New Victorinox Outdoor Master?

MTB

I received a catalog from a popular knife dealer and it had a new fixed blade Victorinox in it that is apparently just coming out. The Outdoor Master. They come in a large 8 5/8” and a small 6” version. Both have full tangs, scandi grinds, and micarta handle scales. The steel is 1.4116 stainless. Isn’t that just there normal pocket knife steel? I think the large one looks good but I’m not sure the specs line up with the price. No matter what, its cool to see Victorinox coming out with new stuff like this!

Last edited:
Here is a crappy picture I tried to take of the knives. I scrubbed out anything that would I identify the seller. I can't find another photo of it anywhere yet.
YEZGwRJ.jpg

Well, a quick Google search yields some images. Nothing from Vic, only ones from dealers that I am not 100% confident are legitimate.

If they are real, they look neat. But I would wait until I see something more official from Vic or one of our supporting retailers.

Well, a quick Google search yields some images. Nothing from Vic, only ones from dealers that I am not 100% confident are legitimate.

If they are real, they look neat. But I would wait until I see something more official from Vic or one of our supporting retailers.

Same for me. Good looking knives. Classic and traditional. Like Victorinox.

I thought 1.4110 is the original steel SAKs used. Maybe 1.4116 is the newer/updated steel? Someone more enlightened will chime in.

This seller is most definitely legitimate, but I dont think its a supporting retailer here. I could be wrong, just playing it safe. They say Vic gave them the honor of premiering this knife, which is pretty cool for them. I assume thats why I didn't see any of the other pictures on the first couple pages when I searched this morning. I look forward to reading/watching folks opinions on these knives when they get into circulation.

This seller is most definitely legitimate, but I dont think its a supporting retailer here. I could be wrong, just playing it safe. They say Vic gave them the honor of premiering this knife, which is pretty cool for them. I assume thats why I didn't see any of the other pictures on the first couple pages when I searched this morning. I look forward to reading/watching folks opinions on these knives when they get into circulation.

They may very well be.

I see 3 sites selling it are from Germany, New Zealand, and Malaysia. So it's not an exclusive premiere and an, let's say, eclectic, series of sites to premiere it on.

Again, I would wait until they "get into circulation," as you say, to buy. I'm the suspicious type.

Reactions: MTB
I think it would be safe to say, since its 4 different countries, that each seller for one reason or another could have been chosen to premiere the knife in their country. I really don't know. Thats not that important though. All Im doing is passing on some info, that hasn't already been post here, about a possibly cool new knife from a fantastic company. I likely wont buy it no matter who the seller is. Im just happy to see Victorinox making more cool stuff and I know other Vic fans will be too!

I think it would be safe to say, since its 4 different countries, that each seller for one reason or another could have been chosen to premiere the knife in their country. I really don't know. Thats not that important though. All Im doing is passing on some info, that hasn't already been post here, about a possibly cool new knife from a fantastic company. I likely wont buy it no matter who the seller is. Im just happy to see Victorinox making more cool stuff and I know other Vic fans will be too!

I agree on many points, particularly the "possibly" part.

A Vic fixed blade like that would be cool. I hope it is a new Vic fixed blade and that I am 100% convinced that it is soon.

Not quite there yet.

Certainly a heavier Victorinox fixed blade appeals to me. I have plenty of knives and will wait to handle one in person if I decide to acquire one. My guess is that I probably will not buy regardless. I never purchased any of their newer hunter models that are larger than 111mm. I don't care for the Tek Lok. For the most part, my edc knives are getting smaller and I am more discriminating on my fixed blade purchases now. I have enough fixed blades that I never use. Never say never however.

Does Victorinox manufacture these? It would appear so?

Now, let's see Vic do a small pliers based multi-tool like a Leatherman Squirt.

Last edited:
Certainly a heavier Victorinox fixed blade appeals to me. I have plenty of knives and will wait to handle one in person if I decide to acquire one. My guess is that I probably will not buy regardless. I never purchased any of their newer hunter models that are larger than 111mm. I don't care for the Tek Lok. For the most part, my edc knives are getting smaller and I am more discriminating on my fixed blade purchases now. I have enough fixed blades that I never use. Never say never however.

Yes I’ve been saying that for years. I would love a Victorinox like a Leatherman Squirt!

Yeah. Not too fond of the tek lok. I always thought they were too bulky. A simple leather or leather and kydex loop sheath is my preference.

I know some of their apparel isnt made in Switzerland, but I can't see them letting someone else produce a blade with their name on it. In my mind that would taint the Victorinox name.

The idea of a smalled squirt sized Swisstool is fantastic. I would love to see that too. Hopefully this new fixed blade is just the start of Victorinox rolling out some new awesome items.

The listings I am seeing put this at ~$200 USD. Krupp 1.4116 and 1.4110 are nearly identical, so yes it is what is in the SAKs, HT'd to 55-57Rc as usual, comparable to a Mora in 12C27. Comes with a basic pancake kydex sheath with a firesteel attachment (rod included) and a sliding tensioner for the sheath, as well as a flopping nylon loop for belt-carry (no Tek-lok included, but the holes on the side are 1.5" o.c. to accommodate one). Other sites do claim "100% swiss-made" *shrug*

$200 can get you a nicer kydex sheath and a big jump in steel quality while maintaining micarta scales and a scandi grind. That's close to the price of a 3V LT Wright Genesis.

Yeah. Not too fond of the tek lok. I always thought they were too bulky. A simple leather or leather and kydex loop sheath is my preference...
It doesn't come with a Tek-lok, and there are alternatives to that device. E.g. these locking belt-clips (shown in one orientation mounted to one of my sheath adapter products)

AxTMXRQ.jpg
HVNotUn.jpg
Gl4LZX8.jpg

I know it doesnt come with one. I was just reaffirming what 22-rimfire said. Its nice that it gives you options though.

The listings I am seeing put this at ~$200 USD. Krupp 1.4116 and 1.4110 are nearly identical, so yes it is what is in the SAKs, HT'd to 55-57Rc as usual, comparable to a Mora in 12C27. Comes with a basic pancake kydex sheath with a firesteel attachment (rod included) and a sliding tensioner for the sheath, as well as a flopping nylon loop for belt-carry (no Tek-lok included, but the holes on the side are 1.5" o.c. to accommodate one). Other sites do claim "100% swiss-made" *shrug*

$200 can get you a nicer kydex sheath and a big jump in steel quality while maintaining micarta scales and a scandi grind. That's close to the price of a 3V LT Wright Genesis.

$200.00 with that steel? If I was drinking coffee, it would have been spit all over the screen by now. HaHaHa

Thank you. You answered my question. Yeah, its not worth it if thats basically their standard steel. Knock $100 off that price and it would be more appealing.

Agree that $200 is getting into specialty steels area. For $150 you could get a Fallkniven S1 in VG-10. For $220 you can get A2, CPM154, S35VN, etc. Plus, tons of quality carbon knives well under $150. And knives like the Mora Garberg under $80.

The Victorinox are good looking knives but at least $50 overpriced at $200. Seems out if character for the brand. For $20-$25 you can get a heck of a good value in a SAK folder. At $100 they would sell like hot cakes.

It’s the dealer in the Smokey Mountains

It’s not my thing but it looks nice and much better in the catalog
Figured. I imagine that they are Vic's #1 US dealer. They carry all of their knives. I am hoping to visit during their Manufacturer's rep days later this fall. A Vic rep is usually there. Got my Spartan from the Rep (free)... hand assembled by me and the rep at the store.

My problem with the Tek Lok is that it pushes the knife further away from your body. My Spydie Moran is set up that way. That was the first and last knife with a Tech Lok.

The cost is a bit high that was mentioned. But Vic has a fabulous name. They will sell but likely not in vast quantities.

Back