NOTICE TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelle Espinosa, huh...Ms. Marketing. The same person that came into the general forum with that "ELU" stuff...
frown.gif
Things sure go down hill fast around here.
Dan

Althoug I am not a regular contributor to this forum, it has always been fun to read and almost all of the posts here offer very helpful information. I think danelle had a lot to do with that. I am sorry to hear she won't be spyderco's moderator.
frown.gif

I do hope that Spyderco will post a statement of some sort for the BladeForums folks. Quite frankly, until there is some explaination, some closure to the Danielle matter, I`ve lost interest in this forum. This is certainly an ill wind blowing in here.

I`m afraid ghostsix is right. The terse "as of 4:00 pm today, Sept 7......" statement sounds like a termination. Amicable departures aren`t usually dated and timestamped.

And I shudder to think that DanK may be on to something. I`d hate to see Spyderco become a ship steered by marketing!

These are the types of scenarios that going through the feeble minds of a lot of us "ELU`s". I hope someday we can find out what really happened in Golden yesterday.

I just don`t see the upside to this at all.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh! I've just been winded, no, it's MUCH worse than that!

Say, it's not ANYWHERE near the 1st of April... Can anyone shed some light on where Danelle is going?

Who is going to deliver THAT kind of customer service now? Mind you, who is going to be the FRIEND that Danelle has been to many of us, even without knowing us in person...

Hey guys if she got fired we better vote with our pocket books. Especially since we might not get the kind of service that she has ensured was available in the past.

I'll be missing D. but before I vote with anything I'd sure like to know has happened?
Because I don't wanna judge Spyderco/D. before I know the facts around this episode.

Best wishes to you Danelle! I'll be at the Gunshow Saturday, flag me down to say hi!

Bummer
frown.gif
..... Danelle, good luck with your new endeavors.

Take care,
Tom

Come on, guys. She left the company. Might have been mutually beneficial, maybe not. It's really none of our business, unless Danelle wants to explain. Spyderco legally can't tell us about it, even if they want to. This is a public forum, where we looked at Danelle as a representative of the company. Again, the company pretty much HAD to give us a notice that she no longer serves in such capacity, and WITHOUT giving any details of their parting. The wording is a bit "chilly", but who knows...?

Let's just say what we hope will be a temporary goodbye to Danelle, and give Spyderco the opportunity to keep showing us that their organization is just as high quality as it's individual parts.

[This message has been edited by Brian_Turner (edited 09 September 1999).]

I've noticed, in other knife company forums too, that we hard-core enthusiasts for the product line, in communication with each other on the Net, sometimes start thinking like we're stockholders, which we are not.

As others have observed, it's a personnel matter that normally would not be discussed with customers in a public forum, and uninformed speculation here cannot do any good, and can only do harm.

Meanwhile, I move that we should all be nice to Michelle.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

I agree with James.

Good to have you here, Michelle!

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." --Douglas Adams

Motion is seconded, James.

Michelle has the unenviable role as the step-mother filling in for a dearly departed (and likely ever more perfect) den mother.

Hopefully the maturity of members will win out over their (natural) impulse vent their loss at her replacement.

I've never dealt with Danelle myself, but I realize she was something of an icon.

The Net is a wonderful medium, but it does have its limitations. Friendships (and enemies) are made and as easily lost thru the virtual magic of the Web, but which hardly fills our occasional flesh and blood need for something more substantial.

Sorry to hear that Spyderco lost it's second best asset(the Military being its first). Danelle has been a big part of my Spyderco life and she will be missed.
Will the service and satisfaction remain top-notch....? As with all things time will be the telling factor....

------------------
"Worst of all my foes, I fear the enemy within"
*John Wesley*

Romans 10:9-10

"Military" Fans Unite!!

[This message has been edited by William Johnson (edited 08 September 1999).]

I agree with James and his stockholder analogy. However, there is no way to stop people from speculating and second guessing when such a formidible change occurs in so public a forum. The loss of a key manager in a company can send that companies stock into a downward spiral. That`s not unusual at all. Why does it happen? Speculation. It`s an old game and we all play it at one time or another.

One of the problems is that the internet IS a public forum. Like it or not, Danelle had become the voice and face of Spyderco for many of us here in the forums. I don`t think that was by accident. She did a great job as Spyderco`s virtual ambassador. Her departure was announced openly, and people will speculate openly. That`s why we have forums in the first place; to exchange information and to dispel fiction with fact. I don`t think that it is mean spirited to do so.

Don`t forget that running a business on the internet is still in it`s infancy. We can`t expect companies to know how to handle this new virtual aspect of their business. It`s all uncharted territory.

My two cents:

1. Bad news can`t wait.
2. A little light dispels much darkness.
3. Treat people like adults and they`ll act like adults.

I sincerely hope this is the LAST I write about the subject. I fear I may be a little too emotionally involved to be unbiased. Forgive me if I offend.

Danelle will definitely be missed. She went out of her way several times to do me a favor.

Good luck in whatever the future holds for you Danelle.

Michelle,
If you or any other person who is going to take over Danelle's duties both here on the forums and as a customer service rep. at Spyderco want to keep both dealers and customers happy, you have very big shoes to fill. Good luck.

------------------
C.O.'s-"It takes balls to work behind the walls "

Well, things can change quickly while one's away... Personnel matters are between a company and its employees, unless one or the other, or both go public for whatever reason.

Regardless, Good luck, Danelle in your future endeavors. For me, you represented Spyderco well.

Michelle, Welcome. Look forward to more positive types of involvement/posts in the future.

sing

On to the business of the forum, I finally got to send in my raffle entry about 2 days ago, and I just wanted to make sure the money will go to it's rightful owner, as with the Spydewrench
smile.gif

Aaron

------------------
amacks@nist.gov
Don't forget to pay your taxes...they eventually become my knives:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back