1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New Ratweiler pic thread.

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by cut it out, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    She sounds a little surly. Might be jealous of that polished choppy. I'd beat that coating off of her asap so that she feels more at home ;) :)

Congrats man, it looks real nice, and it's a fatty I'm guessing.

2. crufflers

crufflers

Apr 28, 2015
    Good times. I need to beat on the fat RW too. Last hammer session I had with OAK logs I had blood blisters on one hand and the other was bruised to the bone but that's what I get for using something without a RES-C handle. My Chophouse and 1111 are kinder to my hand. Fat RW might be better than most because it is so ergo.

3. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Definitely very surley...........they both are it seems. I think its their heredity.

I've been cut plenty in the past by my blades.......but never like with the Chopweiler. She's bit me 3 different times into the bone.

Things aren't looking much better with the Ratweiler. Less than 10 minutes out of the package and she's already drawn blood. Damn 'weilers!

And yes..........1/4 thick.

4. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Nice! I know you had your heart set on the thick version. Yeah, 'weilers of all kinds are pretty serious :)

5. Snakebreaker

Feb 7, 2013
    I did. Thanks again brother!

6. ozgooner

ozgooner

Sep 24, 2011
    This page doesn't have any RW pics yet:

[​IMG]

OK, all good now. My 1/4" finally arrived down under. Kinda wishing I'd gone for 3/16". Will see how we go. :)

7. MacLaren1

MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    I tell ya what fellas, I am REALLY diggin on this new 3/16 Ratweiler......Shaving sharp off just a few licks on the SharpMaker (Fine Rods)

8. jazub

jazub Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Received my 1/4" Ratweiler. So much Radness. Just need a sheath and it is going on the next camping trip. :thumbup::thumbup:

9. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015
    [​IMG]

10. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
  11. MacLaren1

MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Nice blades fellas. Mr. Welke is working on a rig for my thick version and elof_alv is working on leather for my LE and mastiff. Can't wait to post pictures of all of those!

13. Snakebreaker

Feb 7, 2013
    Looking forward to seeing those man.

14. ScottsBad

ScottsBad Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2015
    tagged to watch

15. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Here's Mr. Welke's kydex with a drop loop :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  16. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    New and old
    [​IMG]

17. Snakebreaker

Feb 7, 2013
    Sweet sheath Hard Knocks. That's a keeper!

18. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Elof, the scales on that original RW are way cool. Are both of the new ones yours?

Thanks man! Al always does such nice work. I'm extra pleased with this one, though, it's just so nice and I've been wanting a kryptek pattern for awhile. I should have taken a picture of the back to show the drop attachment. He's got a good thing going with those, too.

19. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015
    Very nice HK, cool pattern on there too. :thumbup:

20. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Yup, one each 1/4 and 3/16