• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

Too much fun. First off, I'm not Gene. If you read my previous post, I have just recently met him. We live close. I had no idea of his past short comings but after I bought a couple of knives from him, we began talking about his past. He told me about allot of the things you guys are talking about. Though I've only known him a short time, he seems very genuine on making things right to those he has wronged. I base my judgment on that. The knives that I have from "Nocturnal" are bad ass. I have cut multiple blanks for him in my shop, so I know he is working. I'm sorry that you guys have had bad experiences in the past, but all I know is how he is trying to make up for it. So hold a grudge if you must, but my personal experiences have been great!

So, your not just a customer, but also a supplier that works with "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal. Got it.

BTW, does Jeff / Ivan / whoeverheiscallinghimselfnow use the name "gene" in public now? According to "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan, "gene" was just an alias that he hid behind to obscure the Karg / Jeff Carte connection with Nocturnal.

Finally, I am not sure how holding a thief accountable is holding a grudge. During the height of Nocturnal he never once tried to make restitution to the people he stole from while doing business as Karg. He actually defrauded MORE people as Nocturnal. I really don't buy that "he is trying to make up for it." I find it much more likely that he is trying to start the same scam for the third time. I see no evidence that he has changed, and find no reason to give him another chance to rip off more people.

Last edited:
So, your not just a customer, but also a supplier that works with "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal. Got it.

BTW, does Jeff / Ivan / whoeverheiscallinghimselfnow use the name "gene" in public now? According to "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan, "gene" was just an alias that he hid behind to obscure the Karg / Jeff Carte connection with Nocturnal.

Finally, I am not sure how holding a thief accountable is holding a grudge. During the height of Nocturnal he never once tried to make restitution to the people he stole from while doing business as Karg. He actually defrauded MORE people as Nocturnal. I really don't buy that "he is trying to make up for it." I find it much more likely that he is trying to start the same scam for the third time.
I only know him as gene. And I'm not a supplier. I just happen to have a 4k fiber laser at my shop and have burned some blanks for him from time to time. He brings in his own material and CAD drawings and I burn them. And again, I only know what he tells me and he has been genuine with me (I hope)

Sounds very interesting. I'd love to see a photo of your shop laser.
I have a video and pics of the knife blanks. Not sure how to upload pics on here. It is a 2017 Amada 4k fiber laser. I will say that the 3V he brought in was .313 thick and it was tough to cut. Even before heat treat. I think it ran at 7 inches which is slow. How can I upload pics?

Jeff Carte, otherwise known as "The Sun", Karg Knives, etc.
Otherwise known as the guy who stole my Strider SmF when I sent it to him for a new scale...
Otherwise known as complete scum who can rot in the deepest level of hell.

Jeff Carte, otherwise known as "The Sun", Karg Knives, etc.
Otherwise known as the guy who stole my Strider SmF when I sent it to him for a new scale...
Otherwise known as complete scum who can rot in the deepest level of hell.
I can't believe it's the same dude that I know.

But... but... but... that wasn't "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal. It was someone else. "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal would never use a sock puppet. LOL!

I just took a look at "gene" / Jeff Carte / Ivan / Nocturnal / whoeverheiscallinghimselfnow Instagram page. He is actively posting again. However, he has all the comments turned off. Classy.

Got a DM from Nocturnal stating that my knife will be good to go this week, evidently there was an issue with whomever he uses for HT. Will post updates. Hopefully they're positive ones. Honestly I just want my damn knives back.

Back