NorthWoods Presidential?

As I kind of threadjacked over on the flatknife thread, i reallllllly like that. Realllly. Lil spendy, but .... Any plans for stainless by chance?

I want one, just which one. Need to make a decision, because I can't afford them all.

I had high hopes when this was first announced. I was wishing for a Hawbaker type single spring knife with a full length wharncliffe and spear, but it turned out to be more like a spear/wharncliffe version of the TK Cuban pen knife (or a magnum White Owl), with flat bolsters, instead. I like the Eureka Jack much better with this blade combination (coping blades and small wharncliffes perform essentially the same functions). I doubt that the Northwoods is appreciably thinner than the Eureka and the Eureka is much shorter (and likely lighter) and looks to be an easier carry. Mine just fits in my watch pocket.

looks very nice, I like equal ends and single springs, pocket book might be in trouble :s

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

We don't currently have any plans for a stainless version.

There are always possibilities for different blade combos.

As to expense? I know the Northwoods line is on the high end. We try to put as much wow and value in as we can.

I have one in my pocket right now. It makes me smile. :)

I love the unusual look of the knife with the flat bolsters and single spring construction, and was looking forward to one in the burgundy micarta. I don't mind the price, but I can't live with the blade rub. Nonetheless, I think it is a great new offering and hope they are successful. Good job, Derrick.

I love the unusual look of the knife with the flat bolsters and single spring construction, and was looking forward to one in the burgundy micarta. I don't mind the price, but I can't live with the blade rub. Nonetheless, I think it is a great new offering and hope they are successful. Good job, Derrick.

I'm sure a lot of folks have trouble with the blade rub, but some of my very favorite knives have some blade rub so it really doesn't bother me. If I really wanted a particular knife, I'd buy it.......but that's me.....to each his own.

Great looking knife! The price doesn't necessarily put me off but I'm just not able to justify it in this case. Holding one in-hand might be a different story. I've got several others on my KSF wish list I would prefer to have.

Great pics as usual!

I'm sure a lot of folks have trouble with the blade rub, but some of my very favorite knives have some blade rub so it really doesn't bother me. If I really wanted a particular knife, I'd buy it.......but that's me.....to each his own.

Since it's 1095, presumably it will patinate at some point. In my experience, patina makes the visual evidence of rub negligible. To me, rub is primarily a cosmetic issue on shiny stainless knives. This assumes that it's rub that you wouldn't know existed but for the little marks on the blades. Anything more and I might call it blade strike, not rub.

Blade rub.... like everything else, it depends on "how much" as far as I'm concerned.

I like the Presidential, but I am not sure if I will spring for one of these. Maybe a camel bone..... I am not attacted to the jigged ones and I don't think I will be able to afford a mammoth ivory. I feel sure it will substantially increase the cost.

One question. I know it's slim, but at that size is it a tad heavy?

I am at home and without a scale. It did strike me as a bit heavy. It is hard to not be at that size. It is no where near as heavy as many it's same size.

It hasn't bothered me. I'll try to get you an exact weight when I make it to the shop.

I like the one in the picture that appears to be mammoth. I'd like to buy that one.

I seem to have a desire to buy traditional knives with mammoth ivory scales lately. Go figure.

Tough decision since the Fremont Jack in mammoth is coming out soon.

K.K.

Back