• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

No Knife :-(

Sent on 8/6/15 @ 10:12 PM CST from Ian Hall

I'll do my very best to have it out by tomorrow or saturday. I was a bit backlogged but am starting another run of leather work first thing tomorrow morning.

Could you please confirm your shipping address?

On Aug 6, 2015 6:27 AM, "Tom Hoaglund" <thoaglund@cox.net> wrote:

Hi,
Could you update me on the shipping status of my order please?
Thank you!
Tom

Yes, if I had gotten all this stuff shipped by that planned leather batch, this thread wouldn't have even been started. We've already covered that repeatedly. I did a single exploratory sale here on BF, after that my back went to hell in handbasket. I'm now quitting full time knifemaking because I can't do this any more properly. I have not made a new knife or done any heat treatment for months. I've finished out a small handful of HT'ed and finished blanks that I had left over on my rack, and I am inactive as of right now.

I was referring to the communications you've sent since my last posts here. I haven't heard from you since before then... until I got the dispute notification this evening, which I responded to in less than 30min.

Just refund my money. I refuse to accept any responsibility for your not communicating with me or shipping my order. You've had my money since July for a completed knife that needed a sheath. Once you have the payment it is your responsibility to keep your customers informed. If I was to use this thread as my reference my knife would have been shipped by the 18th. Obviously it wasn't. I refuse to have sympathy for a vendor that has overcomitted and then doesn't own that and notify all his customers about what is going on. I shouldn't have to hunt down a thread in the good, the bad, and the ugly to learn the status of my order of a completed knife.

Just refund my money. I refuse to accept any responsibility for your not communicating with me or shipping my order. You've had my money since July for a completed knife that needed a sheath. Once you have the payment it is your responsibility to keep your customers informed. If I was to use this thread as my reference my knife would have been shipped by the 18th. Obviously it wasn't. I refuse to have sympathy for a vendor that has overcomitted and then doesn't own that and notify all his customers about what is going on. I shouldn't have to hunt down a thread in the good, the bad, and the ugly to learn the status of my order of a completed knife.

I wasn't trying to blame anything, I was simply saying that I can't ignore messages I haven't yet read. A quick look at my profile would have shown that I hadn't been back on BF to see them. BF's notification system doesn't work. You can also request read receipt for PM's here if I recall.

I posted contact info in this thread, and my website is in my signature with the same contact info, including my personal cell number if it comes to that.

I'd love to refund you right now and be done with this, except you opted to escalate the dispute to a claim after I'd already been in contact and agreed to refund you promptly, so now it is in paypal's hands. When I logged in and started the process, instead of allowing me to refund you from the funds already in my account which were sufficient, they now want it to come directly from my bank account. I will have to make a deposit, once it is cleared then they will force the payment via eCheck which can take as much as a week from the time of initiation in my experience.

I will post proof it has been initiated within 72hrs but after that it is in paypal's hands.

Edit: I'll call paypal when they open and see if they can force it through manually, but that's pretty much my only recourse. Disputes leave some flexibility for buyer and seller, claims are strictly by paypal's rules.

Also, I have been in contact with Ulf and we are at resolution for the moment, I will post an update when applicable.

I will return to confirm this refund and last material shipment, but I reiterate for any who missed it, direct email is the fastest and most reliable way to contact me. I only visit forums and social media occasionally these days as typing is not my favorite any more, and my eyes seem to be getting less tolerant of glowing screens by the day.

Last edited:
Still waiting here for materials. Probably should have just got the refund last time talked to him.

Im good Rev if just wanna close. Can figure things out with him or PP if dont receive them soon. Done waiting.

Back