New Feature: iTrader

Where's the thread exactly? EDIT: I screwed up and didn't set Platinum members to be able to rate others. Sorry

I've seen this in use on other sites, and I'm adding it here based on how I've seen it work, and user feedback from certain members.

This feature will allow feedback to be listed from for sale / trade forum deals and will allow for instant tracking on user profiles.

In order to prevent abuse, only threads from the exchange forums will be eligible for feedback. When leaving feedback, you will need to provide a URL from a specific thread in the Exchange. If you try to leave feedback on something not in the Exchange forums, it won't let you.

The system isn't foolproof, but I'm going to be very harsh on abuse.

Current settings:
Users have 5 minutes to edit / delete feedback they leave.
You must wait 24 hours before you can rate the same person again, so no multiple ratings / dings on the same person in the same day.
There is a 30 day max time limit on leaving return feedback once you've received feedback from someone.
There is a 5 person, per day limit for leaving feedback for "new traders" - if you have less than 5 feedback, you are considered a "new trader"

Spark, is it cool if we do some retroactive feedback leaving then? Would you rather we just use it for exchange transactions from here on out?

Go to town man, if you did a trade / sale / purchase and it's still in the forums, get your rating on. Might take a while if you've been prolific over the years though, since you're limited to 5 or so a day.

Go to town man, if you did a trade / sale / purchase and it's still in the forums, get your rating on. Might take a while if you've been prolific over the years though, since you're limited to 5 or so a day.

Yeah, I have close to a hundred at least. :D Some of them from way back have probably been archived. :D Thanks for the added feature Spark.

Yeah, I've pruned a bunch too, though not lately. I think there's about 3 years or so worth available right now.

Seems like a cool feature, especially with so many new people joining all the time. You can get the quick and dirty lowdown before doing a deal.

Hoo boy -- it's not enough to get spammed every time somebody tries to give six ratings in one 24-hour period; I gotta get spammed every time somebody gives a negative rating too? I suppose I could make a new spam filter, but why should I have to?

Cougar, you shouldn't get any more messages on the iTrader front.

Samhain, need to give me more info than that for me to help you.

Yeah, I got an automatic email about suspicious activity from Guyon. I always suspected you of suspicious activities....
attachment.php

This is my only LOL CAT creation. I'm going to use it for all occasions...

Frogger.jpg

Yeah, I have close to a hundred at least. :D Some of them from way back have probably been archived. :D Thanks for the added feature Spark.

Same here. I started a Word file to keep track of who I've already rated. I'll try to give credit where credit is due. See my Good Guy list for a sense of how many I'm up against (not as many as PG.)

Boy, this sounds like the green chiclet/red chiclet thing all over again and may have the potential to go that route. Not only did I get a crap load of email notifications of iTrader deals I don't even have access to the page.

skeptical-cat-is-fraught-with-skept.jpg

I figured it out, I was trying to put the feedback url in, instead of the transaction one. Got it now!

Maybe a stupid question, if I have an ongoing WTB thread, can I leave the same thread URL for more than one person??

Hope that makes sense...

Just a little confused, I went to a thread on a deal I did with Thomason,

I'm not sure how this thing works yet but I did get an email that feedback had been left and was able to click on the link in the email and see your feedback, James. So I got it OK. Thanks

I'm a little confused also, I was left one today (and I appreciated it very much) and i figured out the rest to send a responce but it was asking me for a "url" and I entered a couple two or three and it says they were not valid. Maybe I just need educated about where to get the "URL".
HOGLEG-REG.

I'm not sure how this thing works yet but I did get an email that feedback had been left and was able to click on the link in the email and see your feedback, James. So I got it OK. Thanks

I still do not know how to return feedback without knowing the location of the original sale thread. I found our deal on the gunstock S&M. Referenced it as the location they wanted verification, but when someone leaves me feedback, it appears as if I am going to have to find that deal. I have bought some many knives on the forum, plus gotten knives never posted on exchange, but from members, I don't know if I am coming or going. But I think for all future trades or buys it will be much simpler than hunting up old threads.
James

Back