NorthWoods Presidential?

My blue camel arrived today.My wife picked this one out.I really wasnt going to get one of these,but she wanted it so that we got it. This is just beautiful nice and thin.I kind of wish I would have got a mammoth now.There are still some nice ones left.This is a nice size knife,I thought they were a little smaller.

I had a chance to chicken-eye and coon-finger this knife, finally!
Prez1_zps2a6aea9b.jpg

Prez3_zpsfa340219.jpg

Prez4_zpse2879193.jpg

Prez5_zps3445ed20.jpg

Prez2_zps555027a8.jpg

I am super impressed by its beauty and craftsmanship!
I started to realize that this style of finishing was a high-end endeavor when I acquired the Shrade in the middle of this picture some years ago.
FlatBolsters_zpsd5e5edb4.jpg

Attractive, and nicely finished, I discussed it with a few knifemakers, and came to the conclusion that it takes advanced skill to make a knife like this.
The hardest part is keeping the angles even, all the way around.
Derrick, you've done a nice project, well executed by the elves in Titusville!!
I love toting this treasure around. It is a high point of human accomplishment!

Ho Ho Ho!!

Terrific comments, Waynorth. I've got a mammoth and a camel bone on the way, and can't wait. My mammoth will be a beauty, but I don't think it will touch yours.

These presidentials appear to be a cut above most folders you will see. I hope I'll be as pleased with mine as some of you are with yours. I agree that Derrick has done a great project on this one, and should be commended. He's coming up with some great designs.

Got my camel bone presidential in the mail today, and, though I can't share the picture, the knife is beautiful. I picked a knife that was a mottled blue, white, beige with a speckling of dark blue throughout. That's just how the colors turned out. It has a true three dimensional look, and is drop dead gorgeous. If you're having second thoughts about the mottling of the camel bone, don't. These are much prettier than the solid camel colors in previous northwoods I have purchased. It makes for an elegant looking knife....and is much more interesting than a solid color, IMO.

The knife has a pull of about 5, and the smaller wharncliffe is a perfect size for work. The blades line up very close to the liners without any blade rub. There is a small rub on the large blade that looks like a hair on the blade.....very minimal. The sheath which comes with the knife is first class. The knife is sharp right out of the box (sheath:). I'm going to carry this knife for a couple of weeks and will report back, but first impressions of this knife are quite good.

I nabbed a couple lookers right off while the pickin was good!

As pretty as the knives are, I haven't given them too much pocket time. I'm still smitten with a Lloyd in mammoth ivory & 52100, so it may be a while before they (or at least the blue one) see some use.

P5051163

P5051164

DSC_9566__57817.1398476485.1280.1280.jpg

This knife in the blood red jigged bone is singing sweetly to me. The darn exchange rate puts this beauty at over $200 CAD before shipping to Canada. I called the shop the other day to ask about the weight and I thought they said it came in under 3 ounces. If that is correct it really could disappear in my pocket. That would actually be smaller and lighter and less expensive than the Benchmade 940 in my pocket right now.

ThinkMike, think,,what to do?

Do it Mike. You won't regret it. When mine was making its trip up North, it took a detour to Brazil first 😃

They're a great knife!

Sent from my mobile device - forgive any typos :)

MAN, those mammoth Presidentials look sweet!

I definitely have a soft spot for this knife. it hasn't seen a ton of carry this year, but it was BY FAR my most carried knife of 2015.
wc7s7tJ.jpg

Back