"No matter what" buys?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Charlie Mike, Feb 23, 2018.

1. A.S.

A.S. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Marcin Slysz Mouse 2.

Voidz, Low_rez and PinkmagicK like this.
  2. - SpyderMan -

- SpyderMan - Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2015
    Infidu, among quite a few other Busse(kin) knives.

3. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    A5235E70-59D1-496C-A48C-E4CCA0EF2541.jpeg AD32E152-2BD9-47AD-AE62-ECAAD9047BC6.jpeg F3082A76-AA93-4E5D-A44D-43E2E1162379.jpeg CEM Maniago lobster with flush cutting curved jaw cuticle nipper. Not made since the early ‘50’s. Only pocket cuticle nipper worthy of the name. If you are still tearing out your hangnails by the roots, check these out. The SAK MAX does not have a cuticle tool.

anthonycastorena2014 and A.L. like this.
  4. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar

Sep 1, 2016
    Boy, oh, boy. I don't think there is one. I've passed on several "dream knives" because they were too pricey.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Filoso, matt009au and Lapedog like this.
  5. Beansandcarrots

Beansandcarrots

Apr 15, 2014
    If/when they make a Maxamet Shaman, I’m throwing down instantly. Not actually a massive fan of many Spyderco options, which sucks—I feel like I’m missing out—but that Shaman though? The way they contoured that G10, the compression lock, thicker blade stocker, pb washers, and just an absurd steel. Mm! Gimme!

anthonycastorena2014 and TravisL like this.
  6. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Gso 4.7, Busse TGM infi and CPK UF for sure.

7. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Busse gemini crusader. Missed out on it by a day

8. Popsickle

Popsickle

Jul 25, 2010
    New re-release Microtech socom. I purchased it several days ago.

Also did this with the G&G Hawk MUDD auto that should be delivered soon. I saw the email within minutes and sent in a deposit for my place in line, even went as far as to request early payment so I wouldn’t have to plan later.

I like Emerson knives but don’t like 154cm....... if any of their more popular models become readily available in s35vn(not talking exclusives)

marrenmiller, Charlie Mike and DJC72 like this.
  9. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Yes this is a nice one I wouldn't mind having myself. :thumbsup:

10. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Busse Ash1, that’s it

11. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Right now my eye has been caught by the Bark River Mini Rogue, I have the larger one, but the smaller looks handy. Plus it would not look bad on a belt around camp.

12. JBradley500

JBradley500

Dec 23, 2015
    A CF/m390 Bugout or if ZT did their own (aka: cheaper) version of the Shirogorov 111.

13. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Zip.

14. BabyPot

BabyPot

Feb 18, 2016
    Busse Hellrazor in INFI

OilMan likes this.
  15. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Gold Member

Dec 25, 2012
    No, I don't have any real "buy on sight" type knives. I wish I did, it would be nice to have that kind of enthusiasm about a knife.

16. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    This is kinda where I fall. Not deep enough into this hobby vs my other hobbies. Love what I have and always enjoy buying and using, but no real "grail" so to speak. My must buys usually fall into the "amazing deal" from a dealer or on the exchange that is too good to pass up, often in the pseudo-impulse style of "I kinda wanted this... can't say no now!" variety. Maybe one day I will find my white whale... errr knife... :D

Btw, I do enjoy the hell out of watching the enthusiasm of you guys finding your "one" and the ensuing pics!

NJBillK likes this.
  17. Cvrobinson

Cvrobinson Going to hell, I’ll be back, anyone need anything Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2017
    I set a cap of 100 pocket knives years ago. Now to want one I have to give one up.
    I want a lionsteel roundhead, wish I knew exactly which one, damm them, why do they all look so nice.
    A month ago, I thought I didn't want a spyderco anything, now I have 5.
    I can't be trusted to know what I want.

NJBillK and Deinos like this.
  18. ourgon

ourgon

Feb 27, 2013
    Emerson with triadlock and S35VN steel.

Charlie Mike likes this.
  19. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Nothing specific, but I will snatch up every nice Barlow with saw cut bone handles that I run across.

willard0341 likes this.
  20. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    I don't have one in particular, but I would be very tempted by a LNIB ZT 301.