and mine is a perfect example. As for the g10, I like it. It's something different. It's definitely nothing special though and I think that will encourage me to use this knife more so than my other sprints.

17. kingston73

Oct 14, 2013
    Well, figured out my problem and didn’t have to touch the pivot. The pocket clip was attached for tip down carry and when I took it off to put a deep carry clip on the action came to life. Not sure how or why the clip could tighten the action that much but it did.

18. Stonewash

Stonewash

May 7, 2018
    Clip-screws too long, squeezing the internal parts?

19. Knibes

Knibes

Oct 9, 2013
    Even by my standards the two I got are great and don't warrant adjustment.

I like the smooth g10 a lot more than I thought I would. It has a clean high quality look and feel.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

20. ejames13

ejames13 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Just got mine and do not care at all for the smooth G10. I would call it slick G10. It really has a high level of polish that makes it super slippery. I feel like I'm going to drop it at any given moment. Really wish this had peel ply CF instead.