Not your every day mirror edge

Out in the field, you can use this same technique to restore your edge. The sophisticated device best use in upside down position while using natural abrasive (um.. mud/sand/clay).

Come on knifeknuts, pitch in your best shot :cool:

Well that rules out a phonograph player with lapping film or slurry on the disk....

Still no clue :confused: ....

Since you said upside down and almost always available I am thinking of something imbedded in soil/mud, a wooden board or so?

It's a riddle. :p

Okay I'm with the others, I give.

Heh toothbrush... That occurred to me too, but it's ubsured.

Absurd it is :D
Facing downward, can do blindly, minimum chance of rounding the edge .. can't think of other possibility. Besides, toothbrush always being used one handed :p

Chris "Anagarika";12940710 said:
Absurd it is :D
Facing downward, can do blindly, minimum chance of rounding the edge .. can't think of other possibility. Besides, toothbrush always being used one handed :p

Oi, leave me be. It was far too early to be speeling korectly. :)

Large ice-cube loaded with abrasive grit....?

And when it melts it'll confuse the masses! I like.

One guess was close. Keep in mind that this action shouldn't destroy the apex, rather it should help refine the edge to certain extend of sharpness depend on skills level.

More clues - along with mirror & decently sharp, the edge almost guarantee free of burr/wire-edge. Remember to take into account the one-handed blind folded ease of use.

I'm going to use madrone burl for the handle. fancy cloth help pull the wool over ppl eyes ;)

its a mouse pad with wet dry sandpaper/compounds using the stropping method

Nail polish is out, as it tends to round the edges (worse than leather + compound) ...

It has to be comforming to the edge (used blindly) but not overtly so (no rounding) ..

4D = time ... so something motorized?

:confused:
I think I give up.

Completely freehand. 4thD = motion, which is a given but it demoted from 3rd D :beguiled:

Back