NorthWoods Presidential?

Sure, I have thoughts. What specific thoughts are you looking for? If you want it and can afford it, get one. If not, don't.

Sure, I have thoughts. What specific thoughts are you looking for? If you want it and can afford it, get one. If not, don't.

Nothing in particular, I believe this is a new model for NorthWoods? Figured I would post a link for anyone that hasn't seen it yet and see if people had anything to say about it. :)

Last edited:
It is a cool knife. It is one I have had in the works for a long time. It is sort of a grail knife for me. :)

10154318_10152397501959493_6972341303475212204_n.jpg

Thanks for bringing these up. Really nice looking knives (out of my price range, but if there are any left when I win the lottery, I'd get one) :D

It is a cool knife. It is one I have had in the works for a long time. It is sort of a grail knife for me. :)

I'm a big fan of equal ends, I've been stalking the production and your online store for weeks,:D great blade combo, I was happy to see them start to show up at your store late yesterday.

Pete

Derrick, very cool picture. I think I'll wait a few days to see the choices that are available. But it looks like a great knife to me.

I'm not a fan of pen configurations, but this knife looks very cool to me, frame, bolsters, handles and blade (if I picture it as a single bladed knife). Great job Derrick and GEC: it's like a bigger and classier version of a White Owl.
As a personal note, I prefer this blade grind to the Burnside/Fremont (it's all about taste of course).
Hopefully, this is a preview for a future smaller single bladed version :D

Fausto
:cool:

I find the camel bone knives amazingly beautiful. The blade rubbing, meh, my sak blades rub too, no biggy. Your packing some blade in a small, thin, area, very nice.

Had I seen these before I placed an order at KSF yesterday it would have been added to the cart...... Nice looking knife!

I am so waiting for these, would love to get that mammoth Ivory one !!! I am sure a couple will come north. Steven

Nice looking knife. Problem is I end up wanting that one, this one, another, another.... Like an affliction. Maybe a 12 step program somewhere is what's needed at my house.

I wish this was available in a single blade variation. I'd think it would drop the price point to something a little more manageable for me, at above $150 it's a stretch.

My thoughts are: It is an attractive knife. I'm sure that it will have the same top quality of design and manufacture that all of the Northwoods-GEC custom runs do. It is more expensive than I am willing to pay for a pocket knife. The style and features do not match my individual tastes and preferences, which are by definition individual and possibly not shared by the majority. For instance: 4" is longer than I like to carry. Spear points are not my first preference, though that particular one is well implemented. I don't care for flat bolsters, though again, the way they were done on this knife is very good.

In short, it is a work of art that I can appreciate the beauty of while recognizing that it is not for me.

I think it looks great. It is too big for my tastes and I'm not a fan of spear points really but as jc57 said before me ...

In short, it is a work of art that I can appreciate the beauty of while recognizing that it is not for me.

Good job Derek :)

I like it, and may very well end up buying one, but it has to grow on me some before I pluck down that much for it. I will wait and see what the other handles look like before I say yay or nay.

Back