New Military Sprint!! CPM Rex 45

Here's a question for you. Im under the impression HAP40 blades are usually clad. They are on Spydercos, and I think on most Japanese kitchen knives, at least those I know of. Will Rex45 be clad as well?

Here's a question for you. Im under the impression HAP40 blades are usually clad. They are on Spydercos, and I think on most Japanese kitchen knives, at least those I know of. Will Rex45 be clad as well?

No

Did someone actually say it is a downgrade from M4? No way. http://www.zknives.com/knives/steels/steelgraph.php?nm=cpm rex 45, m4, HAP40&hrn=1&gm=0

It is very similar. Rex45, HAP40, and M4 are all pretty close, except REX45 and HAP40 both have a lot of cobalt and M4 has none.

OK how does REX45 compare to M390>> I've said for two years that if they come up with a Military model that will beat M390 hands down I will dish out the bucks and step up to a new C-36 Military model. But this steel is going to have to be able to beat M390 by a significant margin before I get too excited. Not really all that taken away by this handle but if the blade steel is that great I'll look the other way when I buy it. Or should I wait for something even better. I've been sidelined for a while so I'll take you guys word for it.

The question I am most interested in is when this model will hit the market. I agree with one poster above that $180 is not small money so the steel must be impressive (at least as good as 204p) in order for me to justify the purchase.

BTW I am not concerned at all that this knife will be sold out fast. Recall how long it took the bhq m4 military to sell out?

GP Knives had the PM2 version available for literally 5 minutes today and I managed to grab one. Seeing the popularity of this new steel and relatively rarity of orange pm2/military, I bet it is going to be hard to grab these.

5/31/18
9OC7ppFh.png

I am venturing not to pre-order, hoping the Millie won't get sold out as fast as PM2 and Para3.

I went ahead and preordered this one after seeing the impossibility of scoring the pm2. Didn’t want to miss out on trying this steel. Plus burnt orange is the most beautiful color in the world!

I went ahead and preordered this one after seeing the impossibility of scoring the pm2. Didn’t want to miss out on trying this steel. Plus burnt orange is the most beautiful color in the world!

It's perhaps too late to pre-order. Will just keep refreshing my computer.

I had a chance to buy a pm2 when a member posted their availability at knifeworks, which lasted about 12 minutes. But I rarely if ever use pm2’s, so I’m thinking the Millie will be available for at least 2 days. At $34 more,(I think) it will be worth the extra handle room and blade length.

I believe this will be just as elusive as the pm2 and para3 have been. I managed to snag a pm2, but only did it because I’m afraid I’ll miss out on the Millie when it drops. They will go just as fast I think.

Military has never been as popular as PM2, actually far less popular than the latter. The price at $182 is not very attractive either. Look at the kw green cts 204p Military. On sale for $180 and still moves very slowly. Try to find a green cts 204p PM2...

With that being said, Millie fans myself included will get the Rex 45 one no mater what.

Reactions: AF
Back