New TV Survival Show - Alone

I'm wondering how many of the initial 10 would volunteer going for another round?

Alan stated he found himself missing and wishing he was back out there.
Nobody has said it yet but I will. I think Alan will win for the simple fact that he's the only one there who's been married long enough to actually NOT miss being at home, ha ha!

Seriously hope my wife doesn't read that.

ok, I understand. (now):foot:

this is the only forum I go to, I do get on YouTube occasionally, and have seen some people swing a bit wide and a few go right off the tracks.

These guys have to expect that tho, any time you put yourself out there like that its going to happen.

I do like the show, and the thread so far has been IMO good.

I totally agree, I remember the hate people from Ultimate Survival Alaska was getting, they actually had real outdoors people competing for bragging rights. Granted they were compensated for the right to use their image on TV, but no where near $500K. I wonder if there was no monetary prize if some of the contestants would have still come out.

I totally agree, I remember the hate people from Ultimate Survival Alaska was getting, they actually had real outdoors people competing for bragging rights. Granted they were compensated for the right to use their image on TV, but no where near $500K. I wonder if there was no monetary prize if some of the contestants would have still come out.

I think the thing about this show for me is that a lot of these guys are Youtube survivalists, which if we're being honest, is fairly easy to be. You make videos in a patch of woods that you know inside and out, and are on familiar territory, so you know all your local edibles, animal movement patterns, etc. It's easy to become the master of your own domain and make yourself look super skilled, experienced, and competent to your Youtube audience because you can edit out that forty minutes you spent dicking around trying to get a fire going, and just leaving in that final ferro rod spark that caught in your tinder.

It's an entirely different matter to have to survive using your skillset in a situation and environment where your control and familiarity went from 100% to 0%. That's why Alone is compelling for me, these guys clearly weren't expecting their environment to be as hostile as it was. It's easy to think "Heh, I have a knife and a ferro rod, I can make fire ANYwhere!" Heh, yeah, we see how that worked out for them.

My money remains on Alan for being the last man standing.

Only 2 episodes left, 2 guys are suppose to tap out in tonight show.

We'll see who, but I have to imagine Sam is definitely one of them, he's eating the least and seems the most emotionally broke down right now. Alan I think will be one of the 2 remaining and I honestly think its a toss up between Lucas and Mitch as to the second person leaving.

One funny thing was, my girlfriend was sitting in the room with me while I was watching one episode, and she finally asked, "What the hell are you watching?"

So, I told her...a show were ten guys have to survive alone, etc. etc.

She said, "Really? They are more emo and cry more than the contestants in a beauty pageant!"

:D

One funny thing was, my girlfriend was sitting in the room with me while I was watching one episode, and she finally asked, "What the hell are you watching?"

So, I told her...a show were ten guys have to survive alone, etc. etc.

She said, "Really? They are more emo and cry more than the contestants in a beauty pageant!"

:D

LOL Yeah, my wife was saying the same thing about Lucas. "Good lord, is he crying again??? The guy should have brought tissues as one of his ten items!" Cracked me up.

Funny I see Lucas as the one enjoying himself, has the best shelter, is entertaining himself, doesn't complain a lot. Seems to me the other 3 are in worse shape. I think Alan and Sam are going home tonight. Mitch is a little harder to judge.. I don't think he's been very successful getting food. But he seems slow and steady.

Funny I see Lucas as the one enjoying himself, has the best shelter, is entertaining himself, doesn't complain a lot. Seems to me the other 3 are in worse shape. I think Alan and Sam are going home tonight. Mitch is a little harder to judge.. I don't think he's been very successful getting food. But he seems slow and steady.

Lucas's emotions swing back and forth it seems. That and he puts so much into each project he does, all it would take, is one failure and his spirit would be crushed. Or at least that the feeling I get watching him and why I don't think he won.

What I find interesting about Mitch is he by far gets the least amount of camera time. I don't know if its cause he was maybe deemed the least exciting to watch by the producers, or cause he's just plugging along getting it done without as much filming on his end, who knows.

I'd love to see what these guys would be capable of in that area working as a group. I'd imagine they'd thrive if they were able to pool together a list of 40 items for the group.

I think they've just spent more time on individuals per show, Mitch had quite a bit in a few episodes. I think it's actually better that way. I know a lot don't like it, but this way you get to experience the individual story rather than cutting back and forth like most reality shows and soap operas.

It's just be like fast paced vignettes if they were always cutting between the different situations.

You know, three could tap out tonight and then you have one final show where folks get together and celebrate and talk.

I think Lucas won and he decided to stay a couple more days. His wife came and joined him with a couple steaks, a six pack and a bottle of rum.

I have to admit that bringing family to the winner's survival location/camp would be interesting.

I think Lucas won and he decided to stay a couple more days. His wife came and joined him with a couple steaks, a six pack and a bottle of rum.

First to tap in tonight's episode, but he seemed happy/at peace with his decision.

Bit suprized with Sam sticking with it. Props to him.

Hell, his attitude at the end of the episode makes me think he might win it.

Really looking forward to next weeks episode.

The incoming weather looks really bad.... holy crap..... but who knows... my money is on Alan... but Sam's "Tough Nebraska Guy" attitude might just pull a Hail Mary.

The incoming weather looks really bad.... holy crap..... but who knows... my money is on Alan... but Sam's "Tough Nebraska Guy" attitude might just pull a Hail Mary.

I dont know, gave up pretty easy on the squirel, not sure, i think the "im a tough Nebraska guy" wasnt to convince anybody but himself.
Hope it works, seemed like he was talking himself into leaving.
I think it will be luck, and just who taps first, good on them for staying this long tho.

Lucas had the best woodcraft skills . His boat and shelter and 3 string Ukulele are stand-outs .

These last 4 guys are all winners .

Wow, very surprised that Lucas called it quits. It looked like he was really starting to get comfortable out there after he built that Yurt shelter and when he crafted the ukulele it seemed like he was in good spirits.

I completely understand Mitch's reason for leaving though. To be honest I don't think I would have ever even gone on the show if my mom was in the same situation.

Back