• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

Any word on being made right? He's been incommunacto with me and I'll be traveling through the SW USA next month. I'm sick of his S**t. Hope you're reading this, Karg, I mean, Carte, I mean Gene...

Any word on being made right? He's been incommunacto with me and I'll be traveling through the SW USA next month. I'm sick of his S**t. Hope you're reading this, Karg, I mean, Carte, I mean Gene...
f
Would definitely recommend making a stop by his place, I was going to about a month ago until I had to cancel my trip to that area.

I made a deal with him to take one of his fixed blades in exchange for losing my knife and forgiving the cash paid for modifying it. However, that was a few weeks ago and I have not seen anything yet. He told me that the knife was being worked on by a sheath maker. I'm going to give it 1-2 more weeks then I'll tell him to just send it without a sheath.

I made a deal with him to take one of his fixed blades in exchange for losing my knife and forgiving the cash paid for modifying it. However, that was a few weeks ago and I have not seen anything yet. He told me that the knife was being worked on by a sheath maker. I'm going to give it 1-2 more weeks then I'll tell him to just send it without a sheath.
That's exactly what I did. No comms whatsoever since. If you get some play out of this let me know your strategy so I can apply it.

havent posted in awhile, but i followed his new page on IG. and we worked a deal on a FFTS .300 7005 AL scales etc.
he sent and delivered as promised. got it today. and it is AWESOME
have faith those expecting a package.

d1jS8UXr.jpg
Got the knife he promised

d1jS8UXr.jpg
Got the knife he
promised

Daaaamn. Didn't see that coming. Hopefully he follows up with me as well. I'm curious as to what you think of the knife. Do you intend to start a thread about it at some point?

Daaaamn. Didn't see that coming. Hopefully he follows up with me as well. I'm curious as to what you think of the knife. Do you intend to start a thread about it at some point?

Not quite my kind of knife, in looks or design/purpose. To put it in perspective, my favorite fixed blade is my Spartan Harsey Hunter, though at the moment my Spyderco Temperance 2, Survive GSO 4, or Bark River Bravo 1 get much more use.

I would rather have had the Emerson I lost and the cash paid to mod it. But I'll take this Nocturnal Knife over nothing, and it's about time I found closure to all this.

Good luck - keep checking in on him.

It looks so damn stabby. Other than that? No idea what to use it for. I would sell it on ebay and make your ching back. I couldn't keep it after all the crap.

Well, never imagined in a million years this is the info I would find after trying to track down "Ivan". He and his wife Lisa Carte made a custom rustic coffee table, book shelf and two end tables for our brand new home... and a took a $200 deposit for a dining room table they were "making". The wood on one of the end tables started to seperate so he picked it up to fix it. That was last fall. They were busy moving, his son got appendicitis, he was deathly ill in the hospital for months. You name it, I got the excuse. He FINALLY returned the end table. Left it on the porch with a note saying sorry he had to drop it off earlier than planned and that he would stop back with a check to refund the deposit. That was a few weeks ago. Needless to say I will be filing a claim in the Fairfield County courts within the next week. At this point I have no problem paying whatever court costs I need to in order to start getting this BS legally documented. So sorry for everyone who got screwed over by this low life. Smdh.

Well, never imagined in a million years this is the info I would find after trying to track down "Ivan". He and his wife Lisa Carte made a custom rustic coffee table, book shelf and two end tables for our brand new home... and a took a $200 deposit for a dining room table they were "making". The wood on one of the end tables started to seperate so he picked it up to fix it. That was last fall. They were busy moving, his son got appendicitis, he was deathly ill in the hospital for months. You name it, I got the excuse. He FINALLY returned the end table. Left it on the porch with a note saying sorry he had to drop it off earlier than planned and that he would stop back with a check to refund the deposit. That was a few weeks ago. Needless to say I will be filing a claim in the Fairfield County courts within the next week. At this point I have no problem paying whatever court costs I need to in order to start getting this BS legally documented. So sorry for everyone who got screwed over by this low life. Smdh.
Also, FYI they had me submits payments thru Paypal to his wife. All money was sent to Lisa Carte. He introduced himself as Ivan. Facebook account "Carl McSpackler" (that should have been my first red flag)

I would avoid any business with a known con.

Actions speak louder than words. Call me a pessimist, but I call myself a realist. History repeats itself and there's a history of terrible business practice here.

Sounds to me like he's setting up his next scam.
You are 100% correct. Now hes moved to furniture. Read the latest post I just made.

Back