New Military Sprint!! CPM Rex 45

Bear encounters,,, here in NW CT we are infested with the buggers.

One climbed into a neighbors new Subaru, after she made a dump trash run, and totaled the car trying to get out.
Two have climbed into private homes and trashed the house looking for eats,,,, on woman woke up in the morning with a furry visitor in her bedroom.

The DEP are reluctant to dispatch the people friendly bears and will just tag and relocate to another more less populated area. We are not allowed to shot them, protected by whining tree huggers.

A close friend has one walking into his garage several times a week,,,, rather concerned with a playful 4 yr old running around the yard all day. Mom and 3 cubs are in his yard every week.

Military,,, yes,,, cannot wait for the Rex 45 to arrive.

Regards,
FK

Not allowed to shoot you either, stupid laws.

"Not allowed to shoot you either, stupid laws."

If someone enters my home with a weapon of any kind and threatens me,,, I am absolutely allowed to shoot them.
If a black bear enters the home and threatens my family,,, we must some how evacuate the home.

Every state has different laws for home protection.

Regards,
FK

Not allowed to shoot you either, stupid laws.

What? I assure you that if your life is in danger that you can shoot another human being legally here.

FK, I don't live all that far from you but I do live in New England's better half. ;) It is probably a lot more hippie here but it is also a lot more rural. We are supposed to try to deter bears first but we can definitely shoot them if need be.

I had one try to break into my chicken coop so I extended the electric fence around the garden so it goes around the coop too. I was sleeping in a pop-up camper in the yard one night and heard him touch the fence. He took off through the woods like a bullet. You could hear trees and branches breaking for a hundred yards. That didn't stop him from coming back but he leaves the chickens alone now. He just comes down for fruit, berries and compost now.

Anyway, stay safe FK!

^^^This is correct. The right to defend oneself and loved ones cannot be abrogated. The state may stipulate that you take other measures first if feasible, (such as leaving or trying to scare off the two or four legged animal), but they cannot deny your right to self preservation, especially in one's own home.

Keep a loaded 870 and a Spyderco Military available and you'll be well equipped.

My neighbor was cooling some pies in her kitchen when she had an unexpected guest one day.
(In the bear's defense, she's a good cook.)

Our problem is the mother bears are teaching the cubs that residential areas are sources of food,,, trash barrels mainly are raided every night. Now as the young mature and have no fear of humans,, they walk down residential paved roads in the mornings when trash barrels are ready for weekly pick up.
Since we do not allow hunting or aggressive actions to deter this behavior it is getting out of control.
My friend with the 4 yr old visited the DEP and inquired about "Bean Bags" that the police use in riots etc. he was told no way and would be arrested if caught. He is fearful to let the young boy out with a female bear and 3 cubs visiting every few days.
A friend was fishing a local river last year and was stalked by a large male bear,,, would not let him leave the river and every move upstream or down was following him on the bank. This took over an hour before the bear became bored and left.
I lived in Alaska for about 16 months and in that period more people were attacked by black bear than grizzly or brown bear. The standard deterrent was a 12ga with alternate Brenneke slugs and 00 buck.

Regards,
FK

FK, it is completely different here. We can hunt them here and you get a bear tag with you deer tag so everybody who deer hunts has a bear tag too. We also have an extended bear season that is an entire month leading up to deer season and that tag is only $5.

The bears here will come on my property for sure but I probably couldn’t get outside fast enough to shoot one. As soon as they hear the front door start to open they are gone like a flash. It is better for everybody if they have a healthy fear of people and our usually do.

I did have a neighbor let his dog out and there was a large male in the yard. The dog started barking at it an circling it. They started chasing each other around in circles and the bear was batting at it. If it wanted to kill the dog is probably would have. One round of birdshot into the ground and that bear was long gone and never seen again. Again, a little fear goes a long way to keeping a bear alive.

Back on the Millie....

caKQEsU.jpg

I need one! lol

Very nice photo, with the addition of Military Rex 45 ==> next year's calendar?

Regards,
FK

The Para2 and Para3 came out close together so I hopeful that this should be along soon.

I might go good with some butterscotch pudding too. :)

Anyone heard if we have any anticipated release dates?
That orange would be awesome for deer season and that steel would be too...Anyone see what Big Brown Bear did with his PM2? What a fearless, some could argue crazy, way to test Rex45 and get me all excited.
My record is 7 hogs without sharpening in between on my KW s90v CF/Ti and its ready for its 8th as I still haven't touched it up. Hoping this thing cuts similar to that or 204p, meaning that they cut even when theyre dull.

Couldnt take it any more. I preordered one of the Rex 45 Millies from Knifecenter. I dont want to miss this one.

Couldnt take it any more. I preordered one of the Rex 45 Millies from Knifecenter. I dont want to miss this one.
IIRC, relying on Knife Center to take preorders only up to the number of knives they know is coming to them is a serious mistake. Reserving a knife on the first available day of the preorder is one thing. More than a few days out and you can be virtually assured that your knife will never come to fruition through the Knife Center pre-order process.

Rex 45 is my new favorite steel :)

PM2 style. Better get one while you can. This steel reignited my love for this knife.

IMG_20180902_135945~4.jpg

Come on Spyderco. What's this waiting all about, so that the flippers can get their $ back from selling the rex pm2 and para3 to reflip the rex 45 Military?

I am thankful I got my new PM2 on the BF market for 185$. I think that was original cost?

I haven’t seen a flipper make money on a single Military sprint/exclusive. You would have to go back to the Cruwear Military to find one that is selling for more now BNIB than it did when it was released and that was five years ago for the Cruwear Military.

If you plan on turning a profit on a Military sprint/exclusive you better be looking at it as a long term investment.

That said, what is taken no so long? :)

Back