New Victorinox Outdoor Master?

...My problem with the Tek Lok is that it pushes the knife further away from your body. My Spydie Moran is set up that way. That was the first and last knife with a Tech Lok...
Totally a tangent, but I wonder if my UKE with or even one of the clips I posted above would suit you better, if you still have any knives with plastic/kydex sheaths... I'm not a big fan of the tek-lok because of how WIDE it is - i want my belt-loop to be <1.5" wide. For comfort, leather is the way to go :thumbsup: but for easy on/off, there are narrower clips that can do a decent job.

Nessmuk knockoffs!! Are they gonna pay George Washington Sears the royalties?--KV

Totally a tangent, but I wonder if my UKE with or even one of the clips I posted above would suit you better, if you still have any knives with plastic/kydex sheaths... I'm not a big fan of the tek-lok because of how WIDE it is - i want my belt-loop to be <1.5" wide. For comfort, leather is the way to go :thumbsup: but for easy on/off, there are narrower clips that can do a decent job.
Are those for sale somewhere? What is the purpose of the length of those UKE's. Seems like half would cover the need? Added: I see you sell them. Looks like I would like better..... I like dangler type vertical fixed blade sheaths.

Pass.
I'll stick with my SAK "Huntsman" and Mora 511.
I know they'll do everything I need a knife for out in the boonies and/or sticks.

Why spend $200 (plus tax and shipping) for something that isn't as versatile or proven in the field l as what I have?
(not to memtion I can't afford $200 for a knife. That money will buy a couple hundred .530 lead balls, a couple pounds of FFg powder, a tin of caps, some patching material and patch lube. Or a dozen good fixed blade broadheads. :) )

yeah, for that amount of $, I would rather have a mora kansbol & a skrama and still be able to add this marttiini traditional lynx to the mix

MN129010a.jpg

Are those for sale somewhere? What is the purpose of the length of those UKE's. Seems like half would cover the need? Added: I see you sell them. Looks like I would like better..... I like dangler type vertical fixed blade sheaths.
The UKE's are an invention of mine, something I started making to lower the carry height for kydex sheaths. I make'm long so that most handle pommels are right at the top of the belt when using G-clips or tek-loks but can also ride lower, and with dangler-carry all you need is a bit of cord and you can adjust the height where you see fit and don't have to worry about the balance of the handle. BUT it can always be cut shorter as a user pleases ;) If you follow the link in my signature, there are images of various heights that it can ride and a link to a imgur album with more.

The locking clips are hard to find but if your problem with a Tek-lok is the wide footprint and how far away it holds the sheath then these or an AB3 clip might satisfy. That all assumes you're using kydex/plastic. A nice leather sheath is a wonderful thing and often way more appropriate, imho. I suspect Victorinox of cutting even more costs with this fixed blade by not using leather. *shrug* Perhaps on a future release.

hmm, victorinox has certainly taken radical steps with products reflecting current trends.
well, best of luck to them on this venture...
its nice, but nothing exceptional or radical
about it for one to hop wildly about.
just my 2 cents.
lbze5aba1566285853-300x373.jpg

hmm, victorinox has certainly taken radical steps with products reflecting current trends.
well, best of luck to them on this venture...
its nice, but nothing exceptional or radical
about it for one to hop wildly about.
just my 2 cents.
lbze5aba1566285853-300x373.jpg
Totally agree. With the ho-hum steel it would have to sell a lot cheaper even for fans of the brand. At least it is a very practical design and looks like typical Victorinox quality construction. Those characteristics could carry it to $120 max.

Specialty steel has never been the attraction to SAK so I don’t think a super steel is the way to go for them either to justify $200. The current design looks on line with their brand, just that the price is not typical if the brand.

It's a Muela Peccary:
iw0P4mG.jpg

Most brands have their own interpretation of a certain pattern. When talking about the F1, people used to compare it to the Muela Colibrí.

Even though I am from Spain and Muela is a Spanish manufacturer, I only own one of their fixed blade knives (Cazorla, stag handle, leather sheath, gifted as my first fixed blade knife). I have handled a Muela folder (cast aluminium scales) and it was the WORST folder I had ever seen (at the time). I also had the chance to sharpen the Muela Scoropion (black blade, intended for military roles) and the grinds and edge thickness were quite inapropiate. But that was loooooooong time ago. Leather sheaths are supperb though.

Years later they started improving their designs a little and I am certain they have a few models I wouldn't mind owning now.

Back to the topic of the Victorinox fixed blade... I think that one is truly expensive for what you get. I don't think I would buy one.

Mikel

...Specialty steel has never been the attraction to SAK..don’t think a super steel is the way to go for them either to justify $200....the price is not typical if the brand.
i figure that would be the general impression for this particular victorinox...
just doesn't make sense to try and take on
other brands who have had a head start and at times more attractively priced.
victorinox must truly be banking on the
vast popularity of its brand name to
make it a commercial success...

Reactions: MTB
...Even though I am from Spain and Muela is a Spanish manufacturer, I only own one of their fixed blade knives...
the Victorinox fixed blade... is truly expensive for what you get. I don't think I would buy one.

Mikel

funny you should mention muela.
victorinox use to list muela fixed blades
in their catalogs for years.
i m just wondering if this new victorinox
fixed blade is not something oemed by muela ?!

It's a Muela Peccary:
iw0P4mG.jpg
As a matter of fact, I think you are spot on! That little one, the "victorinox master mic s", just copying/pasting from a site:
Handle material: Micarta (Black/Blue)
Blade Steel: 1.4116 (stainless steel)
Blade length: 70mm Blade thickness: 3.0mm
Blade hardness: 56-57 HRC
Total length: 155mm
Net weight: 80 g
Manufactured in Spain
Includes: Kydex sheath
Expected Date:
4th October 2019
Muela Peccary:
muela-cuchillo-peccary-negro-8m-1.jpg

muela-cuchillo-peccary-negro-8m-1_01.jpg

Victorinox:
3dd1d4da83b91de9beb7e830874ca223e8fe3480.jpg

Vnox_4_2262_Pouch.jpg

fwiw, it's now a 'thing' for companies to introduce products at double the price they want to actually sell it at...
this establishes a 'quality' perception, and then they either reduce map pricing or just outright drop pricing a few months later to actually move a lot of them

it wouldn't surprise me if vic is doing things like this; all the young 'marketing execs/vp' types are jumping onto the bandwagon

As a matter of fact, I think you are spot on! That little one, the "victorinox master mic s", just copying/pasting from a site:

Close but... not exacly. Check the swedge AND the grind. The Muela is clearly high hollow ground while the Victorinox is scandi (short flat saber ground). Steel for the Peccary is listed as MOVA, while the Vic has 1.4116. They could be the same steel with different names?

Could be the same blank with different grinds on the blade? Maybe... but as they sit now, they are NOT the same knife.

Mikel

Back