. No reason to ever carry a knife!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't read it if you don't like it. Not the same article, no politics involved, comprehension is your friend.....well, maybe not your friend.
This subject has turned up before and these threads always go sideways, gets closed or end up in another subforum.

As Bladescout has pointed out, its been done to death. There are so many problems with discussing this, either take it to politics or W&C, but if you think it should belong here in General, you don't grasp the situation.
Also, and I alone in abject hatred of the phrase "god given right" it just makes no sense to me, and at worst is an appeal to authority fallacy of the highest order. Anyway, I think the rails are somewhere in the rear-veiw.. WEEEE

Sounds like a collector who likes knives took a chance that something of semi-good quality was in there, but found out they were all cheap And low quality junk, and threw them away. Or maybe the persons could not sharpen them, "oh well, I do not have my sharpening system in my pocket." :rolleyes: Just seeing the irony in this, not trying to belittle any crime or incident.

I guess anything is a political policy if you look at it that way, maybe I should change my screen background to black so you don't accuse me of being racist too. I was merely posting the article pointing out the box being stolen and find it staggering that you'd get as butthurt as you have and feel the need to moderate others posts. BFD.
You seem quite angry. The rules of the site also encourage you to discuss the topic and not other members. If you're unable to do that, maybe signing off is your best option.

Everyone needs to live in a padded pod, with a feeding tube and air shaft, complemented with a waste jettison hatch. Add an internet connection and peephole.
LMFAO!! That's some funny shit right there now!

Don't read it if you don't like it. Not the same article, no politics involved, comprehension is your friend.....well, maybe not your friend.
You knew it would be controversial before you started the thread.
I’m from the UK and the subject is indeed done to death in one form or another over the years.
You won’t find my actual opinion on it as it’s a waste of time

It's always problematic to comment on something that you're not directly affected or involved in. As far as I can tell it is largely a London problem, and at that it's a problem in areas that already have social issues. The knives used have been largely cheap kitchen knives anyway, and when it became more difficult to use those Gangmembers moved to using acid as a weapon. The Mayor is simply doing what a lot of politicians seem to be doing: Put bandaids on something that would require more work something doesn't immediate come with good PR from the majority of the people who don't look further into an issue and just go by what the Daily Mail/Sun tells them.
Knife crime as a whole is a problem in Europe here, in part because a knife can be used as a weapon and is an easy go to choice for criminals while at the same time it's simple something the news can easily latch on to simply because 99.99999% of the time a knife is used as a tool but when it is used as a weapon in a crime it is so unusual that it is news worthy. Since nobody would read a million articles on a million websites reading "Men cut carpet to size using boxcutter" or "Neighbor opens package with swiss army knife". But that once a month incident about a stabbing that gets clicks.
As people said it before, knives aren't the problem, the people using them wrong are the problem, and solving their problems would be a lot more difficult than just banning the tool of choice.

Get your German nuance outa here this is an American board and we Americans don't do nuance. :eek::cool:

I guess anything is a political policy if you look at it that way, maybe I should change my screen background to black so you don't accuse me of being racist too. I was merely posting the article pointing out the box being stolen and find it staggering that you'd get as butthurt as you have and feel the need to moderate others posts. BFD.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything but the policy is entirely political in nature as one can use any pointy sharpish thing and make them by the hundreds or thousands. With that said breaking into the box is likely done because someone was bored more than anything. As a woodworker and someone interested in edged things like knives or axes, handplanes and chisels because they are useful or just fun, a sharp bandsaw blade could do horrific damage if cut into pieces.

Anyway the policy is window dressing to feed a public which is purposefully driven to fear, not safety, and the article points out just how silly this all is. No big deal really as the UK government (like ours) creates demons to its advantage.

But back to blade stuff...

Everyone needs to live in a padded pod, with a feeding tube and air shaft, complemented with a waste jettison hatch. Add an internet connection and peephole.

the-matrix-pods.jpg

Sure, that would work.

n2s

The government does not want you to be self sufficient. It wants to protect you, not protect yourself.

The only cowards I see, are the wussies who are afraid of knives, when 99.9% of knife usage is for opening boxes. Its stupid and speaks volumes of the citizens who allow their rights to be squashed into the ground.

It's the UK, so... really what can be said of that once great nation at this point? While some actually point to the UK as some sort of example we in the US should follow, I view it a perfect example of a country NOT to follow (insert Orwell quote, who was a Britt, here...) and don't give a damn what they do at this point. I fear they are too far gone to ever realize the error of their ways here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back