No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVEN IF the virus is exactly as deadly as the flu BY PERCENTAGE OF PEOPLE WHO CATCH IT, COVID-19 is 10x as virulent, which means it spreads exponentially faster, which means DRAMATICALLY more people will get it AND DRAMATICALLY more will die. Note that this is the actual appropriate use of the word "exponential", not the stupid diluted use that people often use to mean "gee, I think a lot".

A flu case typically spreads to ~1.4 other people.
A COVID-19 case typically spreads to ~14 other people (and then they all spread it to 14 etc.)
At the peak, 800 people were dying of this every day in New York City - where my parents live (they got out in time) and which was my home for a decade.
They have brought in refrigerated trailers for the bodies because the morgues were overwhelmed weeks ago. One trailer's refrigeration unit failed...

So if you're casual about protection, you are putting other people's lives at risk. My late partner's adopted mother died of it two weeks ago. In my entire life, I've never known anyone who died of the flu. Obviously areas of low human density are at lower risk just because people are more distant from one another more of the time, but any apartment-type living arrangement is in serious peril.

Please do NOT form your own opinion. Listen to the experts, for Life's sake, and behave in a sensible manner. It's not merely about you. It's about cooperating as a nation to not kill off all of our elders and other vulnerable people.

Also, an excuse to make Lemonade in spite of the insanity.
And if anyone knows what 100% cotton camo ripstop fabric (by the yard) is easy to breath through, please do let me know.

IMG_20200522_134614-small.jpg
Part of my job is approving monetary death benefit payments. I can say without bias, there has been a significant uptick. I’m happy for you if you live in a part of the world where this hasn’t exploded. You’ve been lucky. Near a major metropolitan area myself, this thing has been no joke. Also, it’s called Coronavirus or covid19, not the flu, and not the Chinese virus. Can we leave politics and racism off the board?

Seriously, stay safe, all. :thumbsup:

It really is a cool blade. Look forward to using it.

looks like a spoon carving monster -- especially the UHC version.
I believe mine is the cheaper version. They also make one that has deer hide, etc, on the sheath. It seems it was planned as a moose skinning knife.

They also make a Roselli Grandmother.

Super stoked. Just purchased a stove for a song on ePrey. I've seen these go for $1,125.00, and I just purchased it, buy it now, for less than $70. Rare stove, made for the military on an experimental basis.

Super stoked. Just purchased a stove for a song on ePrey. I've seen these go for $1,125.00, and I just purchased it, buy it now, for less than $70. Rare stove, made for the military on an experimental basis.

Looking forward to before&after pix!

Hard to find any info on this stove. I've only found two others out there thus far, and hardly any info.

Yes. More than likely they mean white gas, or, at least, that's what I'll run in it. Some stoves are dual fuel, but unleaded gas leaves the stoves in a nasty state. Probably why in the warning label they talk about getting the carbon cleaned up. Also, I won't do what the instructions want you to do. I won't tilt the unit to get fuel in the spirit cup, I'll use denatured alcohol that burns clean, and won't leave a sooty mess.

Last edited:
I'll let you try taming that little project while I watch from a safe distance. If it were me, Murphy would show up, sure as clockwork.

Storms rolled through last night. Lots of lightening. Lots of thunder.

Got woken up by a big boom about 1:30 a.m. A minute later a bigger flash and boom made me duck. I thought a transformer blew out on the street light by the front of our house. Then I realized there isn't a transformer on that light pole.

Found bark on the sidewalk when I got home tonight and went out to check the mail.

Turned and found the tree about 15 feet outside our bedroom window like this...

3OHHiIY.jpg

bFQM1AZ.jpg

The bark is blown off completely around the trunk in that second pic, and the line coming down is actually a crack.

I'm guessing that's why it was so loud.

New sprint Bareknuckle on the Kershaw site now. Looks cool.

Storms rolled through last night. Lots of lightening. Lots of thunder.

Got woken up by a big boom about 1:30 a.m. A minute later a bigger flash and boom made me duck. I thought a transformer blew out on the street light by the front of our house. Then I realized there isn't a transformer on that light pole.

Found bark on the sidewalk when I got home tonight and went out to check the mail.

Turned and found the tree about 15 feet outside our bedroom window like this...

3OHHiIY.jpg

bFQM1AZ.jpg

The bark is blown off completely around the trunk in that second pic, and the line coming down is actually a crack.

I'm guessing that's why it was so loud.
I’m glad you’re ok. I have a tree that’s a little too close to my house for comfort. I want to have it taken down but my wife loves it. It’s a maple that’s got to be around 70 years old.

Yow, Dunk!
Yeah, that tree is done. Maybe it's cool inside now? Or hot? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back