Now Hurricane Maria!!!--Hurricane Irma-

I wish but everyone (news and hurricane center) are all saying brace for impact. It's is projected to exit the island just to the east of my house

But it's only supposed to be a Category 4 storm at that point, so "no worries," right?

ETA: For anything above a Cat. 3, I'd be inclined to get out of its way. But I don't guess you have too many options on an island where the whole thing is in the cone.

Last edited:
Hope everything goes ok for you guys!!!! This is a aweful hurricane season for sure!! I'd have my Basic -11 and my swamp rat Howling Rat and stand out front of this storm and I know it would turn back out over the ocean.

But it's only supposed to be a Category 4 storm at that point, so "no worries," right?

ETA: For anything above a Cat. 3, I'd be inclined to get out of its way. But I don't gues you have too any options on an island where the whole thing is in the cone.

Yea some people back in the states said: "Why don't you just evacuate?" Because we live on an island and there is no place to evacuate to. And can't hide from it when the thing is 10 times the size of the island itself.

Once there is a hurricane warning they start grounding flights. And just before that they get sold out within minutes. But also, the military doesn't evacuate personnel since they will have to help in the aftermath.

But they are predicting that it could hit Cat 5 just before smacking us on Wednesday!

Gotta make sure the guns and blades are good cause you know once lights and food are hard to find people act crazy

Adian, it has been upgraded already. :(
Take care, brother. Prayers up for those in the path.

Over PR at about 2pm AST Wednesday, which would be hour 42 of the 8PM forecast:

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INIT 19/0000Z 15.3N 61.1W 140 KT 160 MPH
12H 19/0600Z 15.7N 61.9W 145 KT 165 MPH
24H 19/1800Z 16.5N 63.3W 145 KT 165 MPH
36H 20/0600Z 17.3N 64.7W 140 KT 160 MPH
48H 20/1800Z 18.2N 66.2W 130 KT 150 MPH

72H 21/1800Z 20.0N 69.0W 125 KT 145 MPH
96H 22/1800Z 22.0N 71.5W 120 KT 140 MPH
120H 23/1800Z 25.0N 73.0W 105 KT 120 MPH

Cat. 5 is ≥157 MPH, so it looks like you'll probably at least be close.
Maybe a few worries.

We are currently at over 160 mph winds and they say it is still strengthening!

Was a rumor that the military was gonna evacuate all non essential personnel but guess they ruled it out.

It's gonna be really bad here!!! Crossing and exiting the island right by my house!

We are currently at over 160 mph winds and they say it is still strengthening!

Was a rumor that the military was gonna evacuate all non essential personnel but guess they ruled it out.

It's gonna be really bad here!!! Crossing and exiting the island right by my house!

Wishing you all the best, stay safe.

Thanks everyone. We were kinda crossing our fingers that we would get evacuated by the military like they did for those stationed in Florida for Irma, but I guess they ruled out the flights. So we will just batten down the hatches and see where we end up on the flip side.

Stay Safe Brother .
Praying for you guys.

Best of luck, thoughts and prayers sent for those in its path.

Stay safe man! And everyone else in its path. Keep the sharp things buried in a box. Don't want supersonic INFI causing additional damage.

Can you imagine a WTF or HNWS screaming through the air at 100+ mph?

That's the stuff of nightmares.

Back