No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready for some more scenic pics? I'm giving my legs quite the workout here. Where I live they have the second to largest hill in the whole province at 48m above sea level. This is another cup of tea. A 10 mile hike at home is a breeze. In Austria, not so much. But the reward you're getting is so worthwhile.

Here's some more...
NSl83lb.jpg

Gf for scale
aI9ZlAq.jpg

veeAo2H.jpg

B9s5hiS.jpg

duwB5V2.jpg

wZqxoYr.jpg

I9R5rUg.jpg

DIReusf.jpg

hj3MXAK.jpg

9v5dBlV.jpg

gqOKxLE.jpg

jjvs9JK.jpg

f5AgECq.jpg

df7eCU2.jpg

4q4TXzD.jpg

gBwJLee.jpg

KyOdXQt.jpg

vNI6nAR.jpg

0xzKAFx.jpg

xzlALc2.jpg

Some highlights of the last two days. Tomorrow will be a resting day guys :D

Fantastic pictures. Looks like paradise!

Ready for some more scenic pics? I'm giving my legs quite the workout here. Where I live they have the second to largest hill in the whole province at 48m above sea level. This is another cup of tea. A 10 mile hike at home is a breeze. In Austria, not so much. But the reward you're getting is so worthwhile.

Here's some more...
NSl83lb.jpg

Gf for scale
aI9ZlAq.jpg

veeAo2H.jpg

B9s5hiS.jpg

duwB5V2.jpg

wZqxoYr.jpg

I9R5rUg.jpg

DIReusf.jpg

hj3MXAK.jpg

9v5dBlV.jpg

gqOKxLE.jpg

jjvs9JK.jpg

f5AgECq.jpg

df7eCU2.jpg

4q4TXzD.jpg

gBwJLee.jpg

KyOdXQt.jpg

vNI6nAR.jpg

0xzKAFx.jpg

xzlALc2.jpg

GORGEOUS SCENERY! Looks to be time well spent :thumbsup::thumbsup: Enjoy your rest :thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks much for sharing :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think I had a mini tornado in my backyard around 7pm tonight. Blew my 300lb 10x10 gazebo right over my 6ft fence. Crazy!
Very CRAZY!
Crazy ass weather. I saw a short video of the tornado. They said it was on the ground for about a minute. It was a skinny tornado, that stretched across the sky before hitting the ground.
You guys stay safe :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stay safe my friend. Don't hang out at the car wash. ;)

That's one think we don't have here, although we do get remnants from them, from time to time.

Haha! Noted!

The houses here are pretty flimsy due to high cost of materials. I usually put my valuables in my truck under the carport.

Funny story, the designated emergency building is the elementary school. It’s three feet above sea level! Somebody didn’t think that one through...

Stay safe in those tornado areas guys.

I'm not sure what's going on here in the Austrian alps buts they predicted a week of rain, thunderstorms and whatnot but apart for some fog we've had nothing but sunshine. The owner of the guesthouse we're staying in already said the weather here was predictably unpredictable. I guess that summed it up quite correctly.

I should read up on some of the threads here but damn. Some of you guys as impressed as I am with the bk62? The attention to detail, the cutting performance... I mean, I love my other Beckers but these don't come close to what I'm experiencing with the 62?

Here we go again! I hope it goes by instead of through...

It doesn't often go through. Tho there was that time in 2018...
Nautilus was trying to get in and out of Honolulu in between those storms, and kept having to hide behind the Big Island.

Stay safe in those tornado areas guys.
I should read up on some of the threads here but damn. Some of you guys as impressed as I am with the bk62? The attention to detail, the cutting performance... I mean, I love my other Beckers but these don't come close to what I'm experiencing with the 62?

The 62 is excellent. All function. It's a different idea.
I dug it so much I made 7. Nope, 8. Nope, 9.

Last edited:

Here's some more...
NSl83lb.jpg

Gf for scale
aI9ZlAq.jpg

veeAo2H.jpg

B9s5hiS.jpg

duwB5V2.jpg

wZqxoYr.jpg

I9R5rUg.jpg

DIReusf.jpg

hj3MXAK.jpg

9v5dBlV.jpg

gqOKxLE.jpg

jjvs9JK.jpg

f5AgECq.jpg

df7eCU2.jpg

4q4TXzD.jpg

gBwJLee.jpg

KyOdXQt.jpg

vNI6nAR.jpg

0xzKAFx.jpg

xzlALc2.jpg

That looks like one if those places you go to visit and end up just staying!

That looks like one if those places you go to visit and end up just staying!

I honestly thought about this a few times.
I'd be ripped too from covering all the height difference here :D.
Ain't nobody got time for getting ripped. So here's some ham.
9pxyRPN.jpg

And some more scenery?
yBfnJqL.jpg

TABkTU5.jpg

wVuNSz6.jpg

The water was absolutely freezing :eek:
Dfpr7Lv.jpg

NPhY4YY.jpg

Zg2a7aa.jpg

Who likes some museum pics? The town I'm staying actually has an early Celtic culture named after it: the Hallstatt culture. They got rich through salt trading. Tons of graves were discovered with some nice bronze age items. Thought you guys might like the swords and axeheads. In particular I liked a small knife design they had several examples of. They are all bent inward. I'd like to see a modern iteration of this, but I'm not sure of the use. Cutting grasses? Mostly pull cuts I suppose?
DaNbpVi.jpg

XrRyh4I.jpg

VIt82qZ.jpg

Today's our last day. Nothing much planned, we'll see. Thanks for looking guys.

Edit: daizee daizee those are super nice man!

Last edited:
Yeah in retrospect... Maybe I'll do some highlights, dunno. It seems a bit redundant now

I second warriors idea.

I really only look at this thread when im bored and nothing else to do. Pages go by without me even noticing. So there may be some others like me that dont bother much with this thread. They will get an enjoyment out of hearing all you have to share and the pictures of course.

A thread with your previous posts on the trip along with the future posts covering the whole trip would be nice.

I second warriors idea.

I really only look at this thread when im bored and nothing else to do. Pages go by without me even noticing. So there may be some others like me that dont bother much with this thread. They will get an enjoyment out of hearing all you have to share and the pictures of course.

A thread with your previous posts on the trip along with the future posts covering the whole trip would be nice.

Thanks, I'll see what I can come up with. There's plenty of pics that's for sure. Maybe I'll put in some more text too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back